Keeping track of all the affiliate links on your WordPress site and managing them constantly can be challenging. Let’s be honest — if you’re doing this without any extra help, there will be way too many things that you’ll need to take care of daily. This is where the Lasso comes in, an affiliate marketing WordPress plugin I’m using every day, and here is my Lasso review!
From $39/mo (30-day money-back)
#1 All-in-one affiliate marketing plugin
Because as an affiliate marketer, you’ll have to track all of your online campaigns, check if your website contains all of the affiliate links, find out if some of the links are not working, promote your deals and sales… Need I say more?
Luckily, instead of doing everything on your own, you can follow in my footsteps and start using Lasso, an affiliate marketing plugin for WordPress that
can will help boost conversions and earn you more revenue from clicks.
Lasso is a WordPress plugin made for affiliate marketers that lets you create, manage, optimize and display your affiliate links on your WordPress ite from any program or partner, including Amazon.
Use it to increase conversions, find new affiliate link opportunities, AND earn more revenue from clicks! It takes less than 5 minutes to set up.
Watch me create exactly this above affiliate link inside Lasso:
Let’s learn more about this game-changing WordPress affiliate tracking and management plugin used by more than 8K websites worldwide!
TL;DR Lasso is an innovative, user-friendly WordPress plugin whose primary function is to manage your affiliate marketing. It can help WordPress users who are just getting familiar with the platform and advanced users who have years of experience behind them manage the affiliate links on their websites or blogs.
The pricing plans are pretty affordable, and the tool offers tons of valuable features, so you won’t regret spending a few extra bucks on this plugin. Plus, you’ll get two months for free if you subscribe to one of its annual plans!
Table of Contents
Lasso Plugin Pros and Cons
- Lasso’s advanced display types (Single Displays, Comparison Tables, Grids and Lists) are guaranteed to boost your conversion rates, and earn you more revenue from clicks.
- You can manage any type of affiliate link only by using Lasso.
- Lets you directly import links from other add-ons.
- Offers a money-back guarantee, so you can get a refund in the first month after subscribing to any plan.
- Monitors malfunctions and tracks broken links.
- Amazon integration is 100% enabled.
- Has a very intuitive and user-friendly interface design.
- Import and migrate your affiliate links to Lasso from other affiliate tracking plugins like PrettyLinks, Thirsty Affiliates, GeniusLink and so on.
- Organize affiliate links in categories, add custom link cloaking, check broken affiliate links – plus many more awesome features.
- 30-day money-back guarantee (they’ll honor a refund in any 30-day period, even if it’s your 100th month. As long as the request is sent within those 30 days, they’ll refund any charges within that same 30-day window).
- There is no free plan, so you need to pay even if you’d like to use Lasso for one website (but they have a very generous 30-day refund policy).
- There is no free-trial at the moment of writing this review of Lasso.
- The pricing plan created for more than three websites is quite expensive, and it lets you manage up to ten websites.
- The customization options are pretty limited (but you can customize the look and feel of every display in Lasso using CSS, and if you’re a yearly customer they will provide you with custom CSS).
- There is no way to export affiliate links (to do this, you’d have to use a plugin like WPAllExport).
- There is no way to bulk edit affiliate links, so you have to edit and customize existing links one by one.
Lasso Price Plans
Lasso offers three pricing plans for you to choose from:
- Essential: $39 per month, or $389 per year
- Advanced: $99 per month, or $999 per year
- Portfolio: $299 per month, or $2999 per year
Although Lasso doesn’t offer a free plan or a free trial, you can use it for free for two months if you subscribe to any of the annual plans.
Also, all of the subscriptions have a money-back guarantee, but only if you ask for a refund in the first 30 days after subscribing.
#1 All-in-one affiliate marketing plugin
From $39/mo (30-day money-back)
|Plan||Monthly Price||Annual Price||Key Features|
|Essential||$39||$389||1 website, displays optimized for conversion, fast link locating, link monitoring, and product data by your selected brands|
|Advanced||$99||$999||3 websites, all the features in Essential, free licenses for staging sites, premium access to new options and features|
|Portfolio||$299||$2,999||10 websites, all the features in Essential and Advanced, and personalized integrations and features|
Founded in 2020 in New Jersey, Lasso (also known as GetLasso) is your one-stop shop for WordPress affiliate marketing that will fix broken page links and update them, create straightforward custom-made displays, and explore brand-new services and products. It’s an excellent add-on that will save you hours of work and help you earn some money.
These are some of Lasso’s main features:
- It supports a limitless number of affiliate links: with Lasso, you can add as many affiliate links as you want. Also, Lasso supports all kinds of links, not just Amazon links or review websites — you can add any type of link you want.
- It alerts you whenever an affiliate link is broken: Whenever one of your affiliate links is not working, Lasso will alert you, so you can immediately update it.
- It makes Amazon marketing much easier: Lasso keeps affiliate products from Amazon updated all the time. All you have to do is paste the URL from Amazon in Lasso, and it will collect the product information.
- It lets you create personalized product displays: Lasso offers six types of product displays: Gallery, List, Image, Grid, Button, and Single. All of the displays have preset themes that can be modified with CSS and shortcodes.
- It helps you find new opportunities for monetization: Lasso browses through your WordPress website and looks for new affiliate programs.
- It provides you with helpful information from Google Analytics: You can use Google Analytics through Get Lasso by adding your tracking ID. Once you do that, you’ll be able to find out how many clicks all of the affiliate links get.
- It offers customer support: Lasso offers live support for its customers, so you don’t have to worry if you’re stuck or not quite sure how to use some of its features.
Once you open Lasso and click on “General,” you’ll see all its main settings, such as:
- License Key: Under this setting, you can activate your personal license key.
- Google Analytics: You can set up your Google Analytics ID and start tracking the number of clicks on all of your affiliate links.
- Cloaked Link Prefix: You can use this setting if you’d like to add subdirectories to your website’s cloaked links, although most Lasso’s users choose not to use this option.
- Permissions: You can choose which WordPress users get access to Lasso by setting the user role.
- Uninstall Lasso: By clicking on the red button “Remove Data Attributes,” you’ll subtract all of the data attributes.
- Link Index: This function lets you see the date of Lasso’s last update and how many links are indexed so far
- Custom Link Detection: Here, you can detect shortcodes and links in specific locations
- Performance: Under “Performance,” you can set the CPU level percentage.
- Link Defaults: Here, you can configure the default characteristics for all new affiliate links
- Notifications: Under “Notifications,” you can choose the notifications you’d like to see
Display Settings (Single Display)
The display settings are by far one of the best things about Lasso. Once you click on the “Display” settings, you’ll notice different design elements that you can customize in detail and create a display that will suit your website perfectly.
You can choose a theme and display type and select the colors of your badge, the primary button, the title, and the like.
Moreover, Lasso lets you customize some of the advanced interface features, such as the pros and cons lists, ratings, etc. You can also add different advanced features of your choice.
While you’re still browsing through the Display settings, you can choose a unique color palette that will match your website’s color scheme and help the affiliate links blend in — you don’t want them to stand out in a bad way, right? After all, your website’s aesthetic comes first, and Lasso gets that.
Also, If you’d like to get access to more advanced features, click on “Need More Customization?”
Display Settings (Grid Display)
Another popular display option is the Grid display. With Grid display, the links will appear parallel to each other. Just like with the Single display, you can also select a theme, the colors of your badge, primary button, title, etc.
If you’d like to customize the Grid display even further, click on the button “Need More Customization?” in the bottom left corner.
As I’ve already mentioned, Lasso integrated an Amazon support setting, so if you’d like to add Amazon affiliate links, you’ll love this feature. By adding Amazon affiliate links, the plugin will automatically generate Amazon product boxes for your WordPress website.
Another thing that makes the Amazon setting option pretty amazing is that you’ll always stay updated if there are any changes to the product. For example, if the product is unavailable at the moment or doesn’t exist anymore, you’ll get notified instantly.
Also, if you integrate the feature OneLink by Amazon, anyone who visits your WordPress website and clicks on an affiliate link will be redirected to the Amazon version available in their country.
You can find all of the essential affiliate links in Lasso’s dashboard instantly.
Once you click on Lasso’s dashboard, you’ll see the URL, name, group, number, and image of all of your links. You can use the search bar if you’d like to look for a specific link. All you have to do is enter a name, URL, or unique keyword.
What’s more, here you can find out if:
- An affiliate link is not working properly
- A product is unavailable for sale at the moment
- There’s a new affiliate possibility
Affiliate Link Example (Single Display)
Setting up an affiliate link with Lasso is pretty easy since its interface is quite user-friendly, and there’s a description button for each subcategory.
As you can see, I chose the Single Display option, so this is how I see the Affiliate Links category. To set up a link, first, you have to write down the name and add the permalink. Then, you add the primary and secondary destination URL and the button text.
If you click on Groups, you can organize your links in Galleries, Grids, and Lists. Then, you can add a field and select the field type. You can choose from:
- Short Text
- Long Text
- Bulleted List
- Numbered List
For example, I have created custom fields to display; pros and cons, key features, pricing, star ratings, and review verdict.
Then, you select a display theme and badge text, toggle on or off for the price, and add a description and disclosure.
Lasso has another fantastic feature that lets you conceal all of your website’s affiliate links instantly by setting up a unique URL for all of your product displays.
By doing this, you can start sharing your links on other websites or social media platforms without being concerned that they’ll be prohibited or deleted. Ultimately, this feature protects your links from social media platforms known for link-busting, such as Google or Facebook.
Once you create a new affiliate link or view an already existing one, you’ll be redirected to “Link Details” — the central location for all of the configurations for that specific link.
From “Link Details,” you can make custom changes and supersede the default settings for all affiliate links. The default settings can be modified at any time.
Once you adjust them, they’ll be automatically applied to the affiliate link on your WordPress website, so you won’t have to make any additional changes manually.
To put it another way — once you modify the settings, let Lasso handle the rest.
Here’s an overview of all the features in “Link Details.”
|URL (Primary Destination)||Readers are redirected here once they click the link|
|URL (Secondary Destination)||This is the link for the 2nd call-to-action (CTA) button|
|Permalink||Permalink or permanent link comes instantly after your domain in the cloaked website link|
|Custom Fields||Here you can add pros and cons lists, ratings, etc.|
|Badge Text||Emphasizes the top part of Displays|
|Description||Lets you describe the affiliate product|
|Price||Here you can activate or deactivate the Price option|
|Disclosure||Tells your website visitors that you get a commission once they click on an affiliate link|
|Show Disclosure||Here you can activate or deactivate the Disclosure option|
|NewWindow/Tab||Click “on” if you’d like the link to open in a brand new tab|
|Sponsored||Click “on” to add the rel= “sponsored” attribute on affiliate links (learn more)|
|Detect Opportunities||Click “on” to find new monetization opportunities|
|Groups||Lets you organize your links by displaying them in Galleries, Grids, and Lists|
|Button Text||A personalized copy for your call-to-action|
|Link Cloaking||Click “on” if you’d like to brand an affiliate link with your website’s domain|
|NoFollow/NoIndex||Click “on” to add the rel “nofollow noindex” attribute on affiliate links|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lasso?
Lasso is an affiliate marketing plugin created for websites powered by WordPress. Its state-of-the-art features and user-friendly interface make it an ideal solution for bloggers and influencers who are seeking to enhance their affiliate marketing efforts.
With Lasso’s standout features, you can personalize your product displays, centralize all of the affiliate links on your website, and earn new commissions. The plugin has a link index that allows you to easily locate links to products that are displayed on your website.
By doing that, Lasso instantly simplifies the process of changing links to products from one retailer to another throughout your entire website.
Also, it’s pretty easy to install and use, and it has a very intuitive design, so it’s perfect for both WordPress beginners and advanced users.
What does an affiliate link mean?
Affiliate links are basically hyperlinks/URLs that have a one-of-a-kind tracking ID number unique to the service or product.
The unique ID informs the seller from which website the customer was redirected to their service or product, allowing them to ensure that the correct website receives a commission after a successful purchase.
Affiliate links are commonly used in various online marketing activities, such as articles, blog posts, social media posts, email campaigns, etc.
Can I use Lasso for free?
Right now, Lasso doesn’t offer a free trial. However, you can use it for two months for free if you subscribe to any of the yearly plans.
Can I use Lasso to manage links that are not affiliate links?
The short answer is — yes!
Lasso works perfectly with both affiliate and nonaffiliate links. You can use Lasso if you’d like to endorse your products on your WordPress website. It will also work if you’d like to add an external e-commerce shop instead of an affiliate link, such as Shopify.
Does Lasso work with any theme by WordPress?
Also, you customize and modify Lasso’s product boxes to make them fit the web design and aesthetic of your website.
Will my website load more slowly if I use Lasso?
No, Lasso will definitely not slow down your website since it was created to function regardless of the website speed. This plugin uses a small CSS file and very lightweight div tags.
Will I get a refund if I decide to stop using Lasso?
Yes, you’ll get a refund if you want to quit Lasso, as they have a money-back guarantee that lasts during the first 30 days after subscribing to any of their plans. All you have to do is send an email and ask for a refund.
Summary – Lasso WordPress Affiliate Plugin Review
I switched from PrettyLinks Pro to Lasso last year and have never looked back!
All in all, I’d say that Lasso is 100% worth every penny. It offers plenty of features, has a very straightforward and intuitive design interface, and is affordable compared to other plugins that offer similar features.
Plus, it gets updated all the time automatically, so you don’t need to worry about using an older version that might slow it down or make it clunky all of a sudden.
If you’re hooked after reading this Lasso plugin review, give this fantastic tool a shot and see what it offers.
#1 All-in-one affiliate marketing plugin
From $39/mo (30-day money-back)