Vocal is a platform of 700,000+ social media creators that share stories and earn money. The earnings are passive-you don't get paid for the initial writing of your article but instead based on how well it performs on Vocal's site – a different approach to making cash compared with other platforms we have mentioned in this chapter so far!
Vocal is an easy-to-use platform that allows you to share your articles and creatives from all walks of life, from writers to filmmakers, musicians, and artists! You get paid for the amount of engagement, and you can also get extra tips from readers if they really like what you’ve published. You can publish articles talking about absolutely anything and everything, including:
- Food and drink
- Travel and holidays
- Politics and current events
- Science and technology
- Arts and culture
- Business and entrepreneurship
- Health and fitness
There are 2 versions of Vocal available, a free version and a paid version (Vocal+). It’s absolutely fine to start with the free version, and if you love it you can upgrade to the paid version of it later on.
Pros of publishing on Vocal
- Easy to get views and engagement if the topic you write about is interesting.
- Potential to earn tips.
- Affiliate links are allowed (for those that already own a website).
- Vocal encourages new users to try their website.
Cons of publishing on Vocal
- Content cannot be edited once published (to avoid manipulation).
- You need to pay for a membership if you’re earning a fair bit.
- Free version will take a higher cut from your earnings compared to the paid version.
- It takes time before you can cash out (roughly 10,000 views before you can take money out)
- Content has to be unique and not duplicate. (You cannot copy and paste)
Here are 4 top tips and tricks to help you when publishing on Vocal
- Do your research to find the perfect topic to write about (Use apps like Google Trends/Answer The Public/BuzzSumo).
- Ensure that your content is engaging and always remember that QUALITY content is king. People don’t want to read boring and repetitive articles that have already been published.
- Make sure that your profile is always up to date and post regularly if you can. This will get you a following/fanbase.
- Write about things that are relatable/educational. Titles such as “Tips and tricks” and “How to” articles generally attract readers.
Vocal earning potential
First and foremost, the earning potential for Vocal will vary depending on the plan you have.
The paid version of Vocal costs $9.99/month or $99/year, however, you can cash out at $20 and earn $6 per 1000 views, compared to the free version which only allows cashing out at $35 and gives you $3.80 per 1000 views.
Don’t forget that you can also get tipped if people liked your article, so the income potential will vary on how much people love your writing.
There are also competitions on the site that offer prizes up to $1000, so it’s definitely worth checking out if you love writing.
Site to use
My list of the best side hustle ideas for 2022 that'll make you extra income
- Become a freelance writer
- Get paid searching the Internet
- Do retail arbitrage online
- Become a Fiverr freelancer
- Become a social media moderator
- Become a tasker
- Become a virtual assistant
- Become a website & app tester
- Get paid listening to music
- Earn money on Reddit
- Create online courses
- Get paid using apps
- Publish articles on Vocal
- Get paid to give expert answers
- Peer-to-peer renting sites
- Join marketing focus & research groups
- Become a "micro" tasker
- Join research studies on Respondent
- Become a voiceover actor
- Become a transcriber
- Do paid surveys online
- Join WFH Facebook Groups
- Become a customer service representative
- Become a mystery shopper
- Become a resume writer
- Start a blog
- All side hustle ideas >>