The idea of working from home is great. Whether you want to make some extra cash or fund your own project, there are plenty of opportunities out in the market. That being said, there's so much bad information out on the internet and even more scams designed to trick you into spending your hard-earned money instead of earning money. Read more to see how to not get scammed!
So, where do you go to find out about the legit jobs that are available for those who want a legitimate way of making money from home?
People generally seem skeptical when it comes to Facebook groups and websites promising big bucks without much work. There's also an inherent risk in any opportunity online: scammers always exist! Luckily we've got tips on how best to present yourself so as not to be fooled by these con artists!
Bonus tip: Create a Facebook Business Page to make yourself look more professional and keep your personal profile separate. If you want to take it up a notch, then set up an Instagram account too!
Pros of working from home Facebook groups
- Flexible work hours and schedule.
- Good pay for most jobs.
- Little to no skills needed for some jobs.
- A good reputation will get you better jobs.
- Work from anywhere as long as you have a laptop and internet connection.
Cons of working from home Facebook groups
- You need to actively look for work due to the competitive nature.
- Some tasks require certain skills (design skills/accounting etc).
- There might be deadlines to meet for certain tasks.
- Scams. People might take advantage of you and not pay you after.
Here are 4 top tips and tricks to help you when being in a working from home Facebook group
- Treat your online identity the same way you would a CV or job interview. Keep your profile clean and steer away from controversial opinions and posts.
- If you want to stand out from the crowd, make sure your profile shows off any skills that would be useful for people to utilise.
- Follow all the rules and regulations on the groups and avoid reposting stuff that has already been posted (use the search function).
- Join groups that are a good fit for your interests. Avoid joining any group you don't want to be part of to avoid wasting everybody’s time.
WFH earning potential
The earning potential for this will depend on how much time you’re willing to put in. The idea of this hustle is to provide you with an additional income stream in your spare time so that the money can help support any family responsibilities or other interests.
Expect to earn around $300-$500 monthly from these jobs if you’re not committing too much time to it. Because some tasks might be commission-based, it’s important to check what the rate is as well before committing.
List of best work from home Facebook groups
- Legit Work From Home Jobs
- Real Work From Home Jobs With Thressa
- About Work From Home Happiness
- WORK FROM HOME Jobs
- Work from home jobs
- Your Dream Remote Job Now – Home
- Remote Career Opportunities
- Remote Like Me Community
My list of the best side hustle ideas for 2022 that'll make you extra income
- Become a freelance writer
- Get paid searching the Internet
- Do retail arbitrage online
- Become a Fiverr freelancer
- Become a social media moderator
- Become a tasker
- Become a virtual assistant
- Become a website & app tester
- Get paid listening to music
- Earn money on Reddit
- Create online courses
- Get paid using apps
- Publish articles on Vocal
- Get paid to give expert answers
- Peer-to-peer renting sites
- Join marketing focus & research groups
- Become a "micro" tasker
- Join research studies on Respondent
- Become a voiceover actor
- Become a transcriber
- Do paid surveys online
- Join WFH Facebook Groups
- Become a customer service representative
- Become a mystery shopper
- Become a resume writer
- Start a blog
- All side hustle ideas >>