Are you torn between Wix and Divi for your website building needs? In our comprehensive “Wix vs Divi” comparison, we delve into each platform’s features, usability, and value to help you make an informed decision. Let’s explore and see which builder reigns supreme!
Wix and Divi are two popular website builders that offer users an easy way to create stunning websites without any coding knowledge. Wix is known for its drag-and-drop editor, extensive template collection, and user-friendly interface. Divi, on the other hand, is a WordPress theme that provides a powerful visual builder and a wide range of customization options. Both platforms have their strengths, so it ultimately comes down to personal preference and specific website requirements.
Free Plan: No
Free Trial: No (but has refund policy)
Price: From $89 per year
Official website: www.elegantthemes.com
Divi is best suited for non-tech savvy individuals, small-to-medium businesses, freelancers, and agencies looking for a user-friendly, customizable, and visually appealing WordPress theme and builder.
Wix is a superb platform for website creation! Its intuitive interface, stunning templates, and excellent customer support made building my site a breeze. It’s perfect for beginners and professionals alike. Highly recommended! – Aiden R
Divi is an outstanding platform – intuitive and versatile. It’s revolutionized my web design process, offering seamless functionality and beautiful templates. Exceptional customer support too. Highly recommend Divi for both beginners and seasoned developers. – Maria R
Wix offers a user-friendly interface, stunning templates, and excellent customer service. Ideal for beginners, highly recommended for website creation! – Pedro
Divi’s intuitive interface delivers. User-friendly for beginners, yet robust for developers. Minor learning curve, but overall, a great WordPress theme builder. – Emma
Fantastic service! Wix offers intuitive design and excellent customer support. Ideal for beginners, yet robust enough for professionals. My website creation was both effortless and enjoyable. Highly recommended! – Aditya
Divi has revolutionized website design with its intuitive builder. Excellent customer support, robust features, and sleek designs. A game-changer for both beginners and seasoned developers. Highly recommend. – Charlotte NYC
Pros & Cons
This section explores the strengths and weaknesses of these two website builders.
Wix and Divi are both popular website builder platforms, but they have different strengths. Wix offers a user-friendly interface, a wide range of templates, and solid customer support. However, it has limitations in terms of customization and scalability. On the other hand, Divi, a WordPress theme, provides more flexibility and advanced customization options. It is suitable for experienced users who want complete control over their website design. Ultimately, Wix is the winner for beginners or individuals who need a simple, hassle-free website, while Divi is better suited for experienced users or businesses with specific design requirements.
- User-Friendly Interface: Wix offers an intuitive drag-and-drop editor, making it accessible for users with little to no coding experience.
- Wide Range of Templates: Wix provides a diverse selection of professionally designed templates for various industries and purposes.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Websites built on Wix are automatically optimized for mobile devices, ensuring a seamless experience for users on different screens.
- App Market: The Wix App Market offers a variety of third-party apps and plugins to enhance website functionality.
- E-commerce Capabilities: Wix provides tools for creating and managing online stores, with features like product listings, shopping carts, and payment gateways.
- Multimedia Integration: Users can easily incorporate images, videos, audio, and other multimedia elements into their websites.
- SEO Tools: Wix offers built-in SEO features, helping users optimize their websites for better search engine visibility.
- Regular Updates: Wix frequently introduces new features and improvements to its platform, keeping up with industry trends.
- Reliable Hosting: Wix handles hosting and provides secure and reliable infrastructure for websites.
- Free Plan: Wix offers a free plan with basic features, allowing users to build and publish websites without upfront costs.
- Template Limitations: While Wix offers many templates, customization can be limited, especially for more advanced design changes.
- Long-Term Scalability: Wix might be less suitable for very complex or rapidly scaling websites, as customization options could become restrictive.
- Ads on Free Plan: Wix displays its branding on websites created using the free plan, which might not be suitable for professional or business sites.
- Limited Data Portability: Migrating a Wix site to another platform can be challenging due to the proprietary nature of its technology.
- Performance Optimization: While Wix has improved, it might still lag behind some competitors in terms of performance and loading speeds.
- E-commerce Transaction Fees: On certain plans, Wix charges transaction fees for online sales, impacting profitability for e-commerce businesses.
- Custom Code Restrictions: Advanced users might find limitations in adding custom code for highly specific functionality.
- Dependency on Wix: Users are tied to the Wix ecosystem, and moving away from it could be complex.
- Limited Blogging Features: While Wix has a blogging feature, it might not be as comprehensive as dedicated blogging platforms.
- Customer Support Variability: While Wix offers support, response times and quality can vary based on the plan and channel used.
- Powerful and versatile: Divi is a very powerful and versatile tool that can be used to create any type of website imaginable. It is a great choice for businesses of all sizes, as well as for personal websites.
- Easy to use: Divi is very easy to use, even for beginners. The visual builder makes it easy to drag and drop elements onto your page to create your desired layout.
- Wide range of features: Divi comes with a wide range of features, including a drag-and-drop visual builder, a library of pre-made layouts, and a powerful theme builder.
- Responsive design: Divi is responsive, which means that it will look great on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- SEO friendly: Divi is SEO friendly, which means that it is optimized for search engines. This can help businesses to improve their website’s ranking in search results, which can lead to more traffic and sales.
- Good customer support: Divi offers 24/7 live chat support, email support, a knowledge base, a community forum, and video tutorials. This means that users can get help with their questions and problems at any time.
- Can be expensive: Divi is not the cheapest page builder on the market. It offers a yearly subscription plan and a lifetime subscription plan.
- Can be slow: Divi can be slow on some websites, especially those with a lot of content or images.
- Can be complex: Divi can be complex for beginners to learn. There is a lot of functionality to learn, and the visual builder can be overwhelming at first.
- Not as customizable as some other page builders: Divi is not as customizable as some other page builders, such as Elementor. This is because Divi uses a modular system, which means that each element on a page is a separate module. This makes it difficult to make changes to the overall look and feel of the website.
Website Building Features
This section compares the overall features of Wix vs Divi.
Wix and Divi are both popular website builders, but they have some key differences. Wix offers a user-friendly drag and drop interface, a wide range of templates and designs, and excellent value for money. However, its SEO capabilities are somewhat limited, and its email marketing features are basic. On the other hand, Divi also has a drag and drop interface and offers a vast library of templates and designs. It excels in SEO optimization, offers advanced email marketing tools, and provides robust security features. Divi‘s support is top-notch, and it offers a wide range of apps and integrations. Overall, Divi emerges as the winner for its superior SEO, email marketing, and security features.
- Drag-and-Drop Editor: Wix offers an intuitive drag-and-drop editor that allows users to easily create and customize their websites without any coding skills.
- Templates: Wix provides a wide range of professionally designed templates for various industries and purposes, helping users get started quickly.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Websites created with Wix are automatically optimized for mobile devices, ensuring a seamless experience for users on smartphones and tablets.
- App Market: The Wix App Market offers a variety of third-party applications and plugins that can be integrated into websites to add functionality such as forms, galleries, e-commerce, and more.
- E-commerce: Wix allows users to set up online stores with features like product listings, shopping carts, payment gateways, inventory management, and order tracking.
- Blog: Wix provides tools for creating and managing blogs, including post scheduling, commenting, and social media sharing options.
- Multimedia Integration: Users can easily add images, videos, audio, and other multimedia elements to their websites to enhance visual appeal and engagement.
- SEO Tools: Wix offers built-in SEO features like meta tags, customizable URLs, sitemaps, and tools to optimize your website’s visibility on search engines.
- Analytics: Wix provides analytics tools that help users track website performance, visitor behavior, and other important metrics.
- Domain Hosting: Users can purchase and connect custom domain names to their Wix websites, giving them a professional online presence.
- Security: Wix provides SSL certificates and other security features to ensure data encryption and protect users’ websites and visitors’ information.
- Social Media Integration: Wix allows users to integrate social media feeds, share buttons, and other social elements to connect with their audience on various platforms.
- Membership and Community: Wix enables the creation of membership sites and online communities with features such as user registration, forums, and restricted content access.
- Booking and Appointment System: For service-based businesses, Wix offers tools for scheduling and managing appointments directly on the website.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Wix provides customer support through various channels, including email, phone, and online resources like help articles and video tutorials.
- Visual Builder: Divi’s visual builder allows users to quickly and easily design their website without needing to write any code. The builder is drag-and-drop, so users can simply drag and drop elements onto their page to create their desired layout.
- Pre-Made Layouts: Divi comes with a library of over 2,000 premade layouts that users can use to get started quickly and easily. These layouts are fully customizable, so users can change the colors, fonts, and content to match their specific needs.
- Theme Builder: The Theme Builder allows users to customize the look and feel of their entire website, including the header, footer, blog, and WooCommerce pages. This is a powerful feature that gives users complete control over the design of their website.
- Advanced Customization Options: Divi offers a wide range of advanced customization options that allow users to fine-tune the look and feel of their website. These options include the ability to change the typography, colors, spacing, and more.
- Modular Design: Divi uses a modular design, which means that each element on a page is a separate module. This makes it easy to add, remove, and rearrange elements on a page, and it also makes it easier to customize the look and feel of individual elements.
- Responsive Design: Divi is responsive, which means that it will look great on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. This is important for businesses that want their website to be accessible to all users.
- SEO Friendly: Divi is SEO friendly, which means that it is optimized for search engines. This can help businesses to improve their website’s ranking in search results, which can lead to more traffic and sales.
Ease of Use
This section focuses on ease of use and how beginner-friendly Wix and Divi are.
When comparing the drag-and-drop interface and ease of use of Wix and Divi, both platforms offer user-friendly experiences. Wix‘s interface is intuitive, allowing users to effortlessly build their websites. Divi, on the other hand, provides a more flexible and robust interface with advanced customization options. Overall, Wix edges out Divi in terms of ease of use due to its simplicity and user-friendly design. If you’re looking for a hassle-free website building experience, Wix is the clear winner.
- Intuitive interface: Wix’s user-friendly design empowers users, regardless of technical ability.
- Drag-and-drop editor: Easily construct your site element by element, no coding required.
- Customization: Offers countless customizable templates, enabling unique branding.
- Freedom of design: Place elements anywhere, not restricted to grids or boxes.
- Integrated tools: Variety of in-built tools for SEO, marketing, and analytics.
- Rich media library: An extensive selection of images, videos, and graphics.
- Mobile optimization: Automatically adjusts your site for mobile viewing.
- App Market: Enhance your site’s functionality with numerous third-party apps.
- Wix ADI: Artificial Design Intelligence creates a personalized site just for you.
- 24/7 support: Always available to assist with any challenges.
- Divi offers an intuitive, user-friendly interface, making web design a breeze even for beginners.
- Its real-time visual editing allows you to see changes as you make them, aiding design precision.
- The drag-and-drop feature simplifies website construction; just select an element and place it where you want.
- Divi’s customization capabilities are vast, allowing for unique design tweaks to suit your brand.
- The Divi builder is flexible, facilitating the creation of diverse layouts with ease.
- Divi’s premade layouts can be used as a starting point, reducing design time.
- Its responsive editing features ensure your design looks great on any device.
Templates & Designs
This section looks at the themes of Divi and Wix in terms of in terms of customization, the number of templates, and templates for websites, and e-commerce sites.
Wix and Divi both offer a range of templates and designs for website customization. Wix provides over 500 templates, which include options for both websites and e-commerce stores. These templates can be easily customized using their drag-and-drop editor. On the other hand, Divi offers a smaller selection of templates but provides a higher level of customization through its visual builder. While both platforms offer impressive customization options, Wix takes the lead with a larger number of templates available for different types of websites and e-commerce stores. Therefore, Wix is the overall winner in terms of templates and designs.
- Wix offers over 500 customizable templates.
- Categories include business, photography, online stores.
- All designs are professional and visually appealing.
- Templates support drag-and-drop editing.
- User-friendly interface suitable for non-techies.
- Mobile-optimized designs available.
- Advanced design features like parallax scrolling.
- Option for blank templates for unique designs.
- Free and premium templates on offer.
- Wix ADI creates a template based on your needs.
Types of Templates:
- Online Clothing Store: A stylish e-commerce template designed for fashion and apparel businesses. It features a modern layout, product showcases, and a user-friendly shopping cart.
- Personal Blog: A clean and elegant template tailored for bloggers, featuring a sleek design, customizable post layouts, and social media integration.
- Fitness Studio: Ideal for fitness trainers or gyms, this template offers sections for class schedules, trainer profiles, testimonials, and online class bookings.
- Restaurant & Cafe: A template designed for restaurants and cafes, with a menu display, reservation system, and gallery to showcase the dining experience.
- Portfolio Showcase: Perfect for artists and creatives, this template highlights your work with customizable galleries, portfolios, and a visually appealing design.
- Business Consulting: Geared towards consulting firms, this template offers sections for services, team profiles, client testimonials, and a contact form.
- Online Art Store: This e-commerce template is designed for artists to sell their artwork online, featuring a gallery-style layout and a seamless shopping experience.
- Travel Blog: Created for travel enthusiasts, this template includes interactive maps, travel diaries, and stunning visuals to document your adventures.
- Interior Design: Tailored for interior designers, this template showcases design projects, offers a portfolio gallery, and provides contact options for potential clients.
- Tech Gadgets Store: An e-commerce template for tech stores, featuring a sleek design, product displays, customer reviews, and an integrated checkout process.
- Divi offers customizable, user-friendly templates.
- Over 800 pre-made designs for various industries.
- 100+ complete website packs for streamlined creation.
- Elements include headers, footers, and content modules.
- Designs can be adapted to any website type.
- Features for customizing fonts, colors, and layouts.
- Divi offers interactive design and responsive editing.
Types of Templates:
- Blog: Divi comes with a number of pre-made blog layouts that users can use to create a beautiful and professional blog. These layouts are fully customizable, so users can change the colors, fonts, and content to match their specific needs.
- Business: Divi has a number of premade business layouts that users can use to create a website for their business. These layouts are perfect for businesses of all sizes, and they can be customized to match the specific needs of the business.
- E-commerce: Divi is a great choice for businesses that want to sell products online. Divi comes with a number of pre-made WooCommerce layouts that users can use to create a beautiful and functional e-commerce store.
- Landing Page: Divi is a great choice for businesses that want to create landing pages. Divi comes with a number of pre-made landing page layouts that users can use to create a high-converting landing page for their business.
- Personal: Divi can also be used to create personal websites. Divi comes with a number of pre-made personal website layouts that users can use to create a beautiful and professional website for themselves.
- Portfolio: Divi has a number of pre-made portfolio layouts that users can use to showcase their work. These layouts are perfect for creative professionals, such as photographers, designers, and artists.
- Creative: Divi has a number of pre-made creative layouts that users can use to create unique and eye-catching websites. These layouts are perfect for businesses that want to stand out from the crowd.
- Non-profit: Divi has a number of pre-made non-profit layouts that users can use to create websites for charities and other organizations. These layouts are designed to be simple and easy to use, while still being effective in communicating the organization’s mission.
Apps & Integrations
This section explores what apps, plugins, and integrations Wix and Divi come with.
When it comes to apps, plugins, and integrations, both Wix and Divi offer a range of options to enhance your website’s functionality. Wix has a marketplace with over 250 apps, including popular choices like Wix Stores and Wix Bookings. Divi, on the other hand, is built on WordPress and allows you to take advantage of the vast plugin library available for the platform. While both platforms offer great options, Wix takes the lead in this category with its user-friendly app marketplace and seamless integrations. Overall, Wix is the winner when it comes to apps, plugins, and integrations.
- Wix Bookings: A powerful tool for scheduling appointments, classes, and services directly from your Wix website. It offers booking management, calendar integration, and payment options.
- Wix Forms: Create custom forms for various purposes, such as contact forms, surveys, event registrations, and more. Collect data and interact with your website visitors seamlessly.
- Wix Stores: Transform your website into an online store with features like product listings, shopping carts, secure checkout, inventory management, and order tracking.
- Wix Blog: Add a feature-rich blog to your website, complete with customizable post layouts, commenting, social sharing, and scheduling options.
- Wix Forum: Create a community hub with a discussion forum where users can engage in conversations, share ideas, and interact with each other.
- Wix Chat: Enable real-time communication with your visitors through a live chat feature, allowing you to provide instant support and answer questions.
- Wix SEO Wiz: Improve your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) with tools that help you optimize content, meta tags, keywords, and other elements to increase visibility on search engines.
- Wix Social Media Streams: Display your social media feeds directly on your website to keep visitors engaged and connected with your social channels.
- Wix Video: Showcase and share videos on your website, whether they’re promotional videos, tutorials, vlogs, or any other type of video content.
- Wix Events: Create and promote events on your website, allowing visitors to RSVP, purchase tickets, and stay updated on event details.
- Divi Booster: Divi Booster is a plugin that adds a number of additional features to Divi, such as the ability to create custom layouts, add more modules, and customize the look and feel of the theme.
- Divi Switch: Divi Switch is a plugin that allows you to switch between different Divi layouts on the same page. This is a great way to create different experiences for different users or to change the layout of your website depending on the device that is being used.
- Aspen Footer Editor: Aspen Footer Editor is a plugin that allows you to customize the footer of your Divi website. This is a great way to add your own branding or to add social media links to your footer.
- Custom Fullwidth Header Extended Module: Custom Fullwidth Header Extended Module is a plugin that adds a number of additional features to the Divi header module, such as the ability to add a background image or video, add social media links, and more.
- Page Builder Everywhere: Page Builder Everywhere is a plugin that allows you to use the Divi builder on any page in your WordPress site, not just the front page. This is a great way to create custom layouts for your blog posts, pages, and WooCommerce products.
This section explores the strengths and weaknesses of the customer support provided by Wix versus Divi.
When it comes to customer support, both Wix and Divi offer reliable assistance. Wix provides 24/7 live chat and phone support, ensuring prompt solutions to your queries. Divi, on the other hand, offers ticket-based support, with responses typically within 24 hours. While both platforms offer sufficient support, Wix edges out Divi with its live chat and phone options, providing a more immediate and personalized experience. Therefore, Wix is the overall winner in terms of customer support.
- Help Center: Wix offers an extensive online Help Center with a wide range of articles, tutorials, guides, and FAQs to assist users in navigating and using the platform effectively.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Wix provides customer support around the clock, allowing users to get assistance at any time, regardless of their location.
- Phone Support: Users can reach out to Wix’s support team via phone for personalized assistance and guidance.
- Email Support: Wix offers email support, allowing users to send inquiries and receive responses from the support team.
- Ticketing System: Some plans include access to a ticketing system, where users can submit specific requests or issues for resolution by the support team.
- Community Forum: Wix has a community forum where users can interact with each other, share tips, ask questions, and seek advice from fellow Wix users.
- Premium Support Plans: Wix offers premium support plans for users who want priority assistance, faster response times, and dedicated support.
- Video Tutorials: Wix provides a library of video tutorials covering various topics, allowing users to learn visually and follow step-by-step instructions.
- Webinars and Workshops: Wix occasionally hosts webinars and workshops on topics related to website building, design, marketing, and more.
- Wix Blog: Wix maintains a blog that often features informative articles, updates, and tips to help users make the most of their website-building experience.
- Social Media Channels: Wix is active on various social media platforms, where users can follow for updates, announcements, and even reach out for assistance.
- In-Editor Help: The Wix editor includes in-app tooltips, explanations, and prompts to guide users as they build and customize their websites.
- 24/7 Live Chat: The Divi live chat support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This means that users can get help with their questions and problems at any time, no matter where they are in the world. The live chat team is very knowledgeable and helpful, and they are always willing to go the extra mile to help users resolve their issues.
- Email Support: Email Support: The Divi email support team is also very responsive. Users can expect to receive a reply to their email within 24 hours. The email support team is also very knowledgeable and helpful, and they are always willing to go the extra mile to help users resolve their issues.
- Knowledge Base: The Divi knowledge base is a comprehensive resource that covers a wide range of topics related to Divi Website Builder. The knowledge base is well-organized and easy to use, and it includes articles, videos, and tutorials on a variety of topics. The knowledge base is a great resource for users who want to learn more about Divi or who need help with a specific problem.
- Community Forum: Divi has a vibrant community forum where users can ask questions, share tips, and collaborate with other Divi users. This is a great resource for users who want to get help from other Divi users.
- Video Tutorials: Divi offers a number of video tutorials that cover a wide range of topics related to Divi Website Builder. These tutorials are a great way for users to learn how to use Divi and to troubleshoot problems.
Check out how Wix and Divi stack up against other website builder tools on the market.
- Divi vs WordPress
- Divi vs Yola
- Wix vs Site123
- Divi vs Square Online
- Divi vs HostGator
- Wix vs Landingi
- Divi vs Google Sites
- Divi vs PageCloud
- Wix vs ClickFunnels
- Divi vs Bluehost
- Wix vs PageCloud
- Divi vs Web.com
- Divi vs Simvoly
- Divi vs Hostinger
- Wix vs GoDaddy
- Wix vs Duda
- Wix vs SiteGround
- Wix vs Sellfy
- Wix vs Tilda
- Divi vs Duda
- Wix vs IONOS
- Wix vs Unbounce
- Wix vs Square Online
- Divi vs Pixpa
- Wix vs Strikingly
- Wix vs Webnode
- Shopify vs Divi
- Wix vs WooCommerce
- Divi vs Webnode
- Webflow vs Divi
- Divi vs Leadpages
- Wix vs Leadpages
- Wix vs One.com
- Divi vs IONOS
- Divi vs Site123
- Wix vs Ecwid
- Wix vs Pixpa
- Wix vs Divi
- Divi vs WooCommerce
- Wix vs HostGator
- Wix vs Elementor
- Divi vs Strikingly
- Divi vs Sellfy
- Divi vs ClickFunnels
- Wix vs Weebly
- Divi vs SiteGround
- Squarespace vs Divi
- Divi vs Ecwid
- Wix vs Instapage
- Wix vs Webflow
- Divi vs Weebly
- Wix vs Hostinger
- Wix vs Shopify
- GoDaddy vs Divi
- Divi vs Instapage
- Wix vs Web.com
- Wix vs Simvoly
- Wix vs Bluehost
- Divi vs Unbounce
- Divi vs One.com
- Wix vs Yola
- Divi vs Jimdo
- Divi vs Landingi
- Divi vs Tilda
- Wix vs Google Sites
- Wix vs Jimdo