A PMP project manager is a certified specialist who has the proven skills and knowledge necessary to successfully manage projects. PMP project managers can help organizations to smoothen their project management processes. In this blog post, we’ll explain how to hire PMP Project Managers from Toptal.
Toptal Project Managers are highly skilled and deliver projects on time, on budget, and to the required quality standards.
PMP Project Managers: Facts and Statistics
- Job growth: The job outlook for project management is strong, with employment projected to grow 7% from 2021 to 2031, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
- Salary: The median annual wage for project management specialists was $94,500 in May 2021. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $49,750, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $159,140.
- Skills: The most in-demand skills for project managers include:
- Planning and organizing
- Risk management
- Certification: The Project Management Institute (PMI) offers the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, which is the most recognized certification for project managers.
- Industry: The industries with the highest employment levels for project managers are:
- Information technology
- Professional, scientific, and technical services
These are just a few of the stats and facts about the PMP project managers’ job industry. If you are interested in a career in project management, I encourage you to learn more about the field and the skills and certifications that are required.
Why hire PMP Project Managers from Toptal?
Toptal.com is a widely-known and used marketplace for the best PMP Project Managers. It is fair to say, that Toptal is one of the best platforms to hire talent and freelancers.
Toptal only lets the absolute best talent join their platform, so if you want to hire the top 3% of freelancers in the world, then this Toptal is the exclusive network to hire them from.
The cost of hiring a freelancer from Toptal depends on the type of role you are hiring for, but you can expect to pay between $60-$200+ per hour.
- Toptal boasts a 95% trial-to-hire success rate, with $0 recruiting fee for the top 3% of the global freelance talentpool. You’ll get introduced to candidates within 24h of signing up, and 90% of clients hire the first candidate Toptal introduces.
- If you only need help with a smaller project, or are on a tight budget and can only afford inexperienced and cheap freelancers – then Toptal isn’t the freelance marketplace for you.
Here are some of the reasons why you should hire PMP project managers on Toptal:
- Top talent: Toptal only accepts the top 3% of freelance developers, engineers, programmers, coders, architects, and consultants. This means that you can be confident that the PMP project managers you hire on Toptal will be highly skilled and experienced.
- Expertise: Toptal PMP project managers have extensive experience in a variety of industries and project management methodologies. This means that they will be able to quickly understand your project and help you to deliver it on time, on budget, and to the required quality standards.
- Flexibility: Toptal PMP project managers are available on a freelance basis, which means that you can hire them for short-term or long-term projects. This flexibility can be a great advantage, especially if you are working on a project that has a tight deadline or that requires specific skills or expertise.
- Cost-effectiveness: Toptal PMP project managers are typically more cost-effective than in-house employees. This is because you only pay for the time that they work, and you don’t have to worry about providing them with benefits or office space.
Here are some additional benefits of hiring PMP project managers on Toptal:
- Peace of mind: When you hire a PMP project manager from Toptal, you can rest assured that your project is in good hands. Toptal PMP project managers are committed to delivering high-quality work on time and on budget.
- Improved communication: PMP project managers from Toptal are experts in communication. They will work with you to ensure that everyone involved in your project is on the same page and that communication is clear and concise.
- Increased productivity: PMP project managers from Toptal are experts in time management and productivity. They will help you to streamline your project processes and get the most out of your team.
- Reduced stress: PMP project managers from Toptal can take on the stress of project management so that you can focus on your core business activities.
PMP Project Managers hiring interview questions
Here are some examples of questions you can ask PMP project managers during a hiring interview:
- Tell me about your experience as a project manager.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses as a project manager?
- How do you handle difficult situations?
- How do you motivate your team?
- How do you deal with change?
- How do you measure the success of a project?
- What is your experience with different project management methodologies?
- What is your experience with project budgeting and risk management?
- What is your experience with managing cross-functional teams?
- What is your experience with managing remote teams?
- What are your career goals?
These are just a few examples of questions you can ask PMP project managers during a hiring interview. The specific questions you ask will depend on the specific needs of your project and the specific skills and experience you are looking for in a project manager.
Here are some additional tips for interviewing PMP project managers:
- Be prepared. Before the interview, take some time to research the specific project management methodologies and tools that the candidate has experience with. This will help you to ask more informed questions and to assess the candidate’s skills and experience more accurately.
- Ask open-ended questions. Open-ended questions will allow the candidate to share their experiences and demonstrate their skills and knowledge. For example, instead of asking “Do you have experience with Agile project management?”, you could ask “Can you tell me about a time when you used Agile project management to successfully deliver a project?”
- Listen carefully to the candidate’s answers. Pay attention to the candidate’s communication skills, their ability to think critically, and their ability to solve problems.
- Ask follow-up questions. After the candidate has answered your question, ask follow-up questions to get more information. For example, if the candidate tells you about a time when they successfully delivered a project, you could ask them to share more details about the project, the challenges they faced, and how they overcome those challenges.
- Take notes. Taking notes will help you to remember the candidate’s answers and to compare them to the other candidates you interview.
If you want to hire a PMP project manager who is properly skilled, experienced, affordable, and flexible, then you should certainly check out Toptal. You won’t be disappointed. Start hiring from Toptal today!