Google Forms is one of the most popular online form builders available. It's 100% free, forever, very beginner-friendly and easy to use, and fast to set up. But.. the forms are basic and have limitations. Here are the best Google Forms alternatives ⇣ with better and more features.
From $35 per month
Free trial - Try conversational forms, surveys, quizzes + more
Google Forms is the best free option for anyone who needs to create simple forms. But, with its limited designs and functionalities, I think you’ll be much better off forking out a few dollars per month for a premium form builder.
- Best overall: Typeform ⇣ This is my favorite overall form builder due to its versatility, excellent design tools, and intuitive user interface
- Best design alternative: JotForm ⇣ If you're looking for a form builder that focuses on design flexibility, JotForm is an excellent option.
- Best cheap alternative: Wufoo ⇣ Some form builders are expensive, but Wufoo provides exceptional service at an extremely competitive price.
- Best WordPress alternative: WPForms ⇣ Although there are numerous WordPress plugins available to help you create attractive forms, WPForms clearly stands out above the pack.
Free trial - Try conversational forms, surveys, quizzes + more
From $35 per month
As you can see, it has a lot going for it, but in my eyes, Google Forms just has too many flaws.
Fortunately, there are numerous other options on the market.
Some of the best Google Forms alternatives are widely used already, but others are relatively unknown and appear ready to explode in popularity in the near future.
Best Google Forms Alternatives in 2022
Overall, the best Google Forms alternatives are Typeform (best overall), Wufoo (best cheap alternative), JotForm (best for advanced designs), and WPForms (best for WordPress).
1. Typeform (best alternative)
- Website: https://www.typeform.com
- Extremely versatile, customizable forms
- A range of attractive templates
- Interactive form designer
Typeform is one of the best Google Forms alternatives I've used. It's an extremely powerful platform that lets you create basically any type of form you want.
The form designer is super flexible, and there are numerous templates that you can use to get started.
On top of this, you can integrate your Typeform forms with a selection of third-party platforms, including Slack, MailChimp, Google Sheets, and more.
There's even a basic free plan that you can use to familiarize yourself with the platform, which is something I like to see.
- Great range of attractive templates
- Logical form designer
- Integrations with numerous platforms
- Quite expensive compared to some other platforms
- Could be a little over the top for some users
- Sub-par customer service
Typeform pricing plans:
Typeform offers three paid and one free forever plans. Prices range from $35 to $70 per month with monthly payments.
Discounts are available with annual subscriptions, and custom solutions are available for large businesses.
Typeform vs Google Forms:
Typeform offers some of the best design flexibility I've seen among popular form builders.
If you want to create a highly customized form, I'd highly recommend considering this Google Forms competitor.
2. JotForm (best design alternative)
- Website: https://www.jotform.com
- Highly customizable form templates
- Allows you to integrate powerful functionality
- Various task automation features
Like Typeform, JotForm is a highly-advanced form creation platform that prioritizes design flexibility and powerful integrations.
There are numerous templates available, and the drag-and-drop designer means that you will virtually only be limited by your imagination.
One thing that stood out about JotForms was its payment acceptance integrations. Unlike many competitors, it actually lets you collect payments directly through the form itself.
Popular templates include options for recurring subscriptions, online orders, and donations.
- Accept online payments
- Drag-and-drop form builder
- Excellent design and template libraries
- Can't customize based on form responses
- Selecting a template can be difficult
- Customer support is average at best
JotForm pricing plans:
JotForm uses a recurring, subscription-based payment model.
There's a fully-functional free plan (with a five-form limit) that you can use to test the platform, and there's even a comprehensive 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind following a purchase.
There are three paid plans available, which range from $29 to $99 per month ($24 to $79 with an annual subscription). All have form, monthly submission, and storage limits.
JotForm vs Google Forms:
JotForm's drag-and-drop builder, excellent template library, and other design options make it a great choice for those who find Google Forms just a little too simple.
3. Wufoo (best cheap alternative)
- Website: https://www.wufoo.com
- Competitively priced alternative
- Very flexible form builder
- Comes with various workflow automation tools
Wufoo is one of my favorite alternatives to Google Forms, and for good reason.
It's much more affordable than many of the other options on this list, offers excellent functionality and uses highly-secure cloud storage to ensure any collected data is safe at all times.
One thing I love is Wufoo's support for virtually any type of information.
You can integrate your form with your chosen payment provider to accept payments, ask people to upload files where required, and more.
There are also numerous integrations and tools to help you automate workflows.
- Excellent workflow automation tools
- Collect numerous types of information
- Analyze your data with custom reports
- User interface is a little confusing
- Can be hard to get the hang of
- Some limitations on the amount of info you can collect
Wufoo pricing plans:
There are four paid plans alongside a basic free forever option.
Prices range from $19 to $249 per month, with a 25% discount available for annual subscriptions.
Why Wufoo is a good alternative to Google Forms:
WuFoo is my favorite cheap alternative to Google forms. Sure, it's still quite costly, but it's significantly more affordable than most similar competitors.
4. WPForms (best WordPress alternative)
- Website: https://wpforms.com
- A great option for WordPress users
- Highly advanced WordPress-specific features
- Supports fast creation of complex forms
If you're looking for an extremely powerful WordPress form builder, you just can't go past WPForms.
This powerful plugin is backed by a suite of advanced features, allowing you to create everything from simple contact forms to polls and surveys, and payment forms.
In addition, there are countless features that you can use to improve the functionality of your form.
Get instant notifications, create mobile-responsive forms, accept file uploads if required, and take advantage of the drag-and-drop form builder.
- Excellent range of advanced features
- Integrate directly with your WordPress website
- Smart workflows to aid complex form building
- Have to use expensive plans to unlock some features
- Designed specifically for WordPress sites
- Customization can be limited at times
WPForms pricing plans:
WPForms is quite an affordable option, with prices for its four plans ranging from $39.50 to $299.50 per year.
However, prices do double on renewal, and there isn't any free plan or free trial available.
Why WPForms is a good alternative to Google Forms:
I've tested countless options, and I can comfortably say that WPForms is the best WordPress forms plugin I've found.
The range of advanced features combined with the relatively low price point makes it an extremely attractive proposition.
5. Gravity Forms
- Website: https://www.gravityforms.com
- Straightforward WordPress form builder
- Simple, beginner-friendly form building
- Integrations with numerous third-party platforms
Another one of my favorite WordPress form builder plugins is Gravity Forms.
Although the WordPress plugin industry is a ruthless place, this popular choice has remained a leader for more than ten years – which tells me that it just has to be a great option.
And my thoughts are supported by just about everything Gravity forms offers. This popular alternative to Google Forms features live notifications, a form save tool, and a beginner-friendly visual editor.
Gravity Forms pros:
- Affordable WordPress form builder
- Integrations with numerous third-party platforms
- Beginner-friendly Quickstart guide
Gravity Forms cons:
- No live chat or phone support
- Only works with WordPress
- Integrations can be difficult
Gravity Forms pricing plans:
There are three plans available, with licenses costing from $59 to $259 per year. Unfortunately, there's no free-forever option or free trial.
Why Gravity Forms is a good alternative to Google Forms:
Although there are numerous sites like Google Forms that you can use to create forms and surveys, Gravity Forms is one of the best.
It's an excellent option for WordPress users who want a simple, no-frills form builder backed by advanced features.
6. Microsoft Forms
- Website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/online-surveys-polls-quizzes
- Part of the Microsoft ecosystem
- Simple yet effective all-around form builder
- Features built-in AI and smart recommendations
Microsoft Forms is a popular app from the larger Microsoft ecosystem. Although it isn't nearly as powerful as many of the other options on this list, it's a highly affordable choice.
And despite the lack of advanced features, there's still a lot to like here. For example, you can use your forms to collect valuable business information, as part of the teaching process, and more.
The built-in AI tools are designed to streamline the form creation process, and you will be able to view results through the analysis portal.
Microsoft Forms pros:
- Impressive multilingual support
- Desktop and mobile support
- Very competitively priced
Microsoft Forms cons:
- Lacks many advanced features
- Limited collaboration tools
- Doesn't record form opens without submission
Microsoft Forms pricing plans:
To access Microsoft Forms, you will need either an Office 365 Education or a Microsoft 365 Business subscription. It's also available for those with a Hotmail, Live, or Outlook.com account.
Prices start from $5.00 per month with a Microsoft 365 Business Basic subscription, and there's even a one-month free trial available.
Microsoft Forms vs Google Forms:
If you regularly work with the Microsoft ecosystem, Microsoft Forms could be an excellent alternative. With an existing Microsoft 365 subscription, you won't even have to pay a cent!
7. 123 Form Builder
- Website: https://www.123formbuilder.com
- Excellent form builder featuring numerous templates
- Huge range of third-party integrations
- Advanced data analysis and compilation portal
Although 123 Form Builder isn't the most popular option on the market, it's one that fully deserves its place on this list. I've used it a few times in the past, and I love virtually every aspect of its service.
For starters, 123 Form Builder supports streamlined creation, allowing you to publish your first form within a few minutes.
But on top of this, you can also customize your design heavily with the drag and drop builder, spending as long as required to get it right.
123 Form Builder pros:
- Huge list of advanced integrations
- Multi-language forms supported
- Excellent drag-and-drop editor
123 Form Builder cons:
- Not all features included with cheaper plans
- Some aspects of the builder can be confusing
- Constraining form limits
123 Form Builder pricing plans:
There are two paid plans, a free-forever option, and enterprise-level custom solutions targeted at businesses of all sizes.
The free version is limited to 20 submissions per month, and premium options start at $19.99 per month.
Why 123 Form Builder is a good alternative to Google Forms:
123 Form Builder is an excellent choice for those who want access to a vast array of integrations, a powerful builder, and a suite of advanced features.
8. Formidable Forms
- Website: https://formidableforms.com
- A powerful form builder plugin for WordPress
- Beginner-friendly drag-and-drop builder
- Full HTML customizability available
Formidable Forms is a powerful WordPress plugin designed for those who want to take their form building one step further.
It's backed by a suite of advanced features, including full HTML code access for those with more advanced tech skills.
One thing I like about Formidable Forms is its excellent template library.
Along with the expected contact form and survey templates, you will find designs specifically for WooCommerce, payment collection, and more.
Formidable Forms pros:
- Excellent customizability across the board
- Full HTML code access
- Very easy to use
Formidable Forms cons:
- No community forum for support
- Some notable integrations are absent
- Can be confusing at times
Formidable Forms pricing plans:
If you would like to use Formidable Forms, you can choose from one of the four premium plans.
All are backed by a 14-day money-back guarantee, and there's even a separate free version available for download.
Why Formidable Forms is a good alternative to Google Forms:
If you're looking for a WordPress form builder that offers excellent design flexibility backed by competitive prices and a suite of advanced features, Formidable Forms is a great choice.
9. Zoho Forms
- Website: https://www.zoho.com/forms/
- Part of the extensive Zoho ecosystem
- Code-free form creation
- Powerful data analysis tools
Finding a powerful form builder that works for your business can be hard, but Zoho Forms brings a lot to the party.
I've used it a couple of times in the past, and I've found it to be intuitive yet powerful, a perfect combination for those with tight time constraints.
One thing that stands out to me here is the sheer power of Zoho Forms. The builder is among the best around, you can set up instant notifications, and the data analysis platform has to be seen to be believed.
Zoho Forms pros:
- Great data analysis tools
- Instant SMS or email notifications
- Impressive customization tools to add your company's branding
Zoho Forms cons:
- Can be glitchy with low-end computers
- Template library could be better
- Some advanced features are missing
Zoho Forms pricing plans:
There is a free forever plan, but this is limited to 3 forms and 500 submissions per month. Paid options range from $10 to $100 per month, with a 20% discount available with annual payments.
Additional submissions can be purchased for $10 per month per 10,000, and additional storage is also available at $5 per 5GB.
Why Zoho Forms is a good alternative to Google Forms:
If you're looking for an alternative to Google Forms that is powerful yet intuitive, I'd highly recommend taking a closer look at Zoho Forms.
What is Google Forms?
In short, Google Forms is a free platform that lets you put together customized forms for a range of uses.
It's a great option for those with basic needs, but it lacks the power of the competitor sites like Google Forms I've outlined on this list.
For example, it's quite hard to personalize the appearance of a Google Form.
You will largely be constrained to the general template, which is far from ideal for those who want to add their own branding or create complex surveys or polls.
On top of this, integrations are limited, you won't be able to accept payments, and many advanced features are absent altogether.
On the plus side, Google Forms comes with excellent collaboration features. As I noted above, it's 100% free, forever, and it even comes with decent response collation and analysis tools.
Google Forms features and pricing
Google Forms is 100% free, forever. Unlike with many Google Forms competitors, you won't ever have to pay for a premium plan or for more advanced features.
However, Business users might like to purchase a Google Workplace subscription to take advantage of powerful collaboration and security tools.
With purchase, you will also get additional Google Drive cloud storage, support from the Google team, and a secure business email account.
Google Workplace prices range from $6 to $18 per user, per month, with Enterprise solutions available for high-end users.
Pros and cons of Google Forms
The standout for Google Forms is the fact that it's completely free.
In my experience, few other free form builders (if any) come even close to offering a similar level of service and versatility.
On the plus side, there are numerous templates available in various categories, including for education, personal use, and work use.
However, these are all quite simplistic and, at the end of the day, are really just the same thing with different input fields.
Another positive is the collaboration power of Google Forms. As with Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides, you can share your work with others by either sharing the link or inviting people with their email addresses.
Unfortunately, though, the builder itself is more than a little limited. It uses a block-based editing interface which allows you to basically add or remove fields, reorder elements, and change basic color schemes.
It lacks advanced security features such as reCAPTCHA, which means that it isn't a great option for collecting sensitive data.
You won't be able to take payments within the forms interface, and the layout can be more than a little illogical and unprofessional-looking at times.
Need to personalize things a little more? Forget about it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Google Forms?
Google Forms is a free online form builder that belongs to the larger Google ecosystem. Despite being one of the simpler options on the market, it nonetheless provides decent solutions for those with basic needs.
What are the pros of Google Forms?
Free, forever. Backed by the power of the Google ecosystem. Excellent collaboration features. Very beginner-friendly form builder. Ready-to-use templates are available.
What are the cons of Google Forms?
Very basic editor. Limited design flexibility. Lack of advanced features. Few integrations with third-party apps. No support without a Google Workplace subscription.
What are the best alternatives to Google Forms?
The best alternatives to Google forms include Typeform (best overall), JotForm (best design flexibility), Wufoo (best for those on a budget), and WPForms (best for WordPress).
Google Forms Alternatives 2022 – Summary
Google Forms is a perfectly reasonable option for anyone who needs to create simple forms without advanced features or integrations.
However, its design flexibility is limited and there simply aren't enough tools on offer for me to be able to recommend it.
Most Google Forms alternatives are slightly expensive Yet, working out a few dollars per month for a premium form builder is indeed worth it.
I mean, the price of most platforms starts at the price of a couple of coffees per month, which really isn't that bad, right?
For a powerful all-around option, I'd go for Typeform.
JotForm is a great alternative if you need maximal design flexibility, but I'd seriously consider Wufoo if you're on a tight budget.
There are numerous WordPress form builder plugins, but WPForms stands out as excellent.
The rest of the Google Forms alternatives are also definitely worth considering, and I'd suggest taking advantage of any free plans or free trials available to help you decide on the best option for your needs.
|Serial||Logo and Links||Features||Button|