You can work from home and earn extra money by being a virtual assistant for others. It’s not just about the income, it is also an opportunity to improve your skills in different fields of expertise that might be helpful later on when looking for full-time employment or self-employment opportunities!
You don’t have to be an expert in website design or customer service, you just need some skills. Virtual Assistants are needed for many things: from answering emails and making appointments on your behalf, all the way up through assistance with designing websites!
Pros of being a virtual assistant
- All you need is a computer and a stable internet connection.
- Lots of sites where you can look for work for free.
- Work from home/anywhere you want in the world.
- Choose who/what you want to work with.
- Work across different fields and industries.
Cons of being a virtual assistant
- Expect lower rates at the start if you’re inexperienced.
- Pay can be inconsistent, you have to work hard to get a good income.
- You tend to work alone, which can be quite boring.
- Some tasks can be boring and repetitive.
Here are 4 top tips and tricks to help you become a better virtual assistant
- Use a list to keep track of all your tasks and deadlines. You can use free tools like Asana to help you.
- Always try to “underpromise” and overdeliver. Don’t accept tasks you’re not able to complete because you might get a bad reputation.
- Try to get as many testimonials and referrals as you can when working with clients. This will help you land you more clients and will increase your reputation.
- The best way to get started with getting testimonials/referrals is asking the people closest to you for work. You might have to charge them a lower rate at the start, but it’s worth it in the long run.
Virtual assistant earning potential
VA tasks can be anything from answering phones or emails, filing taxes, computer admin, or doing research. The average hourly rate for a VA varies between $30-60 dollars depending on what you’re being asked to do.
Most VAs will have set hours each week in their contract, but many can be flexible with their time schedules, depending on how much they want to work/how much work the client needs.
You could easily make an extra $500-700 per week in your spare time with this side hustle. With the right skill set and some effort, you can earn close to $10,000 per month or more!
Sites to use to become a virtual assistant VA
|Product Image / Product Name||Key Features||Get Started|
My list of the best side hustle ideas for 2023 that'll make you extra income
- Become a freelance writer
- Get paid searching the Internet
- Do retail arbitrage online
- Become a Fiverr freelancer
- Become a social media moderator
- Become a tasker
- Become a virtual assistant
- Become a website & app tester
- Get paid listening to music
- Earn money on Reddit
- Create online courses
- Get paid using apps
- Publish articles on Vocal
- Get paid to give expert answers
- Peer-to-peer renting sites
- Join marketing focus & research groups
- Become a "micro" tasker
- Join research studies on Respondent
- Become a voiceover actor
- Become a transcriber
- Do paid surveys online
- Join WFH Facebook Groups
- Become a customer service representative
- Become a mystery shopper
- Become a resume writer
- Start a blog
- All side hustle ideas >>