Welcome to Website Rating! Our sole purpose is to help you build, expand, scale, and monetize your online business without spending weeks researching the best tools and services. We have done that for you!
Why should you trust us? Simply put – we can relate to what you are going through, as it’s not our first rodeo. Also, the fact that you are reading this text already proves that we know what we are doing.
WebsiteRating.com is a 100% free online resource, and our goal is to help individuals and small businesses launch, run, and grow their businesses online using the right online tools and services. See our editorial policy & commitment.
Our Business Model
Our website is reader-supported and we monetize it by using affiliate links. If you decide to buy a service or product through the links on this site, we may earn a commission. See our affiliate link disclosure.
– Rick (TrustPilot)
There is a lot of information about specific software and services on the Internet, and it’s hard to sift through the noise to find the details that apply to you. I found Website Rating helpful for anyone wanting to get detailed information about the top online tools. Website Rating reviews the leading software and services from many angles to help you decide which ones best fit your needs.
– Jeff (TrustPilot)
I really like their reviews, the in-depth information they provide and they way they do reviews in general! The reviews are unbiased and often very honest and I really like that they disclose the (affiliate) partnership they have with most of the companies they review.
– MG (TrustPilot)
Best resource for finding great web hosting deals! This is the best resource for finding great deals on web hosting. They also post lots of tutorials on building and growing a website.
Who Are We?
Let’s get personal. Mathias Ahlgren is the founder and owner of Website Rating. He’s the brain of the operation, and his experience alone speaks louder than any words. Go here for all the details, or enjoy the short version:
- 20 years ago, Matt followed the love of his life from Sweden all the way to the Sunshine Coast, in Queensland, Australia. Two daughters and a border collie later, it’s still the best decision of his life!
- Matt acquired his master’s degree in information science and management at Uppsala University almost 20 years ago. This unshakable foundation was the key to Matt’s further career;
- During his university studies, one assignment was building websites. Back then, it was html/php/css and later CMS like WordPress to code and develop websites. No one visited the websites, which led him into a career in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Over the last 15 years, Matt sharpened his search engine optimization (SEO), digital marketing, web development, and management skills by working with the biggest brands in Australia, including Australia Post, Myer, and Jetstar;
- He has a keen interest in website security, which made him obtain a certificate of higher education in Cyber Security.
- Matt is flexible, goal-orientated, objective, and, most importantly, honest. These core values follow him in every step of his life.
Mathias Ahlgren is the CEO and founder of Website Rating, steering a global team of editors and writers. He holds a master’s in information science and management from Stockholm. His career pivoted to SEO after early web development experiences during university. With over 15 years in SEO, digital marketing, and web development, Matt has worked with top Australian brands. His focus also includes website security, evidenced by a certificate in Cyber Security. This diverse expertise underpins his leadership at Website Rating.
Here’s a complete list of Matt’s active certifications and exams.
- Google Digital Garage – Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Google Analytics for Power Users Certificate of Completion
- Google Tag Manager Fundamentals Certificate of Completion
- Getting Started With Google Analytics 360 Certificate of Completion
- Introduction to Data Studio Certificate of Completion
- Google Analytics for Beginners Certificate of Completion
- Advanced Google Analytics Certificate of Completion
- Google Ads – Measurement Certification
- Google Ads Apps Certification
- Google Ads Creative Certification
- Google Ads Display Certification
- Google Ads Search Certification
- Google Ads Video Certification
- Grow Offline Sales Certification
- Mobile Experience Certification Exam
- Search Ads 360 Certification Exam
- Shopping Ads Certification
- Waze Ads Fundamentals
- YouTube Music Certification
- YouTube Music Rights Management Certification
- Asset Monetization Assessment
- Campaign Manager 360 Certification Exam
- Content Ownership Assessment
- Creative Certification Exam
- Display & Video 360 Certification Exam
- Content Marketing Certification
- Digital Advertising Certification
- Digital Marketing Certification
- Email Marketing Certification
- Frictionless Sales Certification
- Growth-Driven Design Certification
- Inbound Certification
- Inbound Marketing Certification
- Revenue Operations Certification
- Sales Enablement Certification
- Sales Management Certification
- SEO Certification
- Social Media Certification
Browse all of Matt’s HubSpot certifications here.
Meet The Team
Mohit is the Managing Editor at Website Rating, leveraging his expertise in digital platforms and lifestyles. His work primarily revolves around topics like website builders, WordPress, and the digital nomad lifestyle, providing readers with insightful and practical guidance in these areas.
Lindsay is the Chief Editor at Website Rating, and plays a pivotal role in shaping the site’s content. She leads a dedicated team of editors and technical writers, focusing on areas such as productivity, online learning, and AI writing. Her expertise ensures the delivery of insightful and authoritative content in these evolving fields.
Ibad is a technical writer at Website Rating and has worked at Cloudways and Convesio specializes in web hosting. His articles focus on educating readers about WordPress hosting and VPS, offering in-depth insights and analysis in these technical areas. His work aims to guide users through the complexities of web hosting solutions.
Ahsan is a writer at Website Rating and covers a broad spectrum of modern technology topics. His articles delve into SaaS, digital marketing, SEO, cybersecurity, and emerging technologies, offering readers comprehensive insights and updates on these rapidly evolving fields.
Shimon is a seasoned cybersecurity professional and published author of “Cybersecurity Law: Protect Yourself and Your Customers”, and a writer at Website Rating, primarily focusing on topics related to cloud storage and backup solutions. His expertise extends to VPNs and password managers, where he offers valuable insights and thorough research to guide readers through these essential cybersecurity tools.
Nathan is the founder and CEO of StationX with a remarkable 25 years in cybersecurity, contributing his vast knowledge to Website Rating as a writer. His focus encompasses a wide range of topics, including cybersecurity, VPNs, password managers, and antivirus and antimalware solutions, offering readers expert insights into these essential areas of digital security.
About Website Rating
You already met the team, but what is Website Rating?
This website was born when Matt quit his 9-to-5 job and pursued his dream to help others on their online business journey. How does it work?
- We choose the most accomplished and renowned web services and tools;
- We carefully review them so that you wouldn’t have to;
- And, of course, we rate them based on various criteria, such as price, relevancy, security, speed, accessibility, and features;
- We are experienced, non-bias, honest, critical, and demanding pedants, so no stone will be unturned.
- A few websites that already noticed our worth and talk about us: AOL, Yahoo, GoDaddy, HostGator, Nasdaq, Shopify, Canva, WSJ.
All you have to do is read our reviews and pick the best tools or services which will help you start, maintain, expand, and optimize your business! Is it easy? Well, it takes a while for us to review every product, so all the reviews are extremely detailed and thorough.
There are still a few questions left. Do we have values? We surely hope so:
- No fluff. We have no intention of sugarcoating terrible products, but we give credit where credit is due.
- Precision. We check every single feature, detail, word, and clause of every single tool and service. And we do it ourselves.
- Objectivity. Nobody can buy us. We love money, but we love providing honest and true information even more.
- Professionalism. We don’t like life coaches without any life experience. Our team consists of successful individuals who understand the industry and have the experience to back it up.
- Honesty. We always tell the truth. Don’t you believe us? Well, here we go then:
How is Website Rating Funded?
This website is supported by our readers like yourself! If we help you find a service or product that you like, and you choose to sign up with them via our link, then we get paid a commission. Read our affiliate disclosure page here.
Find out what affiliate marketing is, and how it works on the FTC.gov website here.
Why do we do this?
We’re running a business. That’s the honest truth. Also, we hate intrusive banner advertisements, so we will never put them on our website. You are welcome!
Does this affiliate relationship impact the ratings and reviews?
No. Never. As we have mentioned before – brands can’t pay us to review them. All the reviews and ratings are honest and based on our experience.
Why are we disclosing this?
Firstly, there’s nothing to hide. Secondly, we believe in transparency on the internet and want to encourage all individuals and businesses to follow the lead.
Does this mean you have to pay more?
Not at all. We put our readers first, so we always negotiate the best deals and discounts for people who use our affiliates. It’s a win-win-win!
Why would companies want to take a risk to get bad ratings?
Companies with terrible products are never going to get reviewed. We stay away from them! As for the rest, we provide critical, up-to-date, and constructive feedback, which can be used to upgrade current products and services.
Website Rating Mission
To create free resources that help individuals and small businesses easily connect to the most suitable tools and services, avoiding traps and misunderstandings along the way.
To give you honest, unbiased, fluff-free information to help you find the best online tools for your situation so that you can build, run and expand your online business!
Charities We Support
As a small business, we understand the importance of funding. That is why we like to help people in developing countries finance their small business ideas. We believe the best way to do this is through Kiva.org.
Small businesses in developing countries face enormous challenges, so we feel responsible for helping them. Kiva is a non-profit organization that enables people to finance low-income entrepreneurs and students in 77 countries across the globe.
We actively support victims of domestic violence and family abuse through Givit, an Australian not-for-profit organization connecting those who have with those who need. As a family-orientated small business, we would do everything we can to help eradicate violence and help people overcome tough times.