Mailchimp is known for its drag-and-drop email composer, intuitive interface, and strong brand. But there are a bunch of really good Mailchimp alternatives ⇣ out there.
From $25 per month
Get unlimited contacts and no daily sending limit
Mailchimp is a leader in the email marketing software (EMS) space and is used by hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. They started in 2001 and have become one of the most popular email marketing platforms on the Internet.
- Best overall Mailchimp competitor: Sendinblue ⇣ comes with more and better features. Sendinblue is an all-in-one marketing automation platform to help you grow your business via email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more.
- Runner-up, Best overall: GetResponse ⇣ is the best-in-class solution for automating your content marketing funnel. Comes with landing page builders, webinars, autoresponders, and everything else you need to automate your email marketing.
- Best value for money option: EngageBay ⇣ is the ideal value for money option for startups and small businesses looking for email marketing, SMS marketing, and social suite all in one place.
Best Mailchimp alternatives in 2022 (Better Features & Cheaper to Use)
Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing services out there, but there are Mailchimp competitors that offer more/better features, and/or are cheaper to use.
Get unlimited contacts and no daily sending limit
From $25 per month
Whether you are looking for a Mailchimp alternative or something even better or cheaper, this list of Mailchimp competitors has you covered.
1. Sendinblue (Winner: Best Mailchimp competitor)
- Official website: www.sendinblue.com
- Leading all-in-one marketing platform (marketing automation, email campaigns, transactional emails, landing pages, SMS messages, Facebook ads and retargeting)
- Charges based on emails sent per month.
- The only platform on the list that also allows you to send SMS to your customer.
In my opinion, you would be very hard-pressed to find a better all-around email marketing tool than Sendinblue.
It features all of the expected email marketing tools (along with a few others on top), advanced SMS marketing, transactional email, a landing page builder, and much, much more.
On top of this, there's a beginner-friendly drag-and-drop editor, which you can use to create attractive, actionable emails.
And what's more, Sendinblue charges based on the number of emails you send, which is a nice change from the subscriber-based payment models most email marketing tools use.
- An excellent all-in-one marketing option
- Email-based subscription system
- Great for beginners
- Somewhat limited automation tools
- Editor lacks some design flexibility
- Few third-party integrations
Sendinblue Plans and Pricing:
Unlike most email marketing tools, Sendinblue bases its prices on the number of emails you send per month. All plans support unlimited contacts.
With a free subscription, you will be able to send up to 300 messages per day.
Premium plans start from $25 per month for 10,000 emails per month, and there are custom solutions available for high-end users.
Why Use Sendinblue instead of Mailchimp
If you wish to pay based on the number of emails you send every month, then SendInBlue is one of your only options. Sendinblue's free plan lets you send 300 emails/day.
Sendinblue, unlike Mailchimp which charges based on how many subscribers you have, Sendinblue charges only for the emails you send. Mailchimp charges even for inactive subscribers.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of Sendinblue
Mailchimp is better suited for people who are just starting out, and for those who don't need marketing automation capabilities.
2. GetResponse (Best All-in-One Mailchimp competitor)
- Official website: www.getresponse.com
- An all-in-one solution to automating your content marketing funnel.
- Offers a landing page builder, webinars platform, autoresponders, and everything else you need to completely automate your marketing.
If you're looking for more powerful automation options than those Mailchimp offers, GetResponse could be the perfect choice.
In short, it comes with tools to help you streamline daily workflows and automate much of the email marketing process.
And, there are numerous attractive templates, an easy-to-use editor, great deliverability, conversion funnels, a landing page builder, and more.
Really, GetResponse provides the complete package when it comes to the tools you need to build high-quality, converting marketing funnels.
- Great selection of additional tools
- Powerful marketing automation features
- Leading email deliverability
- See my GetResponse review for more details
- Email builder is a little limited
- No automation tools with cheap plans
- Can be confusing for beginners
GetResponse's cheapest Basic plan starts from $15 per month for up to 1000 contacts, but you will need to upgrade if your list is larger than this.
Get additional tools with a Plus (from $49 per month) or Professional (from $99 per month) subscription.
There are also significant discounts available with one (-18%) and two (-30%) year subscriptions, along with a 30-day free trial for all plans.
Why Use GetResponse instead of Mailchimp
If you want a platform that can help you automate almost all aspects of your marketing funnel, then GetResponse is the way to go.
They offer everything you need to build a complete marketing funnel including a Landing Page Builder, Webinars Hosting Platform, Automation Tools, and much more.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of GetResponse
If you are just starting out and need a simple platform to manage your Email Marketing, then Mailchimp is the way to go.
Mailchimp offers much fewer features than GetResponse, which makes it much easier to learn and use.
3. EngageBay (Best value for money alternative to Mailchimp)
- Official website: www.engagebay.com
- Best for startups, small and growing businesses, & agencies
- All-round solution for email marketing automation, landing page builder, SMS marketing, Telephony, and sales pipeline management
- Social media monitoring, third-party integrations with popular apps like Mandrill, Sendgrid, Xero, Zapier and Pabbly Connect
EngageBay is a hot new product on the market, and is worth notice.
Here’s a strong all-in-one CRM solution that can automate anything from email drip campaigns and A/B testing of landing pages to customer service task management.
Custom reporting, 360-degree contact (or lead) management, and thousands of branded emails for very little cost, and you can see why this software has a high uptake.
The platform makes it easy to design and track SMS campaigns or reach customers via Live Chat and in-app calling. There’s also a feature to get call scripts in the advanced packages.
EngageBay offers great value for money in this space. The product comes with plenty of email templates, personalization, and automation features, and even integrated sales and CRM Bays. What it can add is integrations with more third-party business apps.
- Powerful, simple all-in-one email marketing solution
- No learning curve, easy to begin with
- World-class user support, 24/7 response
- Intuitive drag-and-drop builder for automations
- Integrations library isn’t exhaustive
- Can add more advanced features
- More B2B email templates needed
EngageBay Plans and Pricing:
EngageBay offers a free-forever plan, with the limit set at 15 users, which is the highest offered by any software.
For Basic plan with lead scoring, landing page builder, and even SMS marketing, you can start at $7.79 per user per month with a biennial subscription, or pay $12.99 monthly.
Pro users pay $49.99 monthly and there’s 20% off on annual subscription, 40% off on biennial. This plan offers website and social media analytics, a dedicated account manager, uptime SLA, and telephone support.
There’s also coding support for landing pages, and your own custom domain.
Why EngageBay is better than Mailchimp
For startups and small businesses looking for email marketing, SMS marketing, and social suite all in one place, this can be a great Mailchimp alternative.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of EngageBay
If you’re looking to scale from a medium-sized business, you may find EngageBay’s email templates library and integrations library a tad less equipped than your requirement. In that case, Mailchimp makes more sense.
4. Aweber (Best Beginner-friendly option)
- Official website: www.aweber.com
- Older than Mailchimp; has been in business since 1998.
- Easiest platform for automating your marketing funnel.
- Is the most popular alternative for small to medium sized businesses.
AWeber is my number-one choice for beginners, and for good reason. It's extremely easy to use, and yet it doesn't skimp on advanced tools and features.
For one, it comes with complete marketing automation tools.
Take advantage of these to create converting email funnels, and ensure a maximum number of people read your messages with the platform's leading deliverability rates.
- Excellent deliverability
- Very beginner-friendly
- Full email funnel creation tools
- The email templates could be better
- Quite expensive compared to other Aweber alternatives
AWeber Plans and Pricing:
There are two different options available. AWeber's free plan supports up to 500 subscribers and 3000 email sends per month but lacks some optimization and other features.
A Pro subscription will cost you anything from $19 upwards depending on the size of your list. A 14.9% discount is available with annual payments.
Why Aweber is better than Mailchimp
Aweber specializes in email deliverability and offers one of the highest email deliverability rates on the market. They offer a complete solution for automating your email funnel.
Unlike Mailchimp, Aweber is built with automation in mind.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of Aweber
Unlike Mailchimp, Aweber doesn't offer a free plan but they do offer a generous 30-day free trial.
If you have never used an Email Marketing platform before and just want to test the waters, go with Mailchimp's free plan.
5. Constant Contact
- Official website: www.constantcontact.com
- Aimed at small businesses, nonprofits and individuals.
- Best email marketing software for managing events, user registrations and selling tickets.
- All-in-one email marketing, ecommerce, website builder and social marketing platform.
Constant Contact is one of my ultimate favorite email marketing platforms for a few reasons.
For one, it's a great option for small business users looking to grow their online presence.
Benefit from powerful analytics, a very beginner-friendly management dashboard, and a suite of other tools.
And what's more, it comes with a range of features designed for those selling tickets, managing events, and performing any similar actions.
Constant Contact offers a great mix of functionality and usability. The platform is easy to set up and is excellent for its contact management capabilities, but it’s falling behind in areas such as segmentation and available templates to use.
Constant Contact Pros:
- Excellent all-in-one email marketing platform
- A great option for beginners
- Leading customer service
Constant Contact Cons:
- Some advanced features are missing
- Value for money isn't great
- Segmentation tools could be better
- Check out the best Constant Contact alternatives
Constant Contact Plans and Pricing:
Although it doesn't have a free forever email marketing plan, Constant Contact's 60-day free trial stands out as excellent.
Premium plans start from $20 per month, with prices increasing if you need more advanced features or if you have a larger contact list.
Custom Pro solutions are also available for high-end users.
Why Constant Contact is better than Mailchimp
If you need phone support and more comprehensive customer support, Constant Contact is the better choice of email marketing platform to use.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of Constant Contact
Mailchimp has millions of users worldwide and offers an easy-to-use email editor and great features. Mailchimp is easier to use, has more advanced features, templates and integrations compared to Constant Contact.
- Official website: www.omnisend.com
- Best for ecommerce and omnichannel marketing automation.
- Integrates with email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, web push notifications, more.
- If you are on Shopify then Omnisend is your best option after Mailchimp announced their withdrawal from Shopify.
If you're looking for a powerful Mailchimp alternative for ecommerce email marketing, I would highly recommend giving Omnisend a try.
It provides a selection of powerful, multi-channel marketing tools with a focus on more advanced users, including excellent workflow automation features.
Apart from this, the intuitive drag-and-drop editor is a standout, as are the subscriber-capture tools designed to help you grow your mailing list.
- Excellent automation tools
- A great option for ecommerce
- Powerful integrations with various platforms
- Could be too advanced for absolute beginners
- Limited template library
- Deliverability can be an issue
Omnisend Plans and Pricing:
Omnisend has an impressive free forever plan that lets you send up to 500 emails per month. You also have access to workflows, automations, and A/B testing.
Paid plans start from $16 per month for 500 contacts, with prices increasing as you get more subscribers.
Higher-end Pro plans start at $59 per month, which includes unlimited emails and priority 24/7 support.
Why Omnisend is a better alternative to Mailchimp
Omnisend is an email marketing and automation platform mainly designed for ecommerce businesses and marketers. Compared to Mailchimp Omnisend is ecommerce-ready and comes with features such as discount codes and customer rewards, cart abandonment automation workflows, and loads more. Long story short.
If you're a Shopify or ecommerce marketer, then Omnisend is your best choice when choosing an email marketing platform.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of Omnisend
Mailchimp is a great tool for small businesses, so if you're a small business, blogger or not running an ecommerce site then stick with Mailchimp. Because Omnisend is aimed at more sophisticated and advanced users, and for ecommerce users, looking for a powerful all-in-one email marketing platform.
- Official website: www.convertkit.com
- Built for professional bloggers.
- One of the easiest platforms to learn and use.
ConvertKit is a powerful email marketing platform designed specifically for bloggers, course creators, podcasters, and YouTubers.
It is a little expensive, but the selection of beginner-friendly tools on offer has to be seen to be believed.
The landing page editor is excellent, it's extremely easy to manage your subscriber list, and the support team is fast and responsive.
On top of this, ConvertKit makes it easy to run highly targeted campaigns, which should help you maximize your ROI.
- Excellent segmentation and targeting tools
- A great choice for bloggers
- Beginner-friendly user interface
- Templates are very basic
- Value for money is average
- Design flexibility is quite limited
ConvertKit Plans and Pricing:
I'm a big fan of CovertKit's free forever plan, which supports up to 1000 subscribers, along with unlimited landing pages, a customizable domain, and unlimited traffic.
Paid subscriptions are expensive, with prices starting from $29 per month for a basic 1000 subscriber plan. As per normal, prices increase as your contact list grows.
Why Use ConvertKit instead of Mailchimp
ConvertKit is best suited for professional bloggers and online creators, although it can be used by businesses of all shapes and sizes.
ConvertKit offers an easy-to-use interface and makes it super easy for you to manage your email marketing.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of ConvertKit
Mailchimp is built for businesses big and small. Whether you are a hobbyist blogger or a News giant like The Huffington Post, Mailchimp has got you covered.
- Official website: www.drip.com
- Drip helps you convert all your customer data including transactions and actions into personalized email marketing.
- A combination of CRM and Email Marketing.
Drip combines email marketing with a powerful CRM platform.
It's certainly not the most beginner-friendly platform I've used, but it remains a great choice for those who want to really optimize their marketing efforts.
Although it will certainly work for other users, Drip is largely aimed at online stores looking to grow their mailing lists and increase sales by creating highly targeted campaigns.
There are numerous optimization tools available, along with automations designed to help you maximize purchases and improve the efficiency of your campaigns.
- Excellent personalization tools
- Intuitive user interface
- Powerful ecommerce tools
- Not the most beginner-friendly option
- Can be hard to set up
- Quite expensive compared to Mailchimp
Drip Plans and Pricing:
Drip offers a 14-day free trial, but unfortunately, it has no free forever plan and its paid subscriptions are very expensive.
Prices start from $19 per month, but this only gets you up to 500 subscribers. As an example, support for 10,000 subscribers costs a very high $154 per month.
Why Use Drip instead of Mailchimp
Drip isn't built for the average marketer. Go with Drip if you want to take your email marketing to the next level.
They take all your customer data and do the hard work of turning it into personalized emails for you.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of Drip
Mailchimp is much easier to set up and understand than Drip. If you are just starting out and need a simple platform, then go with Mailchimp.
- Official website: www.mailerlite.com
- An all in one platform for email marketing automation.
- Offers tools for building landing pages, subscription popups, and email automation.
I personally love MailerLite's free forever subscription options, but its paid options certainly aren't bad either.
It comes with a selection of advanced tools, including a powerful landing page builder, subscription popups, and various workflow automation features.
And what's more, you will benefit from A/B testing, survey support, and one-click integrations with numerous third-party platforms.
- Very generous free forever plan
- Great automation features
- Powerful marketing funnel tools
- The email editor could certainly be better
- Deliverability can be a concern
- A little confusing to get started with
MailerLite Plans and Pricing:
With MailerLite's free forever plan, you will benefit from up to 12,000 monthly email sends to up to 1000 subscribers.
To unlock all advanced features, you will have to upgrade to a premium subscription, which starts from a competitive $10 per month.
And on top of this, prices become even more competitive when the 30% discount on annual subscriptions is taken into account.
Why MailerLite is a better alternative to Mailchimp
MailerLite.com is an affordable yet advanced email marketing platform that can help you manage and automate your entire email marketing funnel.
It comes with tools to help you design your landing pages, subscription popups, and email automation.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of MailerLite
Mailchimp is a simpler and easier tool than MailerLite. If you are just starting out with email marketing or online marketing in general, then MailerLite might not be the best option for you.
10. Pabbly Email Marketing
- Official website: www.pabbly.com/email-marketing
- One of the cheapest Email Marketing Platforms.
- Tools to automate everything in your marketing funnel.
If you're looking for an affordable email marketing platform with excellent automation features, Pabbly Email Marketing is a great option.
Take advantage of impressive deliverability, integrations with more than 300 third-party apps, and a great drag-and-drop builder to create high converting campaigns.
On top of this, there is a large selection of templates you can base your emails on, as well as tools to create full marketing funnels.
Pabbly Email Marketing Pros:
- All features available with all plans
- Extremely affordable option
- Excellent template library
Pabbly Email Marketing Cons:
- Limited free plan
- Some add-ons cost extra
Pabbly Email Marketing Plans and Pricing:
Pabbly does offer a free forever plan, but it's quite limited and is really only designed for you to test the platform.
Paid plans start from $24 per month for up to 5000 subscribers, which is excellent. And what's more, all features are available with even the cheapest plan.
Why Use Pabbly instead of Mailchimp
Pabbly is much cheaper than Mailchimp and offers at least as much functionality as Mailchimp. Offers over 500 customizable email templates you can use.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of Pabbly
Mailchimp offers is a more trusted and more popular alternative to Pabbly Email Marketing. Their team has a lot more experience than MailGet.
- Official website: www.icontact.com
- Allows you to send unlimited emails to your email subscribers.
- One of the best support teams in the industry.
iContact is a beginner-friendly, easy-to-use email marketing platform that's designed for small businesses.
It includes a suite of features to help you get the most out of your time, including full email automation tools based on various rules or customer actions.
On top of this, I'm a big fan of the platform's drag-and-drop editor. Once again, it's a great option for beginners with little experience, and you shouldn't have any trouble creating an attractive message within just a few minutes.
- A great option for beginners
- Unlimited email sending is supported
- Excellent mail optimization tools
- Cheap plans are a little limited
- Can be expensive for some users
iContact Plans and Pricing:
iContact offers a fully functional free forever plan supporting up to 500 contacts and 2000 email sends per month.
All paid plans support unlimited email sending, with prices starting from just $15 per month for a basic plan with 1,500 contacts. Upgrading to a Pro plan (from $30 per month) unlocks a selection of more advanced features, including automation and smart sending.
Why Use iContact instead of Mailchimp
iContact offers unlimited email sending at no additional cost. They offer advanced features such as A/B Split Testing, List Segmentation, and Automation.
Why Use Mailchimp instead of iContact
Mailchimp is much simpler than iContact and is built with beginners in mind. It is more suitable for beginners.
What is Mailchimp
Mailchimp is an Email Marketing platform that allows you to keep in touch with your customers and email subscribers.
The platform makes it easy for you to not only send but also design beautiful emails that help convert subscribers into sales.
Benefits of Mailchimp
Mailchimp is one of the most popular Email Marketing Platforms on the market. Their platform is built for small businesses and as a result, is one of the easiest Email Marketing Platforms.
Every feature on the platform is easy to understand and use.
- Stunning, industry leading and ready-to-use campaign templates and newsletter designs.
- Advanced personalization, A/B testing, segmentation and ability to merge tags.
- Workflow automation; abandoned cart, RSS to email, product recommendations, welcome email automation.
- Advanced reporting and integrations with favorite apps and web services.
- Campaign sharing on social media.
- Easily create landing pages, Google remarketing ads, Facebook ads, Instagram ads.
- An excellent option for beginners
- Great email templates for various uses
- Impressive split testing tools
- Advanced reporting and statistic tracking
- Automation features can be a little limited
- Segmentation tools could be better
- Contact limits are quite low
- Quite expensive compared to some competitors
Mailchimp Plans and Pricing:
Mailchimp offers a decent free forever plan that supports up to 2000 contacts, but it only allows you to create one audience.
Paid options start at $9.99 per month for an Essentials plan, which includes basic features such as A/B testing, custom branding, a simple website builder, and a CRM dashboard.
Upgrading to a Standard plan will cost you $14.99 per month, adding sending time optimization, dynamic content support, behavioral targeting, and more.
And finally, a Premium subscription starts at $299 per month, adding more advanced segmentation tools, excellent reporting integration, and role-based access for larger teams.
Note that these are base prices, and you can expect to pay more if your contact list is larger than 500 subscribers (10,000 with Premium).
If you are just starting out with email marketing, Mailchimp might be the best place to start. AND the cheapest place to start, because their free-forever plan allows for 2,000 email subscribers and 12,000 emails per month.
That being said. There are a bunch of really good Mailchimp alternatives out there that you could use to build your email list, create email templates, send bulk emails, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is one of the most popular all-in-one email marketing software in the world for sending email campaigns, newsletters, and automated emails to customers.
What are the pros and cons of Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is an intuitive email marketing software that is easy to learn and use. It comes with hundreds of templates and at an affordable monthly price (there is a free plan as well). The biggest drawback is the lack of advanced automation and segmentation.
What are the best Mailchimp competitors?
Sendinblue and GetResponse are the two biggest, and best, alternatives to Mailchimp. Both are all-in-one marketing automation platforms and come with better overall features.
How much does Mailchimp cost?
MailChimp's free plan gives you up to 2,000 contacts and 10,000 emails per month. The Essentials plan starts at $9.99 per month and gives you up to 500 contacts and 500k emails. The Standard plan starts at $14.99/month and comes with more automation features, and finally, the Premium plan starts at $299/month and gives you access to everything.
Best Mailchimp Alternatives: Summary
So, now we have had a look at some of the better and cheaper Mailchimp alternatives out there.
While Mailchimp is great for beginners, if you want something more out of your email marketing platform, then Mailchimp might not be the best option.
Sendinblue is the best Mailchimp competitor to go with. It's an all-in-one marketing platform that offers excellent email marketing capabilities, plus landing pages, chat, SMS messages, Facebook ads, retargeting, and more.
Some of the email marketing platforms on this list are more advanced than the others. If you are a professional blogger, I recommend you to go with ConvertKit. On the other hand, if you want an advanced Email Marketing platform to automate your entire funnel, then go with GetResponse.
|Serial||Logo and Links||Features||Button|