If you’re a subject matter expert in your field, you can get paid to be an expert. Sites like JustAnswer and PrestoExperts will pay you for providing expert answers on subjects from personal finance and pets to gardening, however, you’ll need to provide evidence to support your area of expertise.
If you are an expert in your field then answering questions can be an easy way to make money online. On sites like JustAnswer and PrestoExperts users submit questions and experts get paid to answer them.
When a user posts a question they want to be answered, they also assign a fee to get it answered from a professional, and when an expert (like you) answers the question he or she get paid a percentage of that fee.
Pros of offering expert answers
- Free to join.
- You are your own boss.
- You get to help out real people and the questions they have.
- No fixed hours, you work when you want and as often as you want.
- You get paid regularly every month with PayPal or Payoneer.
- You get to choose the questions you want to answer.
Cons of offering expert answers
- There may be times where there are not a lot of questions you are able to answer.
- The sign up process involves background checks and verification of documents or certifications.
- If your answer is not accepted then you won’t get paid, even though you took the time to answer the question.
- The approval process should take only up to 2 weeks, but can infact take between 3-4 weeks.
Here are 4 top tips and tricks to help you get paid to be an expert
- Be as detailed and accurate as you can be with your expert answers to get the most chance of getting it approved (and paid).
- Invest time in building up your profile with expert answers, this way you increase your chances of being selected again.
- Don’t pretend to be an expert and don’t fake it, it’s just to worth the time and you will miss out on getting paid.
JustAnswer & PrestoExperts earning potential
Once you have created your profile, is verified, and are up and running, this can be a pretty lucrative side hustle.
On JustAnswer, you can expect to earn between $20 and $50+ per question you answer, and on PrestoExperts, you can earn upwards of $2 per minute.
According to JustAnswer, experts on their website make from $2,000 to $7,000 per month by answering questions in their field of expertise.
Sites to use that pay you to answer questions online
My list of the best side hustle ideas for 2023 that'll make you extra income
- Become a freelance writer
- Get paid searching the Internet
- Do retail arbitrage online
- Become a Fiverr freelancer
- Become a social media moderator
- Become a tasker
- Become a virtual assistant
- Become a website & app tester
- Get paid listening to music
- Earn money on Reddit
- Create online courses
- Get paid using apps
- Publish articles on Vocal
- Get paid to give expert answers
- Peer-to-peer renting sites
- Join marketing focus & research groups
- Become a "micro" tasker
- Join research studies on Respondent
- Become a voiceover actor
- Become a transcriber
- Do paid surveys online
- Join WFH Facebook Groups
- Become a customer service representative
- Become a mystery shopper
- Become a resume writer
- Start a blog
- All side hustle ideas >>