Here I’m going to walk you through how to sign up with InMotion Hosting, and how to install WordPress on InMotion Hosting. This will help you take the first step towards hosting and creating your website or blog with them.
From $2.29 per month
Get 50% OFF InMotion Hosting plans
InMotion Hosting is one of the most respected and reliable hosting services out there, and it's also one of the oldest. In the past, I have had a good experience with them and you can read my InMotion Hosting review.
How To Sign Up With InMotion Hosting
First, let me walk you through how you sign up with InMotion.
Step 1. Choose your hosting plan
Visit www.inmotionhosting.com and choose the plan you want to use.
Step 2. Choose your domain name
Choose if you want to register a domain name with InMotion Hosting, or if you already have a domain name that you want to use.
Step 3. Configure your hosting plan
Choose which data center servers you want to use. Either U.S East Coast (if you're in Europe choose this) or U.S. West Coast (if you're in Asia Pacific choose this).
Choose if you want InMotion Hosting to pre-install WordPress (or Joomla, PrestaShop or BoldGrid) for you.
Step 4. Create your hosting account
Enter your email address and click continue.
Step 5. Fill out your account details
Fill out your name, address, and contact details, and select your preferred payment method.
InMotion Hosting accepts credit card payments (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover), as well as payment via check and money order.
Next, go and review your order and finally submit your order – and you're done!
Next, I am going to walk you through how you install WordPress on InMotion.
How To Install WordPress On InMotion Hosting
The absolute easiest way to install WordPress on InMotion Hosting is to get WordPress pre-installed when you sign up with InMotion (which I explained here above).
But you can also install WordPress after you have signed up by using an installation program called Softaculous.
How to install WordPress on InMotion using Softaculous
- Step 1. Log into your InMotion Hosting Account Management Panel (AMP).
- Step 2. Under your account name, click on the cPanel button. You will then be redirected and automatically logged into cPanel. Alternatively, you can access cPanel through your browser address bar by typing in domainname.com/cpanel (replace domainname.com with your actual domain name).
- Step 3. Click the Softaculous link, which is located in the Software/Services section.
- Step 4. Click on the WordPress icon.
- Step 5. Click the Install button.
- Step 6. Fill out the installation details (see below) and then click the Install button at the bottom of the page.
- Step 7. Now you will be taken to a page with settings for your WordPress site. Here I go through each of the settings, one by one:
- Choose protocol. Choose which of the provided protocols your WordPress website should be accessible from. For example I use https://www.websitehostingrating.com
- Choose domain. Select the domain name you want to install WordPress on from the drop box
- Install in directory. Leave this blank to install on the domain directly. If you are installing in a subfolder of your site you type in the folder name. For example, if you type in folder-name then WP will be installed: website.com/folder-name.
- Site name. The name of your WordPress site.
- Site description. The description or “tagline” for your WordPress site.
- Enable multisite (WPMU). Make sure this box is unchecked as you don’t want WPMU (Multiuser) enabled.
- Admin username. Enter a username for your WordPress Dashboard login.
- Admin password. Enter a password for your WordPress Dashboard login.
- Admin email. Enter an email address for your WordPress Dashboard login.
- Select language. Choose what language you would like your WordPress platform installed in. The list of supported languages is quite big and most probably you will find your native language there
- Limit login attempts (Loginizer). Enable this checkbox as you want the “Limit Login Attempts” plugin installed, as it boosts the security on your WordPress website
- Choose a theme to install. Select none unless you want to use a WordPress theme from the dropdown.
- Advanced options. Here you can rename the database name and table prefix, but you can leave the default values as-is.
- Install. Hit the install button and WordPress will begin installing, once done you will be shown the login details (and emailed too to the above email address you nominated)
That's everything. Now you know how to sign up with InMotion Hosting, and you know how to install WordPress on InMotion Hosting. Now it's up to you to go and create and launch your website, blog, or online store.