SiteGround is the most recommended web host for beginners. In fact, we always recommend it for beginners ourselves! If you are looking at SiteGround’s pricing, you might be wondering whether or not you should go with the biggest plan.
GoGeek starts from $7.99 /mo
More server resources, speed & premium support
Or maybe you are thinking of upgrading your GrowBig plan to GoGeek…
If you aren’t sure about SiteGround’s GoGeek plan, then read on…
In this article, I will clear all your doubts about the GoGeek plan. By the end, you will know whether or not it is worth spending your money on.
What’s Included In The GoGeek Plan
The pricing for SiteGround’s Shared Web Hosting plans and WordPress Hosting plans is the same.
The only difference between the two is that WordPress hosting comes pre-installed with WordPress. So, this review of the GoGeek plan applies to both Shared Web Hosting and WordPress Hosting.
The GoGeek plan comes with everything you need to run a successful online business.
Whether you get a thousand visitors a month or ten thousand visitors a day, this plan can handle it without breaking a sweat!
More server resources, speed & premium support
GoGeek starts from $7.99 /mo
At a glance, here’s what’s included in the GoGeek plan:
If you aren’t sure which plan is best for you, check out my review of all SiteGround’s plans and prices where I go over them in detail.
Now, let’s talk about all the goodies that come packed with the GoGeek plan…
The GoGeek plan allows you to host an unlimited number of websites on a single account. This plan is great if you host a lot of client websites yourself.
For a cheap price of $7.99 per month, you can host as many client websites as you want.
If you are a freelancer, you can charge your clients a small monthly fee, and host all their websites in one place.
Think of how much money you can make every month hosting your client's websites for them!
Even if you don’t do client work, it’s great for any business owner. If you’re like me, you like putting up a coming-soon website before you even begin working on a new idea, then this plan can save you hundreds of dollars every year.
Host as many websites as you want in one single account!
40 GB Disk Space
40 GB of Disk Space is enough for almost any kind of website. This much space is enough to host a podcast, a video course, or images of your entire product catalog.
If your website is image-heavy, this plan is perfect for you. You will probably not need any more space for the next 2-3 years even if you upload new images every day.
Staging + Git
SiteGround Staging Tools let you create development copies of your websites in just a couple of clicks.
A development environment saves you from yourself! It lets you make changes to your website in a testing environment. Your visitors don’t get to see this version of your site.
And once you are done adding new features or testing, you can deploy this new version to your site in just a couple of clicks.
White-Label Web Hosting
SiteGround lets you give access to your clients using a very simple interface:
All you have to do is enter their name and email, and SiteGround will send them an invite. The best part is that you can select a role for your client.
This lets you limit the amount of control your client has over the website.
When you host your client’s site on SiteGround, you can give them access to the web hosting dashboard and replace SiteGround’s logo with yours.
Or you can have no logo at all like in the above screenshot.
This allows you to charge them extra every month for hosting and managing their website.
SiteGround is known for its amazing industry-leading customer support experience.
You can get in touch with SiteGround’s support team in minutes and they will help you solve your problems. You can reach out to them 24/7.
With the GoGeek plan, you get even better support. Your support queries as a GoGeek customer are prioritized meaning you will be able to get in touch with customer support even faster!
The Difference Between the GrowBig and GoGeek Plan
More Server Resources
When you go for the GoGeek plan you get allocated more server resources (i.e. better website performance and faster load times) than on the GrowBig and StartUp plans.
- CPU seconds / program and script Executions: 4000/hour, 40000/day, 800000/month
- Server memory per process: 768 MB
- Inodes: 600,000
GoGeek gives you 2x more resources than GrowBig and 3x more resources than the StartUp plan. GoGeek is faster than GrowBig because it comes with more server resources.
You'll see that GrowBig and GoGeek are much faster than StartUp since you get more server resources.
More Disk Space
One of the biggest differences between GrowBig and GoGeek plans is the amount of disk space you get.
With GoGeek, you get 40 GB of disk space. With GrowBig, you only get 20 GB of disk space.
If you publish a lot of new content on your website, then the 20 GB plan might not be enough for you. 40 GB is enough for most websites, even the ones that upload lots of new images every month.
Number of Visitors
Although there’s no limit to the number of visitors your website can get on either of these plans, the GrowBig plan can only handle about 100k visitors a month.
You might think that you will never hit the 100k visitors limit, but don’t forget that you will receive thousands of spam and bot clicks on your website as it grows.
That doesn’t even count the number of visits search engines like Google and Yahoo will make every month.
The GoGeek plan on the other hand can handle 4 times as many visitors. So, even when you start getting thousands of visitors every month, your website will be able to handle the load and not slow down!
If you are a freelancer or an agency offering WordPress hosting, then you need this plan. It lets you white-label the SiteGround dashboard and give your clients access to it.
You can charge your clients a monthly fee to host their website and when they visit the SiteGround dashboard, they will see your logo.
And because SiteGround lets you host an unlimited number of websites on this plan, you can add as many client sites as you want!
Pros and Cons
Even if you have decided to host your website on SiteGround’s GoGeek plan or are thinking of upgrading to it, here are some pros and cons you need to keep in mind:
- More resources and faster speed: GoGeek gives you a lot more server resources that are guaranteed to deliver faster load times.
- Supports a lot more traffic: When your site starts gaining traction, you will never have to worry about hitting any traffic limits. For most websites, the SiteGround GoGeek plan is powerful enough to handle thousands of monthly visitors.
- A lot more disk space: If you upload a lot of images to your WordPress site, you will see your disk space usage spike up really quickly. The GoGeek plan comes with 40 GB of disk space, which is enough for most image-heavy websites.
- White label: If you do client work, you will love this feature. It lets you hide the fact that you’re using SiteGround. You can replace the SiteGround logo with yours when you give access to your clients.
- Priority Support: SiteGround’s support team is already quick enough. But it's nice to have this feature of this plan. If waiting to connect to customer support makes you want to pull your hair, you need this!
- Free Private DNS: This lets you use your own domain name as the DNS server. This will make your clients think that you really are the web host.
- Not for hobby sites: If you are just hosting a hobby site that gets no traffic, then you might not need this plan. Here’s my list of good alternatives to SiteGround.
- You don’t have any “serious sites”: If you are just playing around, then this plan might be an overkill. But if you are a serious business owner, then you need this plan. It comes with enough resources to handle thousands of daily visitors.
- Can be a little expensive: If you’re just starting out, then this plan might seem a little expensive. But if you are running a profitable online business, then this plan’s affordable price will seem like an accounting error.
Is It Time To Upgrade From GrowBig to GoGeek?
Yes, the SiteGround GoGeek plan is worth it:
If your website has started gaining traction, you need this plan. You don’t want to hit any traffic limit right when your website is going viral.
If you are sending a lot of paid traffic to your website, this plan will save you a lot of money. Imagine sending thousands of dollars worth of traffic to your website from Facebook Ads. And losing all that ad money because your website went down…
If you are sending a lot of traffic to your website, your website might slow down on a cheaper plan. If you are spending a thousand dollars a month on ads, do yourself a favor and upgrade to the GoGeek plan on SiteGround.com.
If you want more security, speed, and performance features, you'll get Google Cloud-powered servers, ultrafast PHP, enhanced security, server/client/dynamic caching, on-demand backups + lots more.
If you are still not sure about SiteGround, let me assure you that it is one of the most beginner-friendly web hosts.
If you are interested, read my complete review of SiteGround.com to find out why it’s one of the best web hosts on the market.