With these micro-tasks, you can make money without spending too much time. The best part? They're easy and quick! You won't be able to take down the big bucks with them but they will add up over time because there's plenty from which to choose – plus do it all in your own home (or wherever).
Work when you want, wherever you are. All that is needed for this job-related paradise? A computer and an internet connection! Types of micro-tasks include:
- Content Moderation: Decide whether specific types of content violate rules and regulations of a website.
- Proofreading: Checking text for any errors (spelling/grammar etc)\
- Online Research: Find important and relevant data for companies/businesses.
- Data Sorting: Take data and sort them into categories.
- Transcribing Audio and Text Creation: type up audio and create description for products.
- Photo/Audio and Video services: Take photos or record audio and videos and get paid for it.
Pros of being a micro-task assistant
- No deadlines/supervision.
- Good sites offer a lot of support.
- Flexible work hours/schedule.
- Good money if the work done is of high quality.
- Steady income flow (weekly payments).
- Little to no skills required.
Cons of being a micro-task assistant
- Risk of getting scammed.
- Expect smaller earnings at the start if you’re inexperienced.
- Might be boring if you get a gig that doesn’t interest you.
Here are 4 top tips and tricks to help you when becoming a micro tasker
- Keep yourself occupied in the background by listening to music or watch videos to prevent yourself from getting bored.
- Complete the tasks on time to avoid getting blacklisted (you might not get new tasks)
- Turn notifications on (if applicable) to ensure you get tasks as they come and go quickly.
- Read instructions and understand the requirements to get a better reputation/job completion satisfaction.
Micro-tasking earning potential
Micro-tasks are a great way to generate some extra cash on the side. You can do them in your free time and they don't take too long, which means you'll make money while doing something fun! This means that you earn a good return for the amount of work put into it, but don't expect these to replace your full-time job.
Sites to use to become a “micro tasker”
My list of the best side hustle ideas for 2022 that'll make you extra income
- Become a freelance writer
- Get paid searching the Internet
- Do retail arbitrage online
- Become a Fiverr freelancer
- Become a social media moderator
- Become a tasker
- Become a virtual assistant
- Become a website & app tester
- Get paid listening to music
- Earn money on Reddit
- Create online courses
- Get paid using apps
- Publish articles on Vocal
- Get paid to give expert answers
- Peer-to-peer renting sites
- Join marketing focus & research groups
- Become a "micro" tasker
- Join research studies on Respondent
- Become a voiceover actor
- Become a transcriber
- Do paid surveys online
- Join WFH Facebook Groups
- Become a customer service representative
- Become a mystery shopper
- Become a resume writer
- Start a blog
- All side hustle ideas >>