Webflow is a website builder geared at web designers and it doesn’t require any coding skills. However, the downside is that it has a steep learning curve and high pricing, which means it’s not really for beginners. These beginner-friendly Webflow alternatives ⇣ offer better and cheaper features for building your website.
From $14 per month
Choose from 500+ customizable website templates
- Best overall alternative to Webflow: WordPress ⇣ – all the customization freedom you can find in Webflow, but cheaper and easier to handle.
- Runner-up: Wix ⇣ – beautiful looking websites with exquisite functionality, and really easy to make.
- Best ecommerce alternative: Shopify ⇣ – the world’s leading ecommerce software provider for building online stores.
- Best cheap Webflow alternative: Zyro ⇣ – the most budget-friendly site builder for starting your first professional blog or online portfolio, as well as a small business website.
TL;DR With too many options out there, the most important thing is to know what you want from your site and consider your budget. If you want the most similar alternative to Webflow in terms of a variety of tools and customization options, but cheaper, then WordPress is definitely a good choice.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop builder with great functionality and looks, then Squarespace and Wix are there to save the day. And last but not least, if you have a limited budget, and want a simpler site, then I recommend Zyro or Site123.
Choose from 500+ customizable website templates
From $14 per month
Nowadays, you no longer need to be proficient in coding or web development to create a professional-looking website or an eCommerce store. Webflow is a website builder geared at web designers and it doesn’t require any coding skills. However, the downside is that it has a steep learning curve and high pricing, which means it’s not really for beginners.
That’s where the Webflow alternatives come in. These are easy-to-use website builders, designed as simple online tools that everyone can handle, regardless of their professional background. The main problem is that there are many Webflow alternatives on the market right now. So how can you find the one that’s best for your business or blog?
Best Webflow Alternatives for 2023
Here I will try to answer that question. I will go through the best Webflow alternatives out there and help you make a more informed decision in the end.
1. Wordpress.org (best overall alternative)
- Official website: https://wordpress.org
- WordPress software is open-source and free to use
- More than 10.000 themes and plugins to choose from
Wordpress.org is a website builder and the most widely used CMS (content management system) on the internet, powering 42% of ALL websites. Wordpress.org allows you to download and install the CMS and website builder software on your computer, for free, and modify it however you want.
You can use Wordpress.org to create any type of website for free you like – a blog, an eCommerce business, a more simple online store, a membership site, or just a landing page, among many other options.
- You have full control of your website – you own all the website’s data;
- You can customize your site however you want;
- A choice of over 55.000 plugins (free and paid) that you can use for security and data backup, CSS, customization, editing, better speed and site optimization, etc.;
- More than 8.000 free fast Wordpress themes you can choose from and modify according to your needs and tastes;
- Easy-to-use, free, open-source CMS software;
- You can run your own ads and not have to share revenue with the platform;
- You can easily create multilingual sites since Wordpress.org is translated into more than 65 languages.
- Even though Wordpress.org is a free CMS, it is self-hosted, you will still need to pay for the web hosting. This will cost you, on average, between $2.95 and $11.95 per month.
- You can also sometimes find cheap web hosts for as little as under $2 per month. Hosting prices range widely and it will depend on your budget and website needs.
- Since it’s largely self-managed, you will also need to take care of maintenance, security, updates, and data backup. Some of this can be done by the hosting provider, but it’ll cost more.
- You’ll need to download and install the platform.
- Plenty of themes and plugins and an open-source principle also imply frequent updates. These updates can sometimes crash your site and require troubleshooting.
Plans and Pricing
As I’ve mentioned earlier, Wordpress.org is a free, open-source website-building software. There is no classical plan or pricing. You can download the software on your computer for free.
You will, however, need to pay for web hosting and sometimes the domain name as well. Also, you will need to pay for themes and plugins as well, although there are a lot of free ones you can use.
Webflow vs WordPress – Why Use Wordpress.org?
Wordpress.org is a budget-friendly, flexible Webflow alternative that offers plenty of room for website customization, tweaks, and website design options.
Also, since it powers almost half of the world’s websites, developers have flooded it to make more than 50,000 plugins and more than 11,000 themes, both free and paid, so you don’t have to worry about a lack of layout options.
The self-sufficient principle of Wordpress.org makes it a great platform for not spending more than you don’t need or want to. This makes Wordpress.org a much more affordable alternative than Webflow, whose single plan is $12 per month (on an annual subscription – on a monthly one, it’s more expensive).
Visit WordPress now for all features + latest deals
2. Wix (runner-up)
- Official website: https://www.wix.com
- Personalized websites based on their own ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) software
- Logo maker
Wix is a user-friendly site builder that allows users to easily build highly personalized websites based on a questionnaire designed through their ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence).
- Lots of integrations, apps, templates for a tailored-made site;
- Advanced, built-in SEO tools;
- Editor X – a special, CSS responsive editor for creating dynamic and beautiful webpages;
- Options for different eCommerce options based on the type of industry.
- Advanced plans are pretty costly and the Basic plan includes Wix ads;
- Not easy to transfer your site should you decide to move to a different platform;
- The same goes if you opt to change a Wix template – you will have to manually re-upload your content.
Plans and Pricing
Wix offers a basic free plan which is pretty limited. You can also opt to try out a Wix Premium Plan for free and will be eligible to cancel within the first 14 days if you’re not content.
All of the premium plans, with the exception of the most basic website plan, come with a free domain voucher valid for one year. Wix offers 7 premium plans – 4 website plans and 3 business and eCommerce plans.
|Wix Pricing Plan||Price|
|Connect domain plan (displays Wix ads)||$4.50/month|
|Business & eCommerce plans||/|
|Business basic plan||$17/month|
|Business unlimited plan||$25/month|
|Business VIP plan (full suite)||$35/month|
Webflow vs Wix – Why Use Wix?
Wix makes the whole website building experience that much easier. If you don’t have a clear idea of how your site should look, and what its features should be, Wix can help you get there quicker. All you need to do is answer their ADI software-generated questionnaire, and you’ll have a more precise vision for your project in no time.
Visit Wix.com now for all features + latest deals
… or check out my detailed Wix review
3. Shopify (best ecommerce alternative)
- Official website: https://www.shopify.com/
- Impressive product category features
- Extensive POS (Point of Sale) options
Shopify is arguably the most well-known eCommerce platform on the internet right now, and it’s no wonder. Specifically designed for online businesses and e-stores, Shopify has provided its services for over 1,700,000 businesses around the world. Shopify gives you the possibility to integrate your website with hundreds of apps for better overall performance and functionality, but also for individual tweaks to satisfy your particular niche.
- Really easy to use front-end and back-end;
- Especially great for dropshipping businesses, since it integrates with a large number of dropshipping apps;
- “Abandoned cart saving” option, featured in all of Shopify’s paid plans;
- Ability to sell your products in up to 20 languages;
- You can customize your online store with more than 1,000 ready-made themes.
- Even though Shopify offers the ability to sell in 133 currencies, it lacks complete adaptation to localized payments and you may need to use a third-party app to accomplish this properly;
- Email marketing functionality is too basic;
- Some Shopify apps can be pretty costly, depending on which ones you need and what you need them for;
- High transaction fees if you don’t use Shopify Payments.
Plans and Pricing
Shopify offers a 14-day free trial, after which you’ll be able to pick out whichever plan you like. There are three paid Shopify plans: Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify, and each differ significantly in price. Shopify also offers two additional paid options – one geared towards large enterprises, called Shopify Plus, and the other intended for businesses that are just starting out, called Shopify Lite.
|Shopify Pricing Plan||Pricing|
|Basic Shopify||$29 USD per month/paid monthly|
|Shopify||$79 USD per month/paid monthly|
|Advanced Shopify||$299 USD per month/paid monthly|
|Shopify Plus||Starting at $2000 USD per month/paid monthly|
|Shopify Lite||$9 USD per month/paid monthly|
Webflow vs Shopify – Why use Shopify?
Compared to Webflow, Shopify offers many more templates that you can use for your eCommerce website. It has also significantly simplified the process of making an online store.
After all, that’s their specialty, right? So, if you want an easy-going start to your first online business venture, have it up and running in no time, and you want plenty of options to choose from in terms of appearance, I suggest you give Shopify a shot.
Visit Shopify.com now for all features + latest deals
… or check out my detailed Shopify review
4. Zyro (best cheap alternative)
- Official website: https://zyro.com
- Exclusive set of AI tools to help build your website
- One of the best prices on the market
Zyro, much like Wordpress.org, is another budget-friendly website builder. Zyro is a Webflow alternative with which you can build a website, a portfolio, or an online store in less than an hour, as they claim on their front page.
- Free and reliable web hosting with a guarantee of 99.9% uptime;
- Unique AI tools such as AI Logo Maker, AI Slogan, AI Business Name Generator, AI Content generator, AI Heatmap, and a bunch of other AI-powered tools for better user experience, better conversion, and more SEO-friendly content;
- Lightweight, fast, and responsive websites;
- Very easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor.
- Zyro gives you the option to choose from really great images that require no copyrights, but it lacks more robust image-editing options;
- No option for scheduling blog posts;
- No ability to switch between templates without losing your whole website;
- No free trial.
Plans and Pricing
Zyro offers four plans and no free trial. You can, however, get your money back in the course of 30 days should you be dissatisfied with one of their plans.
|Zyro Pricing Plan||Pricing|
|Basic||$8.90 per month|
|Unleashed||$12.49 per month|
|eCommerce||$24.49 per month|
|eCommerce Plus||$29.99 per month|
Why use Zyro?
Zyro is a great option for people who are just starting out with a small, simple online business, and who want to build a professional website or a portfolio the easy way, on a limited budget. For the price you pay, Zyro offers many solid features such as useful AI tools, free and stable hosting, an SSL certificate, and an easy-to-use web editor.
Visit Zyro.com now for all features + latest deals
… or check out my detailed Zyro review
- Official website: https://www.squarespace.com/
- Award-winning template designs
- Award-winning customer support
Squarespace is the full package. It offers a website builder based on great-looking templates, it has a very intuitive editor, and it provides all you need to make and launch a website: hosting, domain registration, email marketing, and even customization of site/business logos.
- Gorgeously made templates that require minimal-to-no customization;
- Portfolio designs;
- Responsive design;
- Built-in website integrations that eliminate the need for plugins.
- Ready-made templates translate into limited customization and plenty of coding skills if you want to do some extra tweaking to the templates;
- Because of the drag-and-drop principle, layouts can be a bit rigid if you decide to move them in a more unconventional way;
- Limited scalability for big, more complex websites.
Pricing and Plans
Squarespace has four price plans – Personal, Business, Basic Commerce, and Advanced Commerce. You can pay annually or monthly, but if you pay annually it’s much cheaper. All Squarespace plans come with 24/7 customer support.
|Squarespace Pricing Plan||Pricing|
|Personal||$12 per month (paid annually)|
|Business||$18 per month (paid annually)|
|Basic Commerce||$26 per month (paid annually)|
|Advanced Commerce||$40 per month (paid annually)|
Webflow vs Squarespace – Why Use Squarespace?
Squarespace is an all-in-one platform that’s really easy to use and looks really, really good. Whether it’s a restaurant or delivery business, just a simple blog or a place to show off your portfolio, Squarespace’s intuitive UI can help you build it easily and effortlessly.
Visit Squarespace.com now for all features + latest deals
… or check out my detailed Squarespace review
- Official website: https://www.site123.com/
- Free-forever plan
- Really easy website setup
The name says it all – with Site123 building a website is as easy as 123. Site123 offers you the basic stuff you need to create a simple, functional website with a solid design that lets you choose between different site categories, depending on the nature of your enterprise.
- Fast, free and secure web hosting;
- Ability to choose between one page and a multi-page website;
- Option to create a restaurant menu;
- Free plan.
- The Free plan comes with a SITE123 floating tag, and if you want to get rid of that, you will have to get the Premium plan;
- Layouts are pretty simple and limited if you want your website to look more unique;
- The paid plan is pricey compared to other competitors;
- Limited navigation menu.
Plans and Pricing
Site123’s pricing plan is pretty simple – it offers only two options, a Free plan and a Premium plan.
|Site123 Pricing Plan||Pricing|
|Premium||$12.80 per month|
Why use Site123?
Give Site123 a chance if you want to put your portfolio online, open a blog, or have a small business website. Site123 is very suitable for small projects that don’t include too many content options. The great thing is you can do all of this for free.
Visit Site123.com now for all features + latest deals
- Official website: https://www.weebly.com
- Stylish and responsive themes
- Good eCommerce integration
Weebly is another easy-to-use site builder that’s similar to Wix and Squarespace, although slightly cheaper. Weebly gives you the option to choose between beautifully designed templates. Its drag-and-drop editor allows you to create a business website or an online store quickly and easily.
- Great tech support and focus on technological improvements of the platform;
- Image optimization, ability to create your own slideshows, galleries, and custom backgrounds;
- Free and reliable hosting;
- Option for high-quality video backgrounds.
- It’s not really easy to switch to a different platform and export your content;
- While it does offer great-looking themes, the options are limited compared to Squarespace and Wordpress.org;
- The same goes for plugins – less choice compared to other similar platforms;
- Lacks more advanced marketing tools.
Plans and Pricing
Weebly has seven plans all in all. Four of them are for websites, and three of them are for online stores. Weebly does offer a free plan.
|Weebly Pricing Plan||Pricing (with an annual subscription)|
|Pricing plan for websites|
|Connect||$5.00 per month|
|Pro||$12.00 per month|
|Business||$25.00 per month|
|Pricing plan for online stores|
|Pro||$12.00 per month|
|Business||$25.00 per month|
|Business Plus||$38.00 per month|
Why use Weebly?
Weebly is a good-quality, easy-to-use website and page builder, with stylish themes at your disposal. If you want the looks of Squarespace and the functionality of Wix, but want to pay less, then Weebly is the perfect option for you.
Visit Weebly.com now for all features + latest deals
Worst Website Builders (Not Worth Your Time or Money!)
There are a lot of website builders out there. And, unfortunately, not all of them are created equal. In fact, some of them are downright terrible. If you’re considering using a website builder to create your website, you’ll want to avoid the following:
DoodleKit is a website builder that makes it easy for you to launch your small business website. If you’re someone who doesn’t know how to code, this builder can help you build your website in less than an hour without touching a single line of code.
If you’re looking for a website builder to build your first website, here’s a tip: any website builder that lacks professional-looking, modern design templates isn’t worth your time. DoodleKit fails horribly in this regard.
Their templates might have looked great a decade ago. But compared to the templates other, modern website builders offer, these templates look like they were made by a 16-year-old who just started learning web design.
DoodleKit might be helpful if you’re just starting out, but I wouldn’t recommend purchasing a premium plan. This website builder hasn’t been updated in a long time.
The team behind it might have been fixing bugs and security issues, but it seems like they haven’t added any new features in a long time. Just look at their website. It still talks about basic features such as file uploading, website statistics, and image galleries.
Not only are their templates super-old, but even their website copy also seems decades old. DoodleKit is a website builder from the era when personal diary blogs were getting popular. Those blogs have died out now, but DoodleKit still hasn’t moved on. Just take one look at their website and you’ll see what I mean.
If you want to build a modern website, I would highly recommend not going with DoodleKit. Their own website is stuck in the past. It is really slow and hasn’t caught up with modern best practices.
The worst part about DoodleKit is that their pricing starts at $14 per month. For $14 per month, other website builders will let you create a full-blown online store that can compete with giants. If you’ve looked at any of DoodleKit’s competitors, then I don’t need to tell you how expensive these prices are. Now, they do have a free plan if you want to test the waters, but it’s severely limiting. It even lacks SSL security, meaning no HTTPS.
If you’re looking for a much better website builder, there are dozens of others that are cheaper than DoodleKit, and offer better templates. They also offer a free domain name on their paid plans. Other website builders also offer dozens and dozens of modern features that DoodleKit lacks. They are also much easier to learn.
Webs.com (formerly freewebs) is a website builder aimed at small business owners. It’s an all-in-one solution for taking your small business online.
Webs.com got popular by offering a free plan. Their free plan used to be really generous. Now, it’s only a trial (although without a time limit) plan with lots of limits. It only allows you to build up to 5 pages. Most features are locked behind paid plans. If you are looking for a free website builder to build a hobby site, there are dozens of website builders in the market that are free, generous, and much better than Webs.com.
This website builder comes with dozens of templates you can use to build your website. Just choose a template, customize it with a drag-and-drop interface, and you’re ready to launch your site! Although the process is easy, the designs are really outdated. They are no match for the modern templates offered by other, more modern, website builders.
The worst part about Webs.com is that it seems that they have stopped developing the product. And if they’re still developing, it’s going at a snail’s pace. It’s almost as if the company behind this product has given up on it. This website builder is one of the oldest and used to be one of the most popular.
If you search for user reviews of Webs.com, you’ll notice that the first page of Google is filled with terrible reviews. The average rating for Webs.com around the internet is less than 2 stars. Most reviews are about how terrible their customer support service is.
Putting all the bad stuff aside, the design interface is user-friendly and easy to learn. It will take you less than an hour to learn the ropes. It’s made for beginners.
Webs.com’s plans start as low as $5.99 per month. Their basic plan allows you to build an unlimited number of pages on your website. It unlocks almost all the features except eCommerce. If you want to start selling on your website, you’ll need to pay at least $12.99 per month.
If you are someone with very little technical knowledge, this website builder might seem like the best option. But it’ll only seem so until you check out some of their competitors. There are a lot of other website builders in the market that are not only cheaper but offer a lot more features.
They also offer modern design templates that will help your website stand out. In my years of building websites, I’ve seen many website builders come and go. Webs.com used to be one of the best back in the day. But now, there’s no way I can recommend it to anyone. There are too many better alternatives in the market.
Yola is a website builder that helps you create a professional-looking website without any design or coding knowledge.
If you are building your first website, Yola could be a good choice. It’s a simple drag-and-drop website builder that lets you design your website yourself without any programming knowledge. The process is simple: pick one of the dozens of templates, customize the look and feel, add some pages, and hit publish. This tool is made for beginners.
Yola’s pricing is a huge deal-breaker for me. Their most basic paid plan is the Bronze plan, which is only $5.91 per month. But it doesn’t remove the Yola ads from your website. Yes, you heard it right! You’ll pay $5.91 per month for your website but there will be an ad for the Yola website builder on it. I really don’t understand this business decision… No other website builder charges you $6 a month and displays an ad on your website.
Although Yola could be a great starting point, once you get started, you’ll soon find yourself looking for a more advanced website builder. Yola has everything you need to get started building your first website. But it lacks a lot of features you’ll need when your website starts gaining some traction.
You can integrate other tools into your website to add these features to your website, but it’s too much work. Other website builders come with built-in email marketing tools, A/B testing, blogging tools, an advanced editor, and better templates. And these tools cost just as much as Yola.
A website builder’s main selling point is that it lets you build professional-looking websites without having to hire an expensive professional designer. They do this by offering you hundreds of stand-out templates that you can customize. Yola’s templates are really uninspired.
They all look exactly the same with some minor differences, and none of them stands out. I don’t know if they only hired one designer and asked her to do 100 designs in one week, or if it’s the limitation of their website builder tool itself. I think it might be the latter.
One thing I do like about Yola’s pricing is that even the most basic Bronze plan allows you to create up to 5 websites. If you are someone who wants to build a lot of websites, for some reason, Yola is a great choice. The editor is easy to learn and comes with dozens of templates. So, creating a lot of websites should be really easy.
If you want to try Yola, you can try their free plan, which lets you build two websites. Of course, this plan is intended as a trial plan, so it doesn’t allow using your own domain name, and displays an ad for Yola on your website. It’s great for testing the waters but it lacks a lot of features.
Yola also lacks a really important feature that all other website builders offer. It doesn’t have a blogging feature. This means you can’t create a blog on your website. This just baffles me beyond belief. A blog is just a set of pages, and this tool allows you to create pages, but it doesn’t have a feature to add a blog to your website.
If you want a quick and easy way to build and launch your website, Yola is a good choice. But if you want to build a serious online business, there are a lot of other website builders that offer hundreds of important features Yola lacks. Yola offers a simple website builder. Other website builders offer an all-in-one solution for building and growing your online business.
SeedProd is a WordPress plugin that helps you customize the look and feel of your website. It gives you a simple drag-and-drop interface to customize the design of your pages. It comes with over 200 templates that you can choose from.
Page builders like SeedProd allow you to take control of the design of your website. Want to create a different footer for your website? You can easily do it by dragging and dropping elements onto the canvas. Want to redesign your entire website yourself? That’s possible too.
The best part about page builders like SeedProd is that they are built for beginners. Even if you don’t have a lot of experience building websites, you can still build professional-looking websites without touching a single line of code.
Although SeedProd looks great at a first glance, there are some things you need to know before you make the decision to buy it. First off, compared to other page builders, SeedProd has very few elements (or blocks) that you can use when designing pages of your website. Other page builders have hundreds of these elements with new ones added every few months.
SeedProd might be a little more beginner-friendly than other page builders, but it lacks some features that you might need if you are an experienced user. Is that a drawback you can live with?
Another thing I didn’t like about SeedProd is that its free version is very limited. There are free page builder plugins for WordPress that offer dozens of features that the free version of SeedProd lacks. And although SeedProd comes with over 200 templates, not all of those templates are that great. If you are someone who wants their website’s design to stand out, take a look at the alternatives.
SeedProd’s pricing is a huge deal-breaker for me. Their pricing starts at only $79.50 per year for one site, but this basic plan lacks a lot of features. For one, it doesn’t support integration with email marketing tools. So, you can’t use the basic plan to create lead-capture landing pages or to grow your email list. This is a basic feature that comes free with a lot of other page builders. You also only get access to some of the templates in the basic plan. Other page builders don’t limit access this way.
There are a couple more things that I really don’t like about SeedProd’s pricing. Their full-website kits are locked behind the Pro plan which is $399 per year. A full-website kit lets you completely change the look of your website.
On any other plan, you might have to use a mix of many different styles for different pages or design your own templates. You’ll also need this $399 plan if you want to be able to edit your entire website including the header and footer. Once again, this feature comes with all other website builders even in their free plans.
If you want to be able to use it with WooCommerce, you’ll need their Elite plan which is $599 per month. You’ll need to pay $599 per year to be able to create custom designs for the checkout page, cart page, product grids, and singular product pages. Other page builders offer these features on almost all their plans, even the cheaper ones.
SeedProd is great if you’re made of money. If you are looking for an affordable page builder plugin for WordPress, I would recommend you take a look at some of SeedProd’s competitors. They are cheaper, offer better templates, and don’t lock their best features behind their highest pricing plan.
What Is Webflow?
Webflow is a no-code website builder platform that is aimed at designers who want to build stunning websites without writing a line of code. Webflow offers you a lot of control over your website design, and since it has a lot of built-in functionalities, it doesn’t require the use of additional plugins. It’s powered by Amazon Web Services and it has a huge scalability potential.
Webflow Main Features
It also offers a range of SEO and marketing tools and integrations for MailChimp, Google Optimize, and Google Analytics. Webflow’s templates are HTML 5 responsive and fully customizable.
- Free and reliable hosting with 99.9% uptime guaranteed by an SLA agreement;
- Lots of resources provided by Webflow on how to navigate and use the platform;
- Full control of your site – freedom to customize the website’s layout and style, as well as its responsiveness and site interactions;
- Ability to embed your own HTML code and export it so you can make sure never to get locked in.
- Steep learning curve – you will need to have the adequate technical skills to use Webflow and to utilize its options fully or at least devote enough time for learning;
- The more advanced plans are pricier compared to Webflow alternatives;
- Confusing number of pricing plans and pricing plan categories.
Pricing and Plans
Webflow offers a free-forever plan, and it has two big categories: site plans and account plans, each with its own two subdomains of site plans and eCommerce plans, as well as individual plans and team plans, respectively. It also has an additional option for big enterprises. Very confusing, I agree.
|Webflow Pricing Plans||Pricing (paid annually)|
|Webflow Site Plans|
|Basic||$14 per month|
|CMS||$23 per month|
|Business||$39 per month|
|Standard||$29 per month|
|Plus||$74 per month|
|Advanced||$212 per month|
|Account Plans (Workspaces)|
|Lite||$19 per month|
|Pro||$49 per month|
|Team||$35 per month – minimum of 2 seats per team|
Visit my Webflow pricing page for an explanation of Webflow’s confusing pricing model.
Is Webflow Difficult?
Webflow isn’t really for beginners. It has a steeper learning curve than the Webflow alternatives listed here and it requires a solid amount of technical IT knowledge. The good news is that through their University program, Webflow offers a lot of free resources, including courses and video tutorials that help you learn to navigate their platform.
Who Are Webflow’s Main Competitors?
The top competitors of Webflow are Wordpress.org, Wix, Weebly, Shopify, and Squarespace.
Does Webflow Require Coding?
Webflow does not require coding, per se, but in order to be able to fully use its numerous features, you will have to know how to navigate a CMS (content management system), and also understand how HTML and CSS work, because these will be the primary tools to build your website with.
Who Should Be Using Webflow?
Webflow is aimed mostly towards three types of people:
– Designers with advanced tech skills (or ones that have the time to learn them) that want to use custom code on an existing website builder platform;
– Enterprises/businesses that require teams to collaborate with others from the company or with clients (Webflow offers team areas where you can share the website project and allow others to make changes and suggestions to it);
– Users who like to have more options for customization than they would with other website builders.
Best Webflow Alternatives – Summary
As you can see, there are plenty of good Webflow alternatives. If you want an overall best Webflow alternative, then I recommend Wordpress.org. It is feature-packed, highly customizable, and has the same level of comprehensiveness as Webflow.
If you want a simpler website builder solution that’s still highly functional, then I suggest Wix and if you want a budget-friendly website builder, then opt for Zyro.
On the other hand, if you really value looks and plenty of exquisitely designed themes, then Squarespace might be the one.
All in all, it depends on the nature of your site and on how much you’re ready to spend on it – or not.
Choose from 500+ customizable website templates
From $14 per month