Welcome to our comprehensive comparison of Web.com vs Strikingly, two leading website building platforms. We’ll delve into their features, ease of use, pricing, and more, to help you make an informed decision for your online presence. Let’s get started!
Web.com and Strikingly are both website builders that cater to individuals and businesses looking to create a professional online presence. Web.com offers a range of features, including customizable templates, e-commerce functionality, and SEO tools. Strikingly, on the other hand, focuses on simplicity and ease of use, allowing users to create sleek, mobile-responsive websites in minutes. Both platforms offer customer support, but Web.com provides more advanced features and customization options, making it suitable for larger businesses, while Strikingly is perfect for individuals or small businesses looking for a quick and easy solution.
Free Plan: Yes
Free Trial: Yes
Price: From $6 per month
Official website: www.strikingly.com
Strikingly is best suited for individuals, entrepreneurs, and small businesses looking for a user-friendly platform to create and manage simple, stylish, and mobile-optimized websites with no coding required.
Web.com has been a game-changer for my online presence. Their website design services are top-notch, and customer support is always reliable and responsive. Highly recommend for anyone seeking to boost their business digitally. – Harper L
Strikingly offers an intuitive and user-friendly platform for website creation. High-quality templates and excellent customer service make it a top choice. It’s perfect for beginners and pros alike. Highly recommend for seamless, striking website design! – George Q
Solid platform, user-friendly tools. Web.com offers excellent support, quick response time. Slight room for enhancement, but overall, very satisfying! – Ayesha
Strikingly offers intuitive design, rich templates, and excellent customer support. A few glitches, but overall a solid website builder. – Amelia
Web.com provided excellent service. Their user-friendly interface, robust features, and responsive customer support made building my website a breeze. Highly recommend for seamless online business establishment. – Elif
Strikingly exceeded my expectations! User-friendly interface, stunning templates, and excellent customer support. Made website creation a breeze. Highly recommended for stress-free, professional results. Great value for money. – Sophia
Pros & Cons
This section explores the strengths and weaknesses of these two website builders.
Web.com and Strikingly are both popular website builders, but they have some key differences. Web.com offers a wide range of features and customization options, making it suitable for businesses of all sizes. However, it can be overwhelming for beginners and lacks some advanced features. On the other hand, Strikingly is incredibly easy to use with its simple drag-and-drop editor, but it may feel limited for more complex websites. Overall, Web.com is the better choice for its versatility and advanced features, making it suitable for both individuals and businesses.
- User-Friendly Interface: The builder often offers an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that is user-friendly, making it accessible for individuals with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Template Variety: Web.com might provide a range of professionally designed templates catering to different industries and purposes, helping users get started quickly.
- E-commerce Features: The builder may offer e-commerce functionality, allowing users to set up online stores, manage products, and handle transactions.
- Customer Support: Web.com might provide multiple avenues for customer support, such as live chat, email, and phone support, assisting users with technical issues and inquiries.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Websites created with Web.com’s builder might be optimized for mobile devices, ensuring a consistent user experience across various screen sizes.
- SEO Tools: The builder might offer basic search engine optimization tools or guidance to help users improve their website’s visibility on search engines.
- Integration Possibilities: Web.com’s builder might allow integration with third-party tools and services, enhancing website functionality with features like social media, analytics, and more.
- Security Features: Basic security measures like SSL certificates and data backups might be included, helping protect users’ websites and sensitive information.
- No Coding Required: Users may not need coding skills to build and manage a website using the builder, thanks to its drag-and-drop functionality.
- Scalability: Depending on the plan, Web.com’s builder might offer scalability, allowing users to upgrade their plans as their websites grow and their needs change.
- Customization Limitations: While templates can be customized, users might encounter limitations in terms of design flexibility and advanced customization options.
- Limited Advanced Features: The builder might lack advanced features that more experienced users or larger businesses may require for complex websites.
- Lock-In: Websites built on Web.com’s platform might face challenges if users want to migrate to another platform in the future, potentially leading to vendor lock-in.
- Template Constraints: Users might experience restrictions in template layout and structure, potentially affecting their ability to achieve a highly unique design.
- Cost Considerations: Depending on the plan and additional features, costs can add up over time, especially as users’ websites grow and require more resources.
- Performance: Depending on factors like hosting and server infrastructure, websites built using the builder might experience performance limitations compared to custom-built sites.
- Learning Curve: While user-friendly, there might still be a learning curve for beginners, especially those unfamiliar with website-building concepts.
- Limited Blogging Features: The blogging functionality might be basic compared to dedicated blogging platforms or content management systems.
- Template Similarity: While there may be various templates, some users might find that certain designs look similar or lack true distinctiveness.
- Updates and Evolution: The builder’s features and technology might not always evolve as rapidly as standalone platforms or content management systems.
- Ease of Use: Strikingly offers a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface, making it accessible for beginners with little to no coding experience.
- Mobile-Responsive Design: All Strikingly templates are designed to be responsive, ensuring your website looks good and functions well on various devices.
- Quick Setup: You can have a basic website up and running in a relatively short amount of time due to the streamlined design process.
- One-Page Websites: Strikingly is well-suited for creating simple, one-page websites or landing pages for specific purposes.
- Template Designs: The platform provides a range of professionally designed templates across different categories, allowing you to find a style that fits your needs.
- E-Commerce Integration: Strikingly offers e-commerce functionality, enabling you to set up an online store and sell products.
- Domain Registration: You can register a new domain through Strikingly or connect an existing domain to your site.
- SSL Security: Strikingly provides SSL certificates to secure data transmission between your website and visitors.
- Customer Support: Strikingly offers customer support through various channels, including live chat, email, and a help center.
- App Integrations: The platform supports integration with third-party apps and plugins to enhance your website’s functionality.
- Limited Customization: While the drag-and-drop interface is user-friendly, it might be limiting for users who want more advanced customization options or specific design tweaks.
- Template Restrictions: The templates, while visually appealing, can sometimes impose design constraints that may not align with your exact vision.
- Scalability: Strikingly might be less suitable for larger or more complex websites with extensive content or intricate structures.
- E-Commerce Limitations: While it offers e-commerce, Strikingly’s e-commerce capabilities might be less comprehensive compared to dedicated e-commerce platforms.
- SEO Constraints: The level of SEO customization and optimization might be less robust compared to other website builders or content management systems.
- Integration Limitations: While there are third-party integrations available, the range might be more limited compared to platforms with extensive app marketplaces.
- Membership Features: While Strikingly offers membership features, these might be basic and might not fulfill advanced membership site needs.
- Platform Lock-in: Transferring your website from Strikingly to another platform could potentially be challenging due to proprietary design elements.
Website Building Features
This section compares the overall features of Web.com vs Strikingly.
When comparing Web.com and Strikingly, both platforms offer a user-friendly drag and drop interface for easy website creation. However, Strikingly stands out with its modern, sleek templates and designs, giving your site a professional look. In terms of value for money, Strikingly offers more affordable pricing plans compared to Web.com. Both platforms provide basic SEO features, but Strikingly offers more advanced options for optimizing your website. When it comes to email marketing, Strikingly offers built-in tools, while Web.com requires integration with third-party services. In terms of security, both platforms prioritize protecting your data. While both platforms offer support, Strikingly has a more responsive customer service team. Overall, Strikingly emerges as the winner due to its affordability, sleek designs, and advanced SEO options.
- User-Friendly Interface: Web.com’s website builder usually offers an intuitive and user-friendly interface, making it easy for both beginners and experienced users to create and manage websites.
- Templates and Design Options: The builder typically provides a variety of professionally designed templates and customizable design options, allowing users to create visually appealing websites tailored to their brand or business.
- Drag-and-Drop Functionality: Most website builders, including Web.com, often feature a drag-and-drop editor that enables users to easily add and arrange elements (text, images, videos, forms, etc.) on web pages without needing to know coding.
- Responsive Design: Websites created using Web.com’s builder are often optimized for different screen sizes and devices, ensuring a seamless browsing experience on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Custom Domain Names: Users can typically connect their custom domain names to the websites they build, giving their online presence a professional and branded appearance.
- E-Commerce Integration: Web.com’s website builder may offer tools to create online stores, add product listings, set up shopping carts, and manage transactions, making it suitable for e-commerce businesses.
- SEO Tools: Search engine optimization (SEO) features might be included, helping users optimize their website content for better search engine visibility and rankings.
- Analytics and Reporting: The builder may come with built-in analytics tools to track website performance, user engagement, and other important metrics.
- Social Media Integration: Integration with social media platforms could allow users to easily share content from their website to various social channels.
- Security Features: Website builders usually provide basic security features like SSL certificates, encryption, and backups to help protect users’ websites and data.
- Blog Integration: Users may be able to create and manage blogs, adding articles and posts to engage their audience and improve website traffic.
- Customer Support: Web.com’s website builder might offer customer support, which could include tutorials, guides, and possibly direct assistance to help users with any issues they encounter while building and maintaining their websites.
- Easy-to-Use Interface: Strikingly offers a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface that makes it simple for users with little to no technical skills to build a website.
- Mobile-Responsive Design: All templates provided by Strikingly are designed to be responsive, ensuring that your website looks great and functions well on various devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Customizable Templates: Strikingly provides a range of professionally designed templates that you can customize to suit your brand or personal style.
- Domain Registration: You can register a new domain or connect an existing domain to your Strikingly website.
- E-Commerce Integration: For those looking to sell products online, Strikingly offers e-commerce functionality, allowing you to set up an online store with product listings, shopping carts, and payment gateways.
- Blogging Tools: Strikingly includes blogging capabilities, enabling you to create and manage a blog directly on your website.
- Social Media Integration: You can easily integrate your social media profiles and feeds into your Strikingly website.
- SEO Optimization: Strikingly provides tools and features to optimize your website for search engines, helping you improve your online visibility.
- Analytics and Insights: You can integrate website analytics tools to track visitor data and gain insights into your website’s performance.
- Membership and User Registration: Strikingly allows you to create membership-based websites with user registration and login features.
- App Integrations: The platform offers integrations with third-party apps and services, allowing you to add extra functionality to your website.
Ease of Use
This section focuses on ease of use and how beginner-friendly Web.com and Strikingly are.
When it comes to a drag-and-drop interface and ease of use, Strikingly clearly outshines Web.com. Strikingly‘s user-friendly platform allows even beginners to effortlessly create stunning websites. Its intuitive interface and simple navigation make designing a breeze. On the other hand, Web.com‘s interface can be clunky and overwhelming, making it difficult for users to quickly build a professional website. Therefore, the overall winner in terms of ease of use and drag-and-drop functionality is Strikingly.
- User-friendly interface makes navigating Web.com a breeze.
- Drag-and-drop functionality simplifies website building; no coding required.
- Customization is effortless with a wide selection of templates and design elements.
- Advanced settings are provided for more tech-savvy users, but aren’t necessary for a great site.
- Easily add or modify content with intuitive editing tools.
- Seamless integration of multimedia elements enhances website appeal.
- Previewing changes is straightforward before making them live.
- Features like SEO tools are easily accessible, enhancing your website’s online presence.
- Ongoing website management is efficient due to the platform’s organized dashboard.
- Web.com offers robust customer support, further easing the user experience.
- Intuitive interface: Strikingly’s clean, user-friendly design makes website building a breeze.
- No coding required: Users can easily create professional-looking sites without any technical knowledge.
- Drag-and-drop feature: This functionality simplifies the design process, enabling quick rearrangement of elements on a page.
- Customizable templates: Strikingly boasts a wide array of customizable themes to fit any brand or purpose.
- Seamless editing: Real-time editing allows users to see changes as they happen, enhancing the design experience.
- Clear instructions: The platform provides straightforward guidance, making the building process smooth.
- Flexibility: Strikingly caters to all, from personal blogs to e-commerce sites, with its diverse tool set.
Templates & Designs
This section looks at the themes of Strikingly and Web.com in terms of in terms of customization, the number of templates, and templates for websites, and e-commerce sites.
When it comes to templates and designs, both Web.com and Strikingly offer a decent range of options. However, Strikingly takes the lead in terms of customization. Its templates are highly flexible, allowing you to personalize nearly every aspect of your website or e-commerce store. With Web.com, customization options are more limited. In terms of quantity, Web.com offers a larger selection of templates for both websites and e-commerce sites. But, when it comes to quality and customization, Strikingly is the clear winner. Its user-friendly interface and intuitive design tools make it a top choice for individuals and businesses looking for a stunning and unique online presence.
- Offers customizable website templates
- Provides varied design categories like eCommerce, blogs, portfolios
- Features industry-specific themes for businesses
- Includes responsive designs for mobile optimization
- Offers logo design services
- Provides SEO-friendly template designs
- Includes drag-and-drop web builder for design flexibility
- Offers professional web design services for custom needs.
Types of Templates:
- Business and Corporate: Professional and sleek designs tailored for businesses, consulting firms, and corporate entities.
- Online Stores: E-commerce-focused templates with product showcases, shopping carts, and checkout functionalities for online retail businesses.
- Portfolio and Creative: Templates designed for artists, photographers, designers, and creative professionals to showcase their work.
- Restaurant and Food: Designs catering to restaurants, cafes, and food-related businesses, often featuring menus and reservation systems.
- Health and Wellness: Templates suitable for healthcare practitioners, fitness trainers, wellness centers, and medical professionals.
- Event and Wedding: Designs for event planners, wedding websites, and other special occasions, often featuring RSVP and event details.
- Technology and IT: Templates with a modern and tech-oriented look, suitable for software companies, IT services, and tech startups.
- Real Estate: Designs tailored for real estate agents, property listings, and realty businesses, often including property search features.
- Travel and Hospitality: Templates for travel agencies, hotels, resorts, and tourism-related businesses, with features like booking forms.
- Fashion and Beauty: Designs catering to fashion boutiques, beauty salons, cosmetics, and lifestyle brands.
- Strikingly offers modern, responsive templates.
- Wide array of design options for all sectors.
- Customizable layouts for personal touch.
- Designs offer seamless navigation experience.
- E-commerce ready templates available.
- Blogging and portfolio designs offered.
- Event and product launch templates.
- Social media integration options.
- SEO-friendly designs for better visibility.
- Unique one-page website designs.
Types of Templates:
- Business and Corporate Templates: These templates are suitable for businesses, startups, and corporate websites. They often feature professional designs with sections for showcasing services, portfolios, team members, and client testimonials.
- Portfolio and Creative Templates: Designed for artists, designers, photographers, and other creatives, these templates emphasize visual appeal and provide spaces for displaying your work in an organized manner.
- Personal and Blogging Templates: Ideal for individuals, bloggers, and writers, these templates focus on content presentation and may include different post formats, featured images, and options for social sharing.
- Online Store and E-commerce Templates: Tailored for selling products online, these templates include product listings, shopping carts, checkout processes, and other e-commerce functionalities.
- Event and Wedding Templates: Suitable for creating event websites or wedding invitations, these templates often have sections for event details, RSVP forms, photo galleries, and more.
- App and Software Templates: Geared towards showcasing apps or software products, these templates may include sections for features, screenshots, testimonials, and download links.
- One-Page and Landing Page Templates: These templates are designed to create single-page websites or landing pages with focused content and clear call-to-actions.
- Nonprofit and Charity Templates: Ideal for nonprofit organizations, these templates often highlight causes, donation options, volunteer information, and impact stories.
- Restaurant and Food Templates: Tailored for restaurants, cafes, or food-related businesses, these templates might feature menus, reservation forms, and high-quality images of dishes.
- Travel and Tourism Templates: Suitable for travel agencies, tour operators, or personal travel blogs, these templates often showcase destinations, itineraries, and travel tips.
- Education and Course Templates: Designed for educators, schools, or online course creators, these templates may include sections for course descriptions, enrollment forms, and lesson materials.
- Health and Wellness Templates: Geared towards health practitioners, wellness coaches, or fitness centers, these templates might highlight services, schedules, and client testimonials.
- Real Estate Templates: Tailored for real estate agents or agencies, these templates often include property listings, contact forms, and interactive maps.
Apps & Integrations
This section explores what apps, plugins, and integrations Web.com and Strikingly come with.
When it comes to apps, plugins, and integrations, Web.com offers a wide range of options to enhance your website’s functionality. They have an extensive app store with various tools for e-commerce, marketing, and more. On the other hand, Strikingly focuses more on simplicity and offers a smaller selection of integrations, mainly focused on social media and analytics. While Web.com provides more options, Strikingly‘s streamlined approach can be appealing for those who prefer a straightforward experience. Overall, the winner between Web.com and Strikingly depends on your specific needs. If you require extensive customization and functionality, Web.com is the better choice. However, if simplicity is your priority, Strikingly is a solid option.
- Social Media Integration: Apps that allow you to easily connect and display your social media profiles, feeds, and share buttons on your website.
- E-commerce Tools: Plugins for adding shopping carts, product catalogs, payment gateways, and inventory management to create a full-fledged online store.
- Contact Forms: Plugins that provide customizable contact forms, surveys, and lead generation forms to capture visitor information.
- Analytics and Tracking: Integration with analytics tools like Google Analytics to track website traffic, user behavior, and other important metrics.
- SEO Tools: Plugins that help optimize your website’s content for search engines, including meta tags, sitemaps, and keyword optimization.
- Live Chat: Apps that allow you to add live chat functionality to your website for real-time customer support and engagement.
- Image Galleries and Sliders: Plugins to create interactive image galleries, sliders, and carousels to showcase visual content.
- Email Marketing Integration: Apps that connect your website to email marketing platforms for building and managing subscriber lists and sending newsletters.
- Event Calendars: Plugins for creating and managing event calendars, allowing you to promote and organize events on your website.
- Ecwid: An e-commerce platform that enables you to easily add an online store to your Strikingly website, manage products, inventory, and process payments.
- Eventbrite: Integrate Eventbrite to promote and manage events directly from your Strikingly site, allowing visitors to purchase tickets or register for events.
- SoundCloud: Embed SoundCloud audio tracks or playlists on your website to showcase music, podcasts, or other audio content.
- Google Maps: Integrate Google Maps to display your business location, event venues, or other points of interest with interactive maps.
- OpenTable: Allow visitors to make restaurant reservations directly through your Strikingly website using the OpenTable integration.
- Mailchimp: Integrate Mailchimp to collect email subscribers, send newsletters, and manage your email marketing campaigns.
- LiveChat: Add live chat functionality to your website, enabling real-time communication with visitors and potential customers.
- YouTube and Vimeo: Embed videos from YouTube or Vimeo to showcase video content directly on your site.
- Facebook Pixel: Integrate Facebook Pixel for tracking website visitor behavior and running targeted advertising campaigns on Facebook.
- Google Analytics: Integrate Google Analytics to track and analyze website traffic, user behavior, and other valuable insights.
- Stripe: Enable online payments and transactions through credit cards with the Stripe integration.
- Zapier: Connect Strikingly with other apps and automate workflows using Zapier’s integration capabilities.
- Chatra: Add a live chat widget to your website for instant customer support and interaction.
- Tawk.to: Incorporate another live chat solution to engage with website visitors in real time.
- Disqus: Enable commenting and discussion on your blog posts or content using the Disqus commenting system.
- HubSpot: Integrate HubSpot’s marketing and sales tools to manage leads, customer interactions, and inbound marketing efforts.
This section explores the strengths and weaknesses of the customer support provided by Web.com versus Strikingly.
When it comes to customer support, both Web.com and Strikingly offer reliable assistance. Web.com provides 24/7 phone and chat support, ensuring you have prompt help whenever you need it. On the other hand, Strikingly offers 24/7 email support and live chat during working hours. While both options are helpful, Web.com‘s availability of phone support gives it a slight edge, as it allows for more immediate and direct communication with their support team. Hence, Web.com wins when it comes to customer support.
- Live Chat Support: Instant messaging assistance that allows users to chat with customer support representatives in real-time to get quick answers to their questions or issues.
- Email Support: Users can send emails to a designated support address for inquiries, technical assistance, or troubleshooting help.
- Phone Support: Access to a customer support phone line for users to speak directly with support agents for more personalized assistance.
- Knowledge Base: An online repository of articles, guides, tutorials, and frequently asked questions (FAQs) that users can access for self-help and troubleshooting.
- Video Tutorials: A library of instructional videos that guide users through various aspects of using the website builder, from getting started to advanced features.
- Community Forums: An online community where users can interact, share experiences, ask questions, and receive advice from other users and sometimes even official support staff.
- Ticket System: Users can submit support tickets detailing their issues, and support staff will respond to these tickets with solutions or assistance.
- Social Media Support: Assistance and engagement via social media platforms, where users can ask questions or report issues publicly or through private messages.
- In-App Help: Contextual help and tooltips within the website builder interface, guiding users through different features as they work on their websites.
- Remote Assistance: In some cases, customer support agents may offer remote assistance, where they can access a user’s account (with permission) to directly assist with troubleshooting or resolving issues.
- 24/7 Support: Strikingly provides around-the-clock customer support to address any issues or questions you may have, ensuring that help is available whenever you need it.
- Live Chat: The live chat feature allows you to connect with a support representative in real-time for immediate assistance and guidance.
- Email Support: You can contact Strikingly’s support team via email to receive personalized help and answers to your inquiries.
- Responsive Support: Strikingly’s support team should be responsive to inquiries, ensuring timely assistance for any issues you encounter.
- Ticket System: You might have the option to submit support tickets for specific issues, which allows you to track the progress of your request.
- Social Media: Strikingly may provide support and updates through their official social media channels, offering another way to stay informed and connected.
- Help Center: Strikingly’s help center includes a comprehensive knowledge base with articles, tutorials, and step-by-step guides to assist users in using the website builder effectively.
- Community Forum: Strikingly may offer a community forum where users can interact, ask questions, share tips, and learn from each other’s experiences.
- Video Tutorials: Video tutorials and guides may be available to visually walk you through various tasks and features within the website builder.
- Webinars and Workshops: Strikingly might organize webinars or workshops to provide in-depth training and insights on using their platform effectively.
- In-App Help: The website builder interface may include tooltips, pop-ups, or contextual help to guide you through different features while building your site.
- Feedback and Suggestions: Strikingly may encourage users to provide feedback and suggestions, helping them improve their platform based on user needs.
Check out how Web.com and Strikingly stack up against other website builder tools on the market.
- One.com vs Strikingly
- Simvoly vs Strikingly
- Strikingly vs Tilda
- Square Online vs Strikingly
- Hostinger vs Web.com
- Squarespace vs Strikingly
- Duda vs Web.com
- Elementor vs Strikingly
- Unbounce vs Web.com
- HostGator vs Strikingly
- Web.com vs Sellfy
- Web.com vs Strikingly
- Hostinger vs Strikingly
- Strikingly vs Yola
- WooCommerce vs Web.com
- Weebly vs Strikingly
- ClickFunnels vs Web.com
- Weebly vs Web.com
- GoDaddy vs Strikingly
- HostGator vs Web.com
- Web.com vs Google Sites
- Landingi vs Strikingly
- Bluehost vs Strikingly
- IONOS vs Web.com
- ClickFunnels vs Strikingly
- Webflow vs Strikingly
- SiteGround vs Web.com
- Shopify vs Web.com
- PageCloud vs Strikingly
- Strikingly vs Webnode
- Leadpages vs Strikingly
- Duda vs Strikingly
- Webflow vs Web.com
- Site123 vs Strikingly
- Bluehost vs Web.com
- Jimdo vs Strikingly
- Pixpa vs Strikingly
- Instapage vs Web.com
- GoDaddy vs Web.com
- Strikingly vs Google Sites
- Wix vs Strikingly
- Unbounce vs Strikingly
- Web.com vs One.com
- Web.com vs Tilda
- Web.com vs Yola
- Instapage vs Strikingly
- Divi vs Web.com
- WooCommerce vs Strikingly
- Web.com vs Ecwid
- Web.com vs PageCloud
- Pixpa vs Web.com
- Divi vs Strikingly
- Site123 vs Web.com
- WordPress vs Web.com
- Shopify vs Strikingly
- Strikingly vs Sellfy
- Ecwid vs Strikingly
- Landingi vs Web.com
- Web.com vs Webnode
- Elementor vs Web.com
- WordPress vs Strikingly
- Wix vs Web.com
- Simvoly vs Web.com
- Square Online vs Web.com
- Squarespace vs Web.com
- IONOS vs Strikingly
- Web.com vs Jimdo
- Leadpages vs Web.com
- SiteGround vs Strikingly