Imagine, for one moment – what would it be like if you were paid just to listen to music? Sounds too good to be true, well it is! The world needs more people who love listening and exploring new music, and there are plenty of places out there that offer that, which makes this a pretty good side hustle!
Do you love music? Do the newest songs make your heart ache or feet dance with joy? You get paid to share your opinion about each song so that artists can improve their craft, and you don’t even need to be a music expert/producer to give feedback.
Instead of paying for your iTunes or Google Music subscription, you get paid to listen to music/radio!
Pros of getting paid to listen to music
- You just have to listen to music!
- Most sites don’t require a signup fee.
- Can be done in the background, maybe another side hustle? 😉
- Get paid to listen to music!
- Exploring new genres and artists.
- Good pathway to start if you’re an aspiring musician.
Cons of getting paid to listen to music
- Limited to people in certain countries only (USA/Canada/UK).
- Some genres might not be your favourite.
- Don’t expect to get a lot of money from this.
- Some sites have a payment threshold before you can cash out.
- You might need to have a platform to share your thoughts. (Spotify/Youtube/Soundcloud subscription).
Here are 4 top tips and tricks to help you when getting paid to listen to music
- Make sure you use sites that pay well (see list below) as some websites offer very little payment.
- This is a pretty good side-side hustle, so pair this with other side hustles to get extra income!
- For some sites you need to have followers, here are some good places to help you boost your follower count: Soundplate.com and Playlists.net
- Try switching between speakers and headphones if possible, prolonged usage of headphones might damage your hearing.
Listening to music earning potential
If you’re looking for an easy way to make money while doing literally nothing more than listening, this side hustle is worth checking out. You can expect $5 to $50 per week, which isn't bad considering how easy it is.
It might not sound like much, but it all adds up to around $200 – $2400 a year, which might help pay some bills or even all your entertainment subscriptions.
Sites to use to get paid listening to music
- Unique Rewards: Get Paid to Surveys
- Slice The Pie
- Current – Get Paid to Play Music
My list of the best side hustle ideas for 2022 that'll make you extra income
- Become a freelance writer
- Get paid searching the Internet
- Do retail arbitrage online
- Become a Fiverr freelancer
- Become a social media moderator
- Become a tasker
- Become a virtual assistant
- Become a website & app tester
- Get paid listening to music
- Earn money on Reddit
- Create online courses
- Get paid using apps
- Publish articles on Vocal
- Get paid to give expert answers
- Peer-to-peer renting sites
- Join marketing focus & research groups
- Become a "micro" tasker
- Join research studies on Respondent
- Become a voiceover actor
- Become a transcriber
- Do paid surveys online
- Join WFH Facebook Groups
- Become a customer service representative
- Become a mystery shopper
- Become a resume writer
- Start a blog
- All side hustle ideas >>