Here I’m going to show you how easy it is to sign up with SiteGround and how you can take the first step towards creating your website or blog with them. But how do you actually sign up with SiteGround? What's the process?
SiteGround is a fantastic web host (my SiteGround review is here) because of their secure, fast, feature-rich, and cheap web hosting services.
- You get loads of features; like SSD storage, free website migration, free website backups, free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate.
- They're endorsed by WordPress; you get cheap WordPress hosting and you can get WordPress pre-installed or you can install WordPress yourself.
- They have a strong focus on speed and security; like HTTP/2 enabled servers, PHP7, SuperCacher plugin, free CloudFlare CDN.
- They offer cheap pricing and offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The process of signing up at SiteGround is very simple. Here below are the steps you need to go through to sign up with SiteGround.
Go to their website and find their web hosting plans page (you can't miss it).
2. Choose your SiteGround hosting plan
SiteGround has three web hosting pricing plans you can sign up for; StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek. (FYI I recommend the GrowBig plan.)
- The StartUp plan is perfect for beginners that are starting out; this plan lets you host 1 website, get 10GB of web space and is suitable for sites that get ~ 10,000 visits per month.
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money plan and is ideal for WordPress powered sites. This plan includes the option for hosting multiple websites, 20GB of web space, suitable for sites with ~25,000 monthly visits, plust it comes with SiteGround's SuperCacher, a tool that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla site page speed.
- The GoGeek plan is best suited for ecommerce and large websites that are a bit more resource intense, or if you are after more geeky things like staging and GIT integration. This plan includes the option for hosting multiple websites, 30GB of web space, suitable for sites that get ~100,000 monthly visits.
3. Choose Domain Name
Next you need to choose a domain name. You choose to register a new domain, or sign up using an existing domain you own (free website transfer valued at $30 comes included with all plans, which is awesome).
4. Review & Complete Your Order
Next is the third and final step, where you create your account, fill out your personal details, your payment information (including PayPal) and the hosting options you want. Here below is a step-by-step guide.
This is is the standard stuff you have done a million times before; email, password, first and last name, country, phone number, etc.
Next is to give SiteGround your credit card details (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). Now you might ask, can I pay with PayPal? Yes you can.
You can use PayPal to pay for your hosting (I did). All you need to do is leave the payment details empty and reach out to SiteGround's Sales Team using the Live Chat button (on top of the site in the main navigation).
Next is to choose your hosting services, add-ons and pay for your hosting. There are two things to factor in here.
First thing is to choose the location of your preferred data center. Choose a location based on where you are and where your customer/audience is geographically located (i.e. if you are in the United States pick Chicago, if you are in Australia choose Sydney).
Second thing is to decide if you need the SG Site Scanner addon. SG Site Scanner is a monitoring service that checks your website daily and immediately notifies you if your website has been hacked or injected with malicious code.
5. And You Are Done
Great work, now you have signed up with SiteGround. Now you will receive an email confirming your order, and another email with the login to your SiteGround Customer Area.
The next thing you need to do is to install WordPress (my WordPress installation guide is here)
If you haven’t already, go to SiteGround.com and sign up right now.