SiteGround is one of the most popular and highest-rated web hosting providers in the WordPress community. In this SiteGround review, I cover SiteGround’s features, support options, performance, and pricing – helping you decide if this is the right web host for you.
Professional web hosting is a must for every entrepreneur, small business owner, and large company because it improves site performance, boosts search engine rankings, and provides excellent customer support.
With SiteGround, you’ll get all of this and so much more. Read my SiteGround review to find out why this web host is in charge of 2.8 million domains and whether you should buy one of its plans.
TL;DR SiteGround is one of the very best web hosting platforms in the world right now thanks to its high server uptime, impressive loading times, unlimited bandwidth, user-friendly domain management panel, and top-grade security it provides. Plus, there are multiple great hosting options to choose from and SiteGround hosting account owners have access to high-rated, round-the-clock customer support to make the most of their package.
If you don’t have time to read this SiteGround review, just watch this short video I put together for you:
SiteGround Pros and Cons
- High Reliability and Uptime — With its 99.99% average uptime, SiteGround prides itself on being one of the most reliable web hosts on the market. This means your website will be available to your existing and potential customers practically all the time so you don’t lose a single dollar from purchases.
- Excellent Site Loading Times — Website speed (the time visitors have to wait for a site to load) is extremely important when looking for a web host. Luckily, SiteGround delivers superior site speed.
- Top-Notch Security — SiteGround proactively protects your website from hackers and malicious code with the help of a custom web application firewall (WAF), a unique AI-driven anti-bot system, and, of course, free SSL security. You’ll learn more about SiteGround’s powerful security measures below.
- Managed WordPress Service — SiteGround is well aware of the fact that WordPress is the most widely used content management system. That’s precisely why the web hosting company includes a free WordPress installation, automated updates, performance optimization, an all-inclusive SiteGround security plugin, and expert WordPress support in all its plans.
- Domain Management Services — SiteGround allows its users to manage their domain directly through their SiteGround dashboard along with their hosting. Additionally, you can purchase a custom domain name from SiteGround. The web hosting provider offers a large number of extensions, including .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .blog, .online, and .shop.
- Free Website Builder — SiteGround includes the free version of the Weebly drag-and-drop website builder in all its plans. This website-building tool gives you the chance to create a stunning site without having to write a single line of code. All you need to do is select the content or design element you want to add to your website and then drag and drop it into place. If you don’t want to start from scratch, you can choose a mobile-responsive theme and go from there.
- 24/7 Help Center — As a SiteGround customer, you’re entitled to request expert help from the SiteGround support team. SiteGround’s agents reply and resolve issues quickly, which is why they have stellar ratings.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee — All SiteGround shared hosting plans are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can test-drive the platform risk-free for a month. If you realize SiteGround isn’t the smartest choice for you within the first 30 days from your signup, you’ll be able to cancel the service and receive a full refund (this includes only the hosting fees).
- High Renewal Prices — As you’ll see below, SiteGround sells its shared hosting plans at affordable, discounted prices, but they’re only valid for the first term. If you decide to renew your hosting services, SiteGround will charge you the full amount. This means you’ll need to have a nice budget to use SiteGround’s web hosting services for longer than a year.
- Limited Basic Plan — SiteGround’s StartUp shared hosting package is exactly that — a plan to begin building your online presence with. It’s suitable for 1-site projects that can succeed with only 10GB of storage space. If you want to host multiple websites from a single account, have access to a faster server, and be able to request backups of your sites, you’ll need to buy a higher tier plan.
- Limited Disk Space in All Shared Hosting Plans — Another significant downside of SiteGround’s shared hosting plans is the limited storage space. Even the top-tier package has a storage limit — 40GB. This means you’ll have to upgrade to cloud hosting if your website grows beyond this limitation.
- None of the Plans Comes With a Free Custom Domain — One of the most disappointing SiteGround cons is the absence of a free custom domain name in all its plans (most of SiteGround’s rivals throw in that particular freebie in their offers). If you want to buy a unique domain with the .com extension, for example, you’ll have to pay $23.99 a year. On the plus side, SiteGround allows its users to set up a website using a free SiteGround subdomain. Obviously, this option is useful for test sites only.
Because of their dedication to uptime, speed, security, and support – it really is the superior web host right now! And I'm not the only one that ❤️ them.
SiteGround is the #1 web hosting favorite in many surveys/polls on Facebook:
Their speed technology is the main thing people like the most. SiteGround also gets positive feedback and ratings on Twitter:
In this 2022 SiteGround review, I look at the most important features of SiteGround, what their pricing plans are like, and walk through the pros and cons (because they're not 100% perfect) to help you make up your mind before you sign up with SiteGround.
When you have finished reading this you will know if it's the right (or wrong) web hosting service for you to use.
Here is how our web hosting review process works:
1. We sign up for the web hosting plan & install a blank WordPress site.
2. We monitor the site's performance, uptime, & page load time speed.
3. We analyze the good/bad features, pricing, & customer support.
4. We publish the review (and update it throughout the year).
Key SiteGround Features
Fast Load Times
When it comes to making a website user-friendly, one of the most important issues is speed.
Sites that load slowly aren’t likely to rise to the top in any niche. A study from Google found that a one-second delay in mobile page load times can impact conversion rates by up to 20%.
Why? Because web users are notoriously impatient. In fact, studies show that if a page hasn’t loaded in three seconds, users are likely to navigate away in search of something faster – and the longer the wait is, the more people you’ll lose.
SiteGround takes site speed seriously. And their expert developers are always working on new technology to help improve site load times – and it shows.
My test site hosted on SiteGround loads very fast out-of-the-box. It gets a 97% mobile score on Google PageSpeed Insights.
And on GTmetric its performance score is 91%.
Here are the specific technologies SiteGround use to guarantee fast loading times to their customers websites and apps:
- SiteGround's infrastructure is powered by Google Cloud with SSD-persistent storage and ultra-fast network.
- Solid State Drives (SSDs) are up to a thousand times faster than regular drives. All of the databases and sites hosted by SiteGround use SSDs for storage.
- NGINX web server technology helps speed up the loading time for static content on your website. All of SG's clients’ sites get the benefit of NGINX web server technology.
- Web caching plays a key role in loading dynamic content from your website. They have built their own caching mechanism, SuperCacher, which relies on NGINX reverse proxy. The result is faster loading of dynamic content and better website speed optimization.
- Free Content Delivery Network (CDN) and HTTP/2 and PHP7 enabled servers help speed up loading times around the world by making your content more accessible.
- Ultrafast PHP ensures up to 30% faster websites.
Fast SSD Disks
Siteground’s shared and cloud hosting plans run on SSD disks. SSDs (solid-state drives) are newer, more reliable, and faster storage devices than traditional HDDs (hard-disk drives) — they read up to 10 times faster and write up to 20 times more quickly than HDDs.
Unlike their hard-disk counterparts, SSDs don’t feature any moving parts and store data on instantly-accessible memory chips. This is why they work more efficiently and are more resistant to physical shock.
What does this mean for your website hosted on SiteGround? It will load fast.
Free Cloudflare CDN Integration
Another key part of SiteGround’s high-speed hosting is the free Cloudflare CDN service it includes in all its plans. In case you’re not familiar with the term, CDN stands for content delivery network.
A CDN is a group of servers located around the world or spread out over a region with one primary goal: to deliver content to users in different geographic locations at great speed. These servers do this by temporarily storing or caching web content and sending the cached content to visitors from the nearest data center to them.
Aside from improving page load times, CDNs also enable global reach, balance network traffic loads, reduce bandwidth costs by minimizing trips to and from the origin server and provide DoS (denial-of-service) and DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) protection.
SiteGround’s unique SuperCacher technology boosts website speed by caching dynamic pages and results from database queries. This effective caching tool includes 3 different caching solutions: NGINX Direct Delivery, Dynamic Cache, and Memcached. Each of them is a crucial piece of the puzzle.
As the name suggests, the Dynamic Cache solution caches dynamic website content — the HTML output of your web application — and serves it directly from the RAM. This is an amazing layer of caching, especially for WordPress websites.
Last but not least, the Memcached service is aimed at database-powered websites. It improves site performance by accelerating database calls, API calls, and page rendering. Facebook, YouTube, and Wikipedia are only some of the many sites that take advantage of this caching system.
Powerful Security Features
To protect your website from cyber-attacks, SiteGround lets you install a free SSL certificate and automatically updates your PHP version. The reputable hosting provider also automatically manages WordPress updates for both the software and the plugins.
There’s also an effective security plugin SiteGround developed and maintains exclusively for WordPress sites. This plugin prevents multiple dangerous scenarios, including compromised login, data leaks, and brute-force attacks.
The SiteGround Security plugin incorporates a number of carefully developed tools such as:
- Custom login URL;
- Limited login access;
- Disable common usernames;
- Limited login attempts;
- Advanced XSS protection; and
- Force password reset as a post-hack action.
Additionally, SiteGround isolates your website so it won’t be compromised in case some of your IP neighbors get attacked. The web host also allows you to use 2-factor authentication for extra security.
For extra security, the SG Site Scanner (powered by Sucuri) is a malware detection and monitoring service and it's a paid addon. It scans your entire website and detects all vulnerabilities and sends you alerts via email.
SiteGround Backup Service
Creating website backups on a regular basis is a hugely important layer of website protection, which is why I decided to dedicate a separate section to SiteGround’s backup service.
SiteGround’s backup feature is an integral part of SiteGround’s system and isn’t performed by a third party. The web hosting company automatically saves daily backups of your site and stores up to 30 copies (7 copies for cloud hosting accounts).
Plus, SiteGround allows all shared hosting package owners to restore backups for free with just a few clicks. You can choose to restore all files and databases from a particular day, restore only the files, restore only the databases, or restore emails.
One of my favorite parts of SiteGround’s backup solution is the on-demand option. With it, you can install as many plugins as you want and push code or system updates without worrying you’ll lose important data in case something goes wrong.
Unfortunately, on-demand backups are included only in the GrowBig and GoGeek plans (there’s a limit of 5 website copies at a time). If you buy the entry-level package, you’ll be able to order single backups for $29.95 per copy.
When migrating websites and transferring domain names you often need to find and replace values and strings of text.
An excellent feature is the WordPress Search & Replace that is located in the WordPress settings in the dashboard.
Outstanding Customer Support
SiteGround’s customer support team provides round-the-clock assistance. You can reach out to Siteground’s support agents via email, phone, or live chat.
Plus, SiteGround has plenty of support content in the form of how-to tutorials and free ebooks on its site to help you understand the basics of web hosting and make the most of your SiteGround plan.
If you’re new to web hosting and website building but don’t want to hire a professional to take care of your online presence, SiteGround’s Getting Started, WordPress, Email, SuperCacher, and Cloudflare CDN tutorials will provide you with all the necessary info.
In case you can’t find the answer you’re looking for in the tutorial section, you can use the AI-driven search tool by logging into your Client Area and then accessing the Help Menu.
To get the self-service support tool to go through SiteGround’s 4,500+ up-to-date articles and quickly find the most relevant answer to your question, you need to type a keyword or question into the search bar. Yes, it’s that easy!
Smooth and Risk-Free Website Transfer
As a WordPress host, SiteGround makes it incredibly easy to transfer your WordPress site to a SiteGround hosting account. All you need to do is install its free WordPress Migrator plugin, generate a transfer token from your SiteGround account, paste it into your SiteGround Migrator tool, and click ‘Initiate Transfer’.
If you want to save yourself the bother of moving your website to this platform yourself, you can hire SiteGround’s team of manual site migration experts to transfer all your files and databases.
This service is available to all users, not just WordPress ones. However, it usually takes up to 5 business days and isn’t free; it costs $30 per site.
SiteGround Optimizer for WordPress Sites
SiteGround has developed a robust WordPress site optimization plugin called SiteGround Optimizer. This tool has more than a million active installations at the moment and uses a number of optimization techniques to improve your website performance, including:
- 3 layers of caching (NGINX Direct Delivery which isn’t WordPress-specific, Dynamic Cache, and Memcached);
- Scheduled database maintenance (database optimization for MyISAM tables, deletion of all automatically created post and page drafts, deletion of all posts and pages in your trash, deletion of all comments marked as spam, etc.);
- GZIP compression for reduced network traffic and faster site loading times;
- Image optimization that doesn’t spoil the quality of the images; and
- Speed testing powered by Google PageSpeed.
SiteGround has introduced several amazing changes to the SiteGround Optimizer plugin.
Aside from the user-friendly design and structure, SiteGround’s team has added a ‘RECOMMENDED’ tag to the features every WordPress website owner can benefit from without messing up some of the other settings.
SiteGround has also provided integration for its image compression technology and webP image generation.
If you like to manually optimize and fine-tune your website then the SiteGround Optimizer gives you a range of options to do so.
The Environment settings let you force HTTPS and fix insecure content, optimize WordPress HeartBEat and do DNS pre-fetching.
The Caching settings let you choose and optimize caching types.
Managed WordPress Hosting
SiteGround is the perfect web host for WordPress-powered sites. WordPress can be installed and configured from the dashboard.
SiteGround is a fully-managed WordPress host, meaning they will keep your WordPress site secure and automatically updated.
WordPress features include:
- Free website migration plugin
- Speed-optimization plugin
- Auto-updating of scripts
- Easy-to-set-up staging areas
- 1-click WordPress installation
Speed & Uptime Test
Over the last couple of months, I have monitored and analyzed the uptime, speed, and overall performance of my test site hosted on SiteGround.com.
Because apart from page load times, it’s also important that your website is “up” and available to your visitors. I monitor uptime for SiteGround to see how often they experience outages.
The above screenshot only shows the past 30 days, you can view historical uptime data and server response time at this uptime monitor page.
No web host is perfect, and SiteGround is no exception. There are a few downsides to consider before you make the decision to use SG as your web hosting provider.
The first negative thing is that they have fairly low caps on the amount of data you can store on your site.
There are undoubtedly good reasons for these limitations. The more data customers store on their shared hosting servers, the more likely it is that they’ll experience slow load times.
However, people who have image/video-heavy sites might have an issue with their storage limitations. They range from 10 GB at the low end to 40 GB at the high end. That might be plenty for most text-based sites.
The only solution to this particular issue is to make your best guess about how much storage you will need to keep your site going and then take a look and see if one of the plans can accommodate your storage needs.
- StartUp: 10 GB storage (okay for most non-CMS / non-WordPress powered sites)
- GrowBig: 20 GB storage (okay for WordPress / Joomla / Drupal driven sites)
- GoGeek: 40 GB storage (okay for ecommerce as well as WordPress / Joomla / Drupal driven sites)
They have something they call a monthly allowance of “CPU seconds per account”. Basically, this limits how many resources your site is allowed to use per month. The potential problem here is if you go over this limit regularly, then they may put your site on hold until the next month when your monthly allowance resets.
They outline the monthly resource limits in their plan details:
- StartUp: Suitable for ~10,000 visits per month
- GrowBig: Suitable for ~100,000 visits per month
- GoGeek: Suitable for ~400,000 visits per month
However, you should be aware that an overuse freeze can happen below the 400k visit limit on the GoGeek package. So if your website attracts considerable traffic, say more than 10,000 visitors per day, then even the GoGeek might not work out for you.
I would argue that if you get thousands of visitors to your site per day then you should stay away from shared hosting altogether, as you are better off with SiteGround's cloud hosting plan (it comes with many more resources, and is more expensive of course).
SiteGround Web Hosting Plans
SiteGround offers a wide variety of hosting plans. Regardless of whether you have a small blog or a complex eCommerce platform, SiteGround can keep your website up and running.
Read on to familiarize yourself with SiteGround’s hosting packages and find out which one is ideal for you. (Alternatively, check out my dedicated SiteGround pricing plan article.)
|Web hosting plans||/|
|StartUp plan||$3.99/month * (discounted from $14.99/month)|
|GrowBig plan (bestseller)||$6.69/month* (discounted from $24.99/month)|
|GoGeek plan||$10.69/month* (discounted from $39.99/month)|
|WordPress hosting plans||/|
|StartUp plan||$3.99/month * (discounted from $14.99/month)|
|GrowBig plan (most popular)||$6.69/month* (discounted from $24.99/month)|
|GoGeek plan||$10.69/month* (discounted from $39.99/month)|
|WooCommerce hosting plans||/|
|StartUp plan||$3.99/month * (discounted from $14.99/month)|
|GrowBig plan (bestseller)||$6.69/month*(discounted from $24.99/month)|
|GoGeek plan||$10.69/month* (discounted from $39.99/month)|
|Reseller hosting plans||/|
|GrowBig plan||$6.69/month* (discounted from $24.99/month)|
|GoGeek plan||$10.69/month* (discounted from $39.99/month)|
|Cloud plan||From $100/month|
|Cloud hosting plans||/|
|Jump start plan||$100/month|
|Business plus plan||$300/month|
|Super power plan||$400/month|
SiteGround StartUp Plan
SiteGround’s StartUp web hosting package costs $3.99/month. It comes with numerous web hosting essentials, including:
- Free SSL certificate;
- Free CDN;
- Free professional email;
- Daily backup;
- Unlimited traffic;
- SuperCacher technology;
- Managed WordPress service;
- Powerful security; and
- Unlimited databases.
The StartUp web hosting plan allows you to add collaborators to your website so you can build and maintain it together. Unfortunately, this plan lets you host only one site and provides you with 10GB of webspace. That’s why it’s perfect for personal websites, landing pages, and simple blogs.
SiteGround GrowBig Plan
As its name suggests, the GrowBig web hosting plan is ideal for scaling up your online presence. For $6.69 a month, you’ll get:
- Web hosting for an unlimited number of sites;
- Unmetered traffic;
- 20GB of storage space;
- Free SSL certificate;
- Cloudflare CDN;
- Free custom domain-associated email;
- Daily backup;
- Web application firewall (WAF) and SiteGround’s AI anti-bot system for increased security;
- Free WooCommerce shopping cart installation;
- Free WordPress installation;
- SuperCacher technology; and
- The ability to add collaborators to your site.
SiteGround’s GrowBig web hosting package allows you to create up to 5 on-demand backup copies of your website and comes with 30% faster PHP.
Plus, it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, meaning you can use it for a month and receive a full refund if you’re not satisfied with the services. The downside is that this guarantee excludes new domain registration fees
GrowBig is the plan I recommend you sign up with. You can host multiple websites and you get PREMIUM server resources (resulting in a faster loading website) than the StartUp plan.
SiteGround GoGeek Plan
If you want to be able to host unlimited websites and have access to priority customer support supplied by SiteGround’s most experienced technicians, then the GoGeek web hosting plan might be exactly what you’re looking for.
For $10.69 per month, you’ll get everything in the GrowBig package and:
- 40GB of webspace;
- Staging tool and Git integration;
- The ability to give your clients while-label access to the websites you’re building for them; and
- More server resources than any other shared hosting plan (more simultaneous connections, higher process execution time, more CPU seconds, etc.).
The GoGeek package is for heavily-trafficked or resource-intensive websites. It comes with GEEKY (4x faster) servers than the StartUp hosting plans.
StartUp vs GrowBig vs GoGeek Comparison
Which plan should you get? That is what this section aims to help you find out …
The main difference between the plans is that with StartUp you can only host 1 website. GrowBig comes with more server resources (= faster loading website), you also receive priority support, 30 daily backups (instead of just 1 with StartUp), and dynamic caching (instead of just static caching with StartUp).
The GoGeek plan comes with 4 times more server resources and you can create a staging site. You also get premium website backup and restore services.
Want to know what the key differences are between the StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek hosting packages?
Here is a comparison of StartUp vs. GrowBig, and GrowBig vs. GoGeek.
SiteGround's StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek plans are all reasonably priced, but the more expensive plans include more server resources.
SiteGround StartUp vs GrowBig Review
All of SiteGround's hosting plans are reasonably priced, but the StartUp plan is the cheapest plan offered. This is the entry-level plan and it comes with the least resources and features. The StartUp package is I think best suitable for those who need to have only one website, such as a personal or small business website or blog.
One key difference between the StartUp and GrowBig plans is that with the former plan you are only allowed to host one website (with the GrowBig package you can host unlimited websites). If you intend to run multiple websites hosted on your one hosting account the StartUp plan should be a no-no.
In contrast, the GrowBig plan is better suited for small business website owners and bloggers using WordPress because you get 2x more server resources and a lot more advanced features compared to the StartUp plan.
GrowBig lets you host multiple websites, use the Supercacher static, dynamic, and Memcache caching technology (StartUp only offers static), and you get a free wildcard SSL certificate. Another feature the StartUp plan lacks is backup and restore functionality. The GrowBig plan comes with basic backup and restore services.
Another key difference is that with the StartUp plan you only get standard support, compared to GrowBig's premium support. So if you think you will need a bit of hand-holding from their friendly, fast and knowledgeable support team, then you should opt for the GrowBig package.
You should consider choosing GrowBig if:
- You want to host more than just one website on your hosting account
- You want 2x more server resources (i.e. a faster loading website)
- You want 30 daily backups instead of the one daily backup you get with StartUp
- You want premium support instead of the standard support that comes with StartUp
- You want 20 GB of web space instead of the 10 GB that comes with StartUp
- You want access to their basic backup and restore service
- You want static, dynamic and memcache caching instead of only static caching that comes with StartUp
- You want a free wildcard SSL certificate for the first year
- You want 30% faster PHP execution
SiteGround GrowBig vs GoGeek Review
One key difference between the GrowBig vs GoGeek is the extra server resources that only come with the latter. GoGeek comes with 4x more server resources and fewer users that share the server's resources. This means you get a fast-loading website when you opt for the GoGeek package.
Another difference between the plans is the additional “geeky” features you get only with the GoGeek plan. One such feature is site staging environments, which lets you copy your live site or test new code and designs before publishing changes on your live site. Another feature is Git, which comes preinstalled and lets you create repositories of your website.
Finally, GoGeek comes with their premium website backup and restore services to help safeguard your website.
You should consider choosing the GoGeek package if:
- You want 4x more server resources (i.e. a fast loading website) and fewer users that share the server resources
- You want staging environments so you copy your live site or test new code and design before publishing changes on your live site
- You want 40 GB of web storage instead of the 20 GB that comes with GrowBig
- You want pre-installed Git so you can create repositories of your website
- You want their premium backup and restore service, instead of the basic service that comes with GrowBig
Which hosting plan is best for you?
Now you know what SiteGround shared plans offer and you are now hopefully in a better position to choose the best shared hosting plans for your needs. Remember you can always upgrade to a higher plan later on.
Based on my own experience, here is my recommendation for you:
- I recommend that you sign up with the StartUp plan if you intend to run a simple static or HTML site.
- I recommend that you sign up with the GrowBig plan (this is the plan I'm using) if you intend to run a WordPress, Joomla or any CMS powered site.
- I recommend that you sign up with the GoGeek plan if you intend to run an ecommerce site or if you need WordPress/Joomla staging and Git features.
SiteGround WordPress, WooCommerce, Reseller & Cloud Hosting Plans
WordPress Hosting Plans
When it comes to hosting WordPress websites, SiteGround offers 3 plans: StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek. SiteGround’s managed WordPress hosting is fast, secure, and surprisingly simple to use. It’s recommended by WordPress.org, WooCommerce, and Yoast.
The StartUp package entitles you to host one WordPress website and comes with a free WordPress installation. This plan also allows you to install SiteGround’s WordPress Migrator plugin for free. For $3.99/month, your WordPress application will be up-to-date, you’ll have free SSL and HTTPS, free Cloudflare CDN, free domain-associated email addresses, and daily backups.
If you need to host more than one WordPress site, the GrowBig plan might be ideal for you. This WordPress hosting plan costs $6.69 a month and comes with a free website builder, 24/7 customer support, free email accounts, unlimited traffic, and free daily website copies. With the GrowBig package in place, you’ll be able to take advantage of SiteGround’s all-in-one WordPress security plugin and add collaborators to your account.
The GoGeek package costs $10.69 a month and lets you host multiple WordPress websites. In addition to all the essential and premium features its predecessor comes with, this plan also includes advanced priority customer care, one-click Git Repo creation, and the highest tier of server resources for excellent site speed.
WooCommerce Hosting Plans
SiteGround’s WooCommerce hosting packages are designed to help you launch an online store super-fast. They all come with pre-installed WooCommerce to save you some time and give you the chance to start uploading your products straight away. SiteGround doesn’t have any restrictions regarding the types of products or services you can sell online. These can be both physical and digital goods, product bundles, and members-only content.
SiteGround’s WooCommerce hosting features smart caching and performance enhancements such as CSS & HTML minifications, automatic image optimization, lazy image loading, and GZIP compression.
Additionally, SiteGround allows its WooCommerce hosting plan customers to increase their site speed by setting the optimal PHP version and using the recommended HTTPS settings.
Another awesome feature of SiteGround’s WooCommerce hosting is the one-click staging tool. It’s included in the GrowBig and GoGeek packages and lets you build your online shop in a safe environment by incorporating changes and updates into an exact working copy of your website. Once you’re sure the new changes won’t negatively impact your live website, you can push them live in one click.
Reseller Hosting Plans
SiteGround offers great reseller hosting plans as well. You can choose from 3 packages: GrowBig, GoGeek, and Cloud.
The GrowBig reseller plan is a solid option if you want to start selling web hosting services to individuals, businesses, and organizations that don’t need much storage space. The package comes with free WordPress installation and auto-updates, free SSL certificates, free CDN, the SuperCacher system, the convenient staging tool for WordPress sites, and enhanced security. For $6.69 a month, you’ll be able to host an unlimited number of websites and use the daily and on-demand backup services.
The GoGeek and Cloud reseller plans are quite an update from the previous offer. The GoGeek plan includes everything in the GrowBig package plus the ability to give your clients white-label access to the Site Tools section of the websites you’re creating for them and enjoy priority technical support. You’ll get all of this for $10.69 per month.
The Cloud package is the ultimate SiteGround reseller plan as it includes all the features in the GrowBig and GoGeek deals plus the possibility to customize your clients’ access to the Site Tools part of the website and build custom hosting packages for each website you create (specify the disk space, website traffic, number of databases, and other important resources). You’ll enjoy all this freedom and flexibility for a minimum of $100 a month.
Cloud Hosting Plans
If you need a cloud hosting package that can support your online growth, you’ll be glad to learn that SiteGround offers 4 different options: Jump Start, Business, Business Plus, and Super Power. Each of these plans includes an auto-scalable CPU and RAM option and a free dedicated IP for increased security.
The Jump Start cloud plan is the cheapest way to bring your business website to the next level if it’s outgrown shared hosting. For $100 a month, you’ll have 8GB of RAM memory and 40GB of SSD space at your disposal. Additionally, this package allows you to choose from multiple PHP versions and comes with MySQL & PostgreSQL, the Exim mail server, and the iptables firewall.
SiteGround’s Business cloud package costs $200 per month and includes 8 CPU cores, 12GB of RAM memory, and 80GB of SSD storage. The high number of CPU cores makes this plan ideal for websites that rely on scripts like PHP or use databases. The more CPU cores on your hosting account, the better your site performance.
The Business Plus cloud plan entitles you to 12 CPU cores, 16GB of RAM, and 120GB of SSD space. For $300 a month, you’ll also enjoy round-the-clock VIP customer support and have access to SiteGround’s WordPress staging and Git tools.
Finally, the Super Power bundle is the richest and, as a result, most expensive cloud hosting solution SiteGround offers. It costs $400 per month and includes powerful software features and exclusive services like direct SSH access to your cloud account, advanced priority support supplied by SiteGround’s top-rated agents, and the possibility to set the most suitable PHP version for your website.
Is SiteGround Worth the Money?
Absolutely! SiteGround provides all the web hosting essentials, including free SSL security, free CDN, free professional email addresses, integrated caching, and super-fast customer support. Plus, websites hosted on the SiteGround platform are functional practically all the time thanks to the high reliability and server uptime it delivers.
What is SiteGround?
SiteGround is a web hosting company that offers a range of services, from shared hosting, cloud hosting, WordPress and WooCommerce hosting, and reseller hosting. SiteGround was founded in 2004 and the company is independently owned (SiteGround is NOT owned by EIG) and its headquarters are located in Sofia, in Bulgaria. They have an A+ rating from BBB. The official website is www.siteground.com. Read more on their Wikipedia page.
Is SiteGround Good for Beginners?
100% yes! SiteGround’s dashboard is easy to use and intuitive, meaning you don’t have to be a tech expert to learn to navigate around the platform. Plus, SiteGround has tons of support content in the form of how-to tutorials and articles. If nothing else helps, you can always reach out to SiteGround’s reliable and friendly customer support team.
How Reliable Is SiteGround?
SiteGround is quite possibly the best web host at the moment and for many good reasons. One of them is its high reliability and uptime. SiteGround provides its users with a 99.9% uptime guarantee, which is the case with most of its fiercest competitors as well.
Is SiteGround Fast?
Yes, it is. SiteGround operates on Google Cloud, meaning it uses Google’s exceptionally fast SSDs. What’s more, SiteGround constantly improves its hardware and software to ensure a high level of site speed. Some of the best “speed” technologies SiteGround uses are the SuperCacher system, the Cloudflare CDN, and the Brotli compression mechanism.
Does SiteGround Offer SSL and CDN?
Yes. All plans include a free SSL certificate. The StartUp package includes a free Let's Encrypt SSL, while the GrowBig and GoGeek plan comes with a free Wildcard SSL certificate. Free CDN from Cloudflare is also included with all plans.
How Much Does SiteGround Cost?
SiteGround offers three web hosting plans, the cheapest plan StartUp is $3.99/month, GrowBig is $6.69 per month and GoGeek is $10.69 per month. They also have plans for WordPress, WooCommerce, Reseller, and Cloud Hosting.
Does SiteGround Have WordPress Hosting?
Yes. All plans come with fully managed hosting which means automatic WordPress core updates and patching, automatic WordPress installation on account set up, features such as the SuperCacher caching plugin, site staging, and 100% free site transfer service. On top of that. They have been voted the #1 WordPress host now (polls by WPHosting Facebook Group). And it is well recognized for use in different countries locally, like Australia and in the United Kingdom.
Does SiteGround Have Cloud Hosting?
Yes, it does. SiteGround offers 4 different cloud hosting bundles: Jump Start, Business, Business Plus, and Super Power. Each SiteGround dedicated server user has access to multiple valuable features and tools, including the Cloudflare CDN integration, the WordPress and Joomla auto-updaters, the WordPress and Joomla staging environment, and the SuperCacher technology.
Does SiteGround Have a Money-Back Guarantee?
Yes. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can cancel your service within the first 30 days and you will receive a full refund. The money refund guarantee does not cover domain names, cloud hosting, or dedicated server hosting.
What Payment Methods Does SiteGround Accept?
They accept payment via credit cards like Visa and MasterCard, and you can even pay via PayPal (however you'll need to reach out to support to obtain the PayPal payment link). Payments can be made for one, two, or three years in advance. You can also pay on a monthly basis, however, paying monthly incurs a setup fee.
Does SiteGround Offer Free Website Migration?
Yes but only for WordPress sites using their Migrator Plugin. For non-WordPress websites or if you want professional help then their site migration service costs $30 per site and includes all types of websites, including WordPress and Joomla powered websites hosted elsewhere. You submit your site migration request in your Customer Area. If you need additional help, they provide great support 24/7 to get your site up and running quickly.
How Do I Contact SiteGround's Support?
If you run into any trouble with your website or need billing or account assistance, you can contact them 24/7. They provide new account onboarding help for first-time users, free website transfers, and ongoing assistance at any time via email or tickets (10 min reply time), live chat (instant reply time), or phone (instant reply time). Their phone numbers are 1.866.605.2484 (US), 44.800.8620379 (UK), 61.1800.357221 (AU), 34.900.838.543 (Spain), or 1.800.828.9231 (rest of the world).
Are SiteGround Reviews on Reddit and Quora Trustworthy?
Yes, Quora and Reddit are both good places to read user reviews from real people and customers about them. You can find good SiteGround reviews on Reddit, and on Quora. You can also read reviews on Yelp and TrustPilot.
What Are the Best SiteGround Alternatives?
SiteGround is a web hosting company I recommend. But if you are researching web hosts (which I recommend you do) and are looking for good alternatives to SiteGround, then here is my list of competitors. I believe that the best alternatives to SiteGround are A2 Hosting (pretty much identical features but offers somewhat faster/better server speed technologies) and DreamHost (again pretty much the same features but comes with a free domain name and a 97-day refund policy). Bluehost is also an obvious SiteGround alternative, Bluehost review here. I have also compared SiteGround vs Bluehost here.
Where Can I Find a SiteGround Coupon Code?
You won't find one because they don't have the option to enter a promo code. So if you found a SiteGround coupon code online, then it's a fake one. However, they run various promotions (usually during major holidays like Black Friday) as that's the only time when they offer promos and discounted prices.
SiteGround Review 2022 – Summary
So .. Do I recommend them? Yes – I highly recommend SiteGround.
With its impressive server uptime, reliable and friendly customer care experts, and flexible range of plans, it’s safe to say that SiteGround is one of the best shared hosting providers right now.
Regardless of whether you run a professional blog, have an online store, or are looking for a solid hosting option for your large corporate site, SiteGround has got you covered.
I just hope the folks in charge of the platform will include a free custom domain in at least some of the plans and thus eliminate one of its greatest weaknesses.
I migrated to SiteGround a couple of years ago and have been very happy with what they provide. Their service is outstanding. I have never had to wait for more than a few seconds to talk to someone on chat or the phone. They go the extra mile to help solve my issues. I am not very up on the technology, but they always speak respectfully and kindly help me with any issues I am having on my site. I am quite sure much of it does not even fall under their responsibility, but they do it anyway! In these days of generally poor customer service, this company is outstanding!
Great Customer Service
I've inherited a website and email hosting duties from someone much more tech savvy than myself. I have to ask a lot of questions. The live chat has never let me down. I hope to pass this task of to someone who knows what they're doing one day, but I'm much more comfortable than I thought I'd be because the tutorials are easy to follow and the live chat has never let me down.
Good individual support, but online support system is very poor
Martin V tried hard but could have been more specific in some of his requests, such as for a screenshot (of what?). Overall I think he was fairly good, though it ended up taking about an hour for me to find a way to report a down website. Eventually, he recommended trying a different browser (Edge), which finally worked and allowed me to start a new chat. Apparently, your system wouldn’t work for me with Chrome, even though I had cleared cache earlier in the afternoon. Essentially I think Martin was fairly good, but your system failed miserably. I’ve had a LOT of problems with your support system after you made it so difficult to call support a few months ago. It’s extremely non-intuitive, and even your online instructions are not very good. Even then, a client shouldn’t have to locate and read instructions on how to contact Support or especially in order to report a website as down. Your company does quite a good job with a lot of things, but your competitors are FAR better in this particular aspect of support – figuring out how to contact your support team. Very frustrating and a BIG waste of my time.
Another great customer support experience
I really, really like this host. Even though what I wanted wasn't available/possible, I got a good workaround solution that will work just as well as my original idea. Have been with Siteground 15 years, highly recommended. Absolutely the best value around for managed WordPress hosting, and that's before the first year discounts.
Amazing Services and Fast and Friendly Support!!!
Amazing Services and Fast and Friendly Support!!! I am happy about the services I've got at this price! The support is Friendly and really fast. They understand everything and are really Technical! Amazing job Site Ground, keep up doing great job!
- SiteGround was founded in 2004 and its headquarters are located in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- They offer a range of hosting services; from shared hosting, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, , to reseller hosting.
- All plans come with fully managed hosting.
- Is an official partner of WordPress.org
- Free SSD drives come included on all shared hosting plans.
- Servers are powered by Google Cloud, Ultrafast PHP, PHP7, HTTP/2 and NGINX + caching
- All customers get a free SSL certificate (Let's Encrypt) and Cloudflare CDN.
- There's a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Official website: www.siteground.com
Now let's dive into the review…
- 10/01/2022 – Major update – information, testing and pricing overhauled
- 10/12/2021 – Small update
- 22/06/2021 – SiteGround preinstalls a Security Plugin (login protection, block PHP files in certain directories, activity log, post hack action + more)
- 31/05/2021 – Discounted summer prices for starter plans
- 19/05/2021 – Allows unlimited sites with GrowBig and GoGeek plans
- 14/04/2021 – SiteGround changed allowance for addon sites
- 01/01/2021 – SiteGround pricing update
- 25/11/2020 – One-click Elementor installation
- 15/09/2020 – Ultrafast PHP feature added
- 01/07/2020 – No longer offering free website migrations
- 18/06/2020 – SiteGround price increase
- 12/05/2020 – GoGeek comes with 40 GB of storage
- 04/05/2020 – New server locations: Sydney, Australia, and Frankfurt, Germany
- 12/02/2020 – SiteGround moving to Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- 20/01/2020 – Backup options and new control panel dashboard