Do you have a deep understanding of how to do something and want people to learn from your knowledge? Then why not make some money doing so! Create your very own course and teach people how to do what they want in easy-to-learn steps, without all the unnecessary fluff.
Whether you create a text-based or video-based course, your goal should always be to provide value. This means that you'll need content with answers for people who are looking and ready to learn something new from where they can apply it in their own lives or businesses.
As to the template of the course, that’s entirely up to you. You can either sell a one-off course, or sell mini-modules independently from one another, but then combine them at higher prices once they've been purchased in full. The choice is yours!
Pros of creating your own online course
- High income potential. More courses written equals more income.
- The income is passive once you’ve completed the course.
- There are many places online that allow you to sell courses.
- You can showcase and share your expertise and knowledge with the world.
Cons of creating your own online course
- Creating a course can be time consuming.
- If your course isn’t interesting, you won’t make any sales.
- Some places take a high commission of your sales.
- Some topics can be highly competitive.
- Some people prefer video courses over text based, so it might not be for you if you’re camera shy.
Here are 4 top tips and tricks to help you become a better course creator
- Keep your videos/modules short and sharp. A good time is between 10 to 15 minutes long. That way it’s easier for people to digest the information.
- Video courses are easier to do compared to text/audio for 2 reasons. Videos have a higher perceived value, and it’s easier for people to understand/digest the information if there are graphics.
- Email lists are a good way to get people to sign up at the start. Another good way to get big affiliate marketers to sell your course is to offer them a higher percentage at the start.
- People like to know the fastest way to solve their problems, so try and include as many quick wins as possible in your course.
Online courses earning potential
The earning potential for this will depend on how many copies you sell. As for pricing, text-based courses can range from $5 to $25, whereas video courses can range anywhere from $20 to $100. If you really spend the time to create a high-quality course, they can range anywhere from $200 to $500.
It all depends on how much effort you put in and how much useful information is included in the course. The more content you release, the higher your chances for success. It may not seem like much at the start but remember, even if you only make a few sales per launch, your monthly income will grow.
Sites to use to create your own online course
My list of the best side hustle ideas for 2022 that'll make you extra income
- Become a freelance writer
- Get paid searching the Internet
- Do retail arbitrage online
- Become a Fiverr freelancer
- Become a social media moderator
- Become a tasker
- Become a virtual assistant
- Become a website & app tester
- Get paid listening to music
- Earn money on Reddit
- Create online courses
- Get paid using apps
- Publish articles on Vocal
- Get paid to give expert answers
- Peer-to-peer renting sites
- Join marketing focus & research groups
- Become a "micro" tasker
- Join research studies on Respondent
- Become a voiceover actor
- Become a transcriber
- Do paid surveys online
- Join WFH Facebook Groups
- Become a customer service representative
- Become a mystery shopper
- Become a resume writer
- Start a blog
- All side hustle ideas >>