Are you stuck choosing between Divi and HostGator Website Builder? In this article, we’ll compare the key features, ease of use, customization options, pricing plans, and customer support of these two popular website builders. Let’s dive into the Divi vs HostGator Website Builder comparison to help you make an informed decision.
Divi is a powerful drag-and-drop website builder that allows users to create stunning websites without any coding skills. With its user-friendly interface and extensive customization options, Divi is a great choice for individuals and businesses looking to build a professional website. On the other hand, HostGator offers an all-in-one website builder that includes hosting services, making it a convenient option for beginners. While Divi offers more advanced features and flexibility, HostGator provides a simpler solution for those who want an easy-to-use website builder.
Free Plan: No
Free Trial: No (but has refund policy)
Price: From $89 per year
Official website: www.elegantthemes.com
Divi is best suited for non-tech savvy individuals, small-to-medium businesses, freelancers, and agencies looking for a user-friendly, customizable, and visually appealing WordPress theme and builder.
Free Plan: No
Free Trial: No (but has refund policy)
Price: From $2.75 per month
Official website: www.hostgator.com
HostGator Website Builder is best suited for beginners and small businesses looking for an easy-to-use, affordable solution to create and manage their own websites.
Divi is an outstanding platform – intuitive and versatile. It’s revolutionized my web design process, offering seamless functionality and beautiful templates. Exceptional customer support too. Highly recommend Divi for both beginners and seasoned developers. – Maria R
HostGator Website Builder offers an excellent, user-friendly service. Their intuitive interface, diverse templates, and 24/7 customer support make building websites a breeze. A great tool for beginners and professionals alike. Highly recommended! – William C
Divi’s intuitive interface delivers. User-friendly for beginners, yet robust for developers. Minor learning curve, but overall, a great WordPress theme builder. – Emma
Efficient and user-friendly. HostGator’s Website Builder provides excellent tools, making web design a breeze. Minor improvements needed, but highly recommended. – Liam
Divi has revolutionized website design with its intuitive builder. Excellent customer support, robust features, and sleek designs. A game-changer for both beginners and seasoned developers. Highly recommend. – Charlotte NYC
HostGator Website Builder is impressively user-friendly, offering top-notch features and excellent customer service. It’s perfect for beginners and experts alike. Highly recommended for smooth, hassle-free website creation. – Elizabeth O
Pros & Cons
This section explores the strengths and weaknesses of these two website builders.
Divi is a powerful website builder with a drag-and-drop interface, making it easy for beginners to create stunning websites. It offers a wide range of customization options and a large library of pre-designed templates. However, it requires a WordPress installation and can be overwhelming for non-tech-savvy users.HostGator, on the other hand, is a reliable web hosting provider with excellent customer support and affordable pricing plans. It offers a user-friendly website builder with customizable templates and e-commerce functionality. However, it lacks some advanced customization options available in Divi.Overall, Divi is the winner for its advanced customization options and stunning templates. HostGator is a great choice for those seeking reliable hosting with a user-friendly website builder.
- Powerful and versatile: Divi is a very powerful and versatile tool that can be used to create any type of website imaginable. It is a great choice for businesses of all sizes, as well as for personal websites.
- Easy to use: Divi is very easy to use, even for beginners. The visual builder makes it easy to drag and drop elements onto your page to create your desired layout.
- Wide range of features: Divi comes with a wide range of features, including a drag-and-drop visual builder, a library of pre-made layouts, and a powerful theme builder.
- Responsive design: Divi is responsive, which means that it will look great on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- SEO friendly: Divi is SEO friendly, which means that it is optimized for search engines. This can help businesses to improve their website’s ranking in search results, which can lead to more traffic and sales.
- Good customer support: Divi offers 24/7 live chat support, email support, a knowledge base, a community forum, and video tutorials. This means that users can get help with their questions and problems at any time.
- Can be expensive: Divi is not the cheapest page builder on the market. It offers a yearly subscription plan and a lifetime subscription plan.
- Can be slow: Divi can be slow on some websites, especially those with a lot of content or images.
- Can be complex: Divi can be complex for beginners to learn. There is a lot of functionality to learn, and the visual builder can be overwhelming at first.
- Not as customizable as some other page builders: Divi is not as customizable as some other page builders, such as Elementor. This is because Divi uses a modular system, which means that each element on a page is a separate module. This makes it difficult to make changes to the overall look and feel of the website.
- Easy to use: HostGator Website Builder is very easy to use, even for people with no experience in website design. The drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to create and customize your website without any coding knowledge.
- Affordable: HostGator Website Builder is very affordable, especially when compared to other website builders. The Starter plan starts at just $3.46 per month, and it includes all the features you need to create a professional-looking website.
- Free domain: When you sign up for a HostGator website builder plan, you get a free domain name for the first year. This can save you a lot of money, as domain names can typically cost $10-20 per year.
- Free SSL certificate: All HostGator website builder plans include a free SSL certificate. This encrypts your website traffic and protects your visitors’ data.
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage: HostGator website builder plans include unlimited bandwidth and storage. This means you can create a website as large as you want without having to worry about running out of space or bandwidth.
- 24/7/365 support: HostGator offers 24/7/365 support for their website builder. This means you can get help with any problems you encounter, no matter what time of day or night it is.
- Limited features: HostGator Website Builder does not offer as many features as some other website builders. For example, it does not offer a built-in blog or ecommerce platform.
- No custom coding: HostGator Website Builder is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, which means you cannot add custom code to your website. This can be a limitation if you need to add specific functionality to your website.
- No mobile app: HostGator Website Builder does not offer a mobile app, so you cannot manage your website from your phone or tablet.
- Customer support can be slow: Sometimes, customer support can be slow to respond to requests. This can be frustrating if you are experiencing a problem with your website.
Website Building Features
This section compares the overall features of Divi vs HostGator Website Builder.
Divi and HostGator Website Builder are both popular options for creating websites with a user-friendly drag and drop interface. Divi stands out with its impressive library of customizable templates and designs, offering more options for creativity. It also provides excellent value for money, as it is a one-time payment for lifetime access. Divi‘s SEO features are robust, allowing users to optimize their site for search engines easily. HostGator Website Builder offers basic SEO capabilities but lacks the depth and flexibility of Divi. When it comes to email marketing, Divi integrates seamlessly with popular platforms, while HostGator offers limited options. In terms of security, both platforms provide adequate measures. Divi has a vibrant community and extensive support resources, while HostGator offers reliable customer support. Overall, Divi emerges as the winner due to its extensive customization options, value for money, and SEO capabilities.
- Visual Builder: Divi’s visual builder allows users to quickly and easily design their website without needing to write any code. The builder is drag-and-drop, so users can simply drag and drop elements onto their page to create their desired layout.
- Pre-Made Layouts: Divi comes with a library of over 2,000 premade layouts that users can use to get started quickly and easily. These layouts are fully customizable, so users can change the colors, fonts, and content to match their specific needs.
- Theme Builder: The Theme Builder allows users to customize the look and feel of their entire website, including the header, footer, blog, and WooCommerce pages. This is a powerful feature that gives users complete control over the design of their website.
- Advanced Customization Options: Divi offers a wide range of advanced customization options that allow users to fine-tune the look and feel of their website. These options include the ability to change the typography, colors, spacing, and more.
- Modular Design: Divi uses a modular design, which means that each element on a page is a separate module. This makes it easy to add, remove, and rearrange elements on a page, and it also makes it easier to customize the look and feel of individual elements.
- Responsive Design: Divi is responsive, which means that it will look great on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. This is important for businesses that want their website to be accessible to all users.
- SEO Friendly: Divi is SEO friendly, which means that it is optimized for search engines. This can help businesses to improve their website’s ranking in search results, which can lead to more traffic and sales.
- Drag-and-drop editor: The drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to create and customize your website without any coding knowledge.
- 150+ mobile-optimized templates: There are over 150 mobile-optimized templates to choose from, so you can create a website that looks great on any device.
- Free domain: When you sign up for a HostGator website builder plan, you get a free domain name for the first year.
- Free SSL: All HostGator website builder plans include a free SSL certificate, which encrypts your website traffic and protects your visitors’ data.
- Unlimited appointments: You can create unlimited appointments on your website, so you can easily schedule meetings with customers or clients.
- Online payments & deposits: You can accept online payments and deposits on your website, so you can make it easy for customers to pay for your products or services.
- Unlimited products & categories: If you’re selling products on your website, you can have unlimited products and categories.
- 24/7/365 support: HostGator offers 24/7/365 support for their website builder, so you can get help with any problems you encounter.
- SEO tools: HostGator Website Builder includes a number of SEO tools to help you optimize your website for search engines.
- Social media integration: You can easily integrate your website with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Analytics: HostGator Website Builder provides analytics reports so you can track the performance of your website.
- Backups: HostGator Website Builder automatically backs up your website daily, so you don’t have to worry about losing your data.
Ease of Use
This section focuses on ease of use and how beginner-friendly Divi and HostGator Website Builder are.
- Divi offers an intuitive, user-friendly interface, making web design a breeze even for beginners.
- Its real-time visual editing allows you to see changes as you make them, aiding design precision.
- The drag-and-drop feature simplifies website construction; just select an element and place it where you want.
- Divi’s customization capabilities are vast, allowing for unique design tweaks to suit your brand.
- The Divi builder is flexible, facilitating the creation of diverse layouts with ease.
- Divi’s premade layouts can be used as a starting point, reducing design time.
- Its responsive editing features ensure your design looks great on any device.
- Intuitive interface makes navigation simple, reducing learning curve.
- Drag-and-drop feature simplifies website creation, no coding knowledge required.
- Variety of templates provide a solid starting point for customization.
- Extensive customization options allow for unique, personalized design.
- Easy-to-use tools for editing text, images, and links.
- Seamless integration with e-commerce platforms for quick online store setup.
- Functionality for SEO optimization built-in, enhancing online visibility.
- Mobile-friendly design options ensure optimal user experience on all devices.
- Live preview feature enables real-time design adjustments.
- One-click publishing makes taking your website live a breeze.
Templates & Designs
This section looks at the themes of HostGator Website Builder and Divi in terms of in terms of customization, the number of templates, and templates for websites, and e-commerce sites.
Divi and HostGator Website Builder both offer a good range of templates and designs for customization. Divi stands out with its extensive collection of over 800 pre-designed templates, covering a wide range of industries and styles for both websites and e-commerce sites. HostGator, on the other hand, offers a more limited selection of templates, but they are still visually appealing and customizable. Overall, Divi takes the lead in terms of the number and variety of templates available, making it the winner in this category.
- Divi offers customizable, user-friendly templates.
- Over 800 pre-made designs for various industries.
- 100+ complete website packs for streamlined creation.
- Elements include headers, footers, and content modules.
- Designs can be adapted to any website type.
- Features for customizing fonts, colors, and layouts.
- Divi offers interactive design and responsive editing.
Types of Templates:
- Blog: Divi comes with a number of pre-made blog layouts that users can use to create a beautiful and professional blog. These layouts are fully customizable, so users can change the colors, fonts, and content to match their specific needs.
- Business: Divi has a number of premade business layouts that users can use to create a website for their business. These layouts are perfect for businesses of all sizes, and they can be customized to match the specific needs of the business.
- E-commerce: Divi is a great choice for businesses that want to sell products online. Divi comes with a number of pre-made WooCommerce layouts that users can use to create a beautiful and functional e-commerce store.
- Landing Page: Divi is a great choice for businesses that want to create landing pages. Divi comes with a number of pre-made landing page layouts that users can use to create a high-converting landing page for their business.
- Personal: Divi can also be used to create personal websites. Divi comes with a number of pre-made personal website layouts that users can use to create a beautiful and professional website for themselves.
- Portfolio: Divi has a number of pre-made portfolio layouts that users can use to showcase their work. These layouts are perfect for creative professionals, such as photographers, designers, and artists.
- Creative: Divi has a number of pre-made creative layouts that users can use to create unique and eye-catching websites. These layouts are perfect for businesses that want to stand out from the crowd.
- Non-profit: Divi has a number of pre-made non-profit layouts that users can use to create websites for charities and other organizations. These layouts are designed to be simple and easy to use, while still being effective in communicating the organization’s mission.
- HostGator Website Builder offers over 200 professional-grade designs.
- Templates are available for diverse industries like restaurants, online stores, and blogs.
- Fully customizable elements to reflect your brand.
- Includes pre-designed sections to expedite site creation.
- Responsive templates adapt to any device.
- Drag-and-drop functionality for user-friendly design experience.
- Advanced SEO and marketing tools integrated.
Types of Templates:
- Business: These templates are designed for businesses of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises. They include templates for a variety of industries, such as law firms, restaurants, and e-commerce stores.
- Personal: These templates are designed for individuals who want to create a personal website, such as a blog or portfolio. They include templates for a variety of interests, such as travel, photography, and cooking.
- Non-profit: These templates are designed for non-profit organizations. They include templates for a variety of causes, such as environmentalism, education, and social justice.
- Ecommerce: These templates are designed for businesses that want to sell products online. They include templates for a variety of products, such as clothing, electronics, and home goods.
Apps & Integrations
This section explores what apps, plugins, and integrations Divi and HostGator Website Builder come with.
When it comes to apps, plugins, and integrations, Divi and HostGator Website Builder both offer a range of options. Divi provides a vast library of plugins and integrations that allow for advanced functionality and customization. On the other hand, HostGator Website Builder offers a more limited selection of apps and integrations but focuses on essential features like social media integration and e-commerce tools. Overall, Divi is the winner in this category due to its extensive selection of plugins and integrations, which cater to advanced users and those looking for more customization options.
- Divi Booster: Divi Booster is a plugin that adds a number of additional features to Divi, such as the ability to create custom layouts, add more modules, and customize the look and feel of the theme.
- Divi Switch: Divi Switch is a plugin that allows you to switch between different Divi layouts on the same page. This is a great way to create different experiences for different users or to change the layout of your website depending on the device that is being used.
- Aspen Footer Editor: Aspen Footer Editor is a plugin that allows you to customize the footer of your Divi website. This is a great way to add your own branding or to add social media links to your footer.
- Custom Fullwidth Header Extended Module: Custom Fullwidth Header Extended Module is a plugin that adds a number of additional features to the Divi header module, such as the ability to add a background image or video, add social media links, and more.
- Page Builder Everywhere: Page Builder Everywhere is a plugin that allows you to use the Divi builder on any page in your WordPress site, not just the front page. This is a great way to create custom layouts for your blog posts, pages, and WooCommerce products.
- Contact Form: This app allows you to create a contact form on your website so that visitors can easily contact you.
- Newsletter: This app allows you to create and manage a newsletter subscription list for your website.
- Social Media: This app allows you to integrate your website with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Photo Gallery: This app allows you to create a photo gallery on your website to showcase your images.
- video Gallery: This app allows you to create a video gallery on your website to showcase your videos.
- Ecommerce: This app allows you to sell products on your website.
- Membership: This app allows you to create a membership site on your website so that users can access exclusive content.
- Forum: This app allows you to create a forum on your website so that users can discuss topics related to your website.
- Chat: This app allows you to add a live chat feature to your website so that visitors can chat with you in real time.
This section explores the strengths and weaknesses of the customer support provided by Divi versus HostGator Website Builder.
When it comes to customer support, Divi and HostGator Website Builder both offer reliable assistance to their users. Divi provides support through their dedicated support team, offering live chat, email, and extensive documentation. HostGator Website Builder, on the other hand, offers 24/7 customer support via phone and live chat. While both platforms provide adequate support, HostGator‘s round-the-clock availability gives them the edge over Divi. With their responsive and accessible support, HostGator is the overall winner when it comes to customer assistance.
- 24/7 Live Chat: The Divi live chat support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This means that users can get help with their questions and problems at any time, no matter where they are in the world. The live chat team is very knowledgeable and helpful, and they are always willing to go the extra mile to help users resolve their issues.
- Email Support: Email Support: The Divi email support team is also very responsive. Users can expect to receive a reply to their email within 24 hours. The email support team is also very knowledgeable and helpful, and they are always willing to go the extra mile to help users resolve their issues.
- Knowledge Base: The Divi knowledge base is a comprehensive resource that covers a wide range of topics related to Divi Website Builder. The knowledge base is well-organized and easy to use, and it includes articles, videos, and tutorials on a variety of topics. The knowledge base is a great resource for users who want to learn more about Divi or who need help with a specific problem.
- Community Forum: Divi has a vibrant community forum where users can ask questions, share tips, and collaborate with other Divi users. This is a great resource for users who want to get help from other Divi users.
- Video Tutorials: Divi offers a number of video tutorials that cover a wide range of topics related to Divi Website Builder. These tutorials are a great way for users to learn how to use Divi and to troubleshoot problems.
- 24/7/365 support: HostGator offers 24/7/365 support for their website builder, so you can get help with any problems you encounter, no matter what time of day or night it is.
- Live chat: You can chat with a HostGator support representative in real time if you need help with something specific.
- Phone support: You can also call HostGator support if you prefer to speak to someone over the phone.
- Email support: You can send an email to HostGator support if you have a question that you don’t need an immediate answer to.
- Knowledge base: HostGator has a comprehensive knowledge base that you can search for answers to your questions. The knowledge base includes articles, tutorials, and videos that can help you with everything from creating your website to managing your hosting account.
Check out how Divi and HostGator Website Builder stack up against other website builder tools on the market.
- Divi vs Tilda
- HostGator vs Jimdo
- HostGator vs Yola
- Squarespace vs HostGator
- Shopify vs Divi
- Divi vs HostGator
- Divi vs Bluehost
- Divi vs Leadpages
- GoDaddy vs Divi
- Divi vs WooCommerce
- HostGator vs Bluehost
- HostGator vs Pixpa
- HostGator vs IONOS
- Divi vs Google Sites
- HostGator vs Leadpages
- HostGator vs Instapage
- Divi vs Site123
- HostGator vs ClickFunnels
- HostGator vs Google Sites
- Webflow vs Divi
- Divi vs Webnode
- WordPress vs HostGator
- Divi vs Simvoly
- HostGator vs Webnode
- Divi vs Jimdo
- HostGator vs Hostinger
- HostGator vs One.com
- HostGator vs Site123
- Divi vs WordPress
- WooCommerce vs HostGator
- Wix vs Divi
- Divi vs PageCloud
- Divi vs SiteGround
- GoDaddy vs HostGator
- HostGator vs Weebly
- Divi vs Unbounce
- Divi vs Pixpa
- Divi vs One.com
- Wix vs HostGator
- HostGator vs Square Online
- HostGator vs Unbounce
- Elementor vs HostGator
- Shopify vs HostGator
- Divi vs Sellfy
- HostGator vs Strikingly
- Squarespace vs Divi
- Divi vs IONOS
- Divi vs Instapage
- HostGator vs Sellfy
- Divi vs Hostinger
- HostGator vs Landingi
- Webflow vs HostGator
- Divi vs Square Online
- Divi vs Ecwid
- HostGator vs Tilda
- HostGator vs PageCloud
- HostGator vs SiteGround
- HostGator vs Web.com
- Divi vs Yola
- Divi vs Weebly
- Divi vs Landingi
- Divi vs Duda
- HostGator vs Duda
- Divi vs ClickFunnels
- HostGator vs Ecwid
- Divi vs Web.com
- Divi vs Strikingly
- HostGator vs Simvoly