Constant Contact is known for its interactive email campaigns, real-time results tracking, and dynamic signup forms. But these aren't always the perfect fit for companies with more advanced requirements. So, look for the best Constant Contact alternatives ⇣ out there.
Constant Contact is an excellent option for small businesses with basic requirements. They don't charge a lot and are one of the most popular email marketing tools since 1995.
While Constant Contact does offer different features like autoresponders or triggered campaigns, there are other tools that offer a lot more at a lesser price. Tools that can cover the failings of constant contact including fluid template designs, spam testing, and advanced automation.
If you're looking for a new cost-efficient and effective email marketing tool, you might give the following list of constant contact alternatives a try.
Of the tools we'll be reviewing today, GetResponse, Sendinblue, and MailerLite are three of the best options available as an alternative to Constant Contact. Getresponse has powerful automation, sales funnel features, and offers webinars and a landing page tool.
On the other hand, Sendinblue is much more cost-efficient and offers strong reporting options. Mailerlite has an amazing user interface and an excellent landing page builder as well. All these constant contact competitors are well-known in the email tools market.
Best Alternatives to Constant Contact in 2022
Following thorough research, I have finally selected a few top email marketing platforms that are worthy enough to be constant contact alternatives.
While selecting them, I kept different factors like marketing automation, unlimited contacts, free versions, paid plans, unlimited landing pages, spam testing tools, and many others in mind. Time for you to explore them!
1. GetResponse (Overall best alternative to Constant Contact)
- An Autoresponder tool for helping you focus on your work
- Integrated with different popular services like Salesforce, Shopify, etc
- Has spam email tools so you can avoid the spam folder altogether
- Effective web forms for helping you customize accordingly
- A/B testing and analytics for your landing pages
- Official website: www.getresponse.com
Variety of Optimization tools and Customizable Web Forms
We are starting off with a unique constant contact alternative that is affordable and easy to use at the same time. This here is a feature-packed option that will make sure your email campaign goes smoothly.
From the wide range of optimization tools to the customizable web forms — this email marketing tool has everything!
Email and Geo-Tracking
GetResponse comes with a complex automated series alongside email tracking options that can increase traffic and boost conversion. It enables you to make email list management as automated as possible.
Considering the integrations, geo-tracking, and A/B testing method for landing pages, GetResponse deservedly gets the first spot in the list of constant contact alternatives.
Two different Types of Automated Messages
With GetResponse, you get to send a couple of different automated messages. First, you can give time-based automated messages like a happy birthday note.
Second, you get to send action-based messages to make sure a job is done well. This tool is also very efficient in automatically tagging/scoring contacts. The automation funnels of GetResponse can actually integrate everything, starting from landing pages, online payments, to even webinars!
- Great automation features and list management system
- Has a multilingual option of 17 languages
- Excellent design and spam testing tool
- Landing page editor for easy customization
- Good learning option for email marketing beginners
- Doesn't have any free version
Plans and Pricing
Perhaps the only issue with GetResponse is that they don't offer a free plan. However, for people to try them out first, they'll provide you with a 30-day free trial.
The pricing starts at $15 per month, and the basic plan supports up to 1000 subscribers, which is 25% cheaper than Constant Contact. They'll cost $25 for 2500 subscribers, $45 for 5000 subscribers, and $65 for 10000 subscribers per month.
Why GetResponse Is a Proper Alternative to Constant Contact?
Considering the dynamic content and advanced email automation, GetResponse is what I call a modern Constant Contact alternative. It's at least 25% cheaper than Constant Contact and has much better automation.
The spam testing feature is unavailable in Constant Contact, and GetResponse is clearly more efficient when it comes to email marketing.
Visit the GetResponse website now to check out all the features + latest deals
2. Sendinblue (Most flexible affordable paid plans)
- Easy-to-use landing page builder
- Advanced automation features are available even in free plans
- One of the cheapest paid plans on the list
- SMS marketing and Live chat enabled
- Comes with clickmap, geo-tracking, and Google Analytics as campaign monitor
- Official website: www.sendinblue.com
Excellent eCommerce Tool
SendinBlue is a brilliant option if you have a relatively bigger company and you have to handle thousands of emails each day.
They're a Paris-based company that offers services in six different languages. The company excels in different email marketing features, including SMS campaigns, transactional emails, and marketing automation. If you happen to have online stores, then SendinBlue tools can work well as eCommerce tools.
When it comes to form builders, Sendinblue is miles ahead of Constant Contact. They're a good option if you want to create landing pages, and you get to customize your form as easily as anything!
Unique Email Send Time Optimization
The Email Send Time optimization is another crucial feature, as Sendinblue can actually pick a feasible time for sending emails based on your past behaviors. Price-wise, it is much more affordable than Constant Contact pricing as well.
- Free CRM sales available
- Free plan allows 9000 free emails per month with 300 each day
- Super easy to use and the plans are very inexpensive
- Comes in 6 different languages
- Advanced automation alongside landing page
- Email editor and user interface lag a bit
Plans and Pricing
The best thing about Sendinblue's monthly plans is that they offer you 9000 emails for free!
However, you can only send 300 of them per day if you take the free plan. Their paid plans include 40000 subscribers at $54, 60000 subscribers at $69 emails, and 100,000 subscribers at $99. As you can see, if your company requires sending emails to a massive number of contacts, then this is a great alternative.
Why Sendinblue Is a Proper Alternative to Constant Contact?
When it comes to advanced features like SMS marketing or website builder, Sendinblue is a better email marketing solution than Constant Contact.
Sendinblue is an email tool that enables Facebook ads and has reporting features like Google Analytics and many more. Their automation features are also more advanced and personalized.
Visit the Sendinblue website now to check out all the features + latest deals
- Full free plan allows 1000 subscribers, paid plans offer unlimited emails
- A/B testing, survey, and segmentation enabled
- Advanced email automation for personalized emails
- Available in 7 different languages
- Intuitive backend design and great list management system
- Official website: www.mailerlite.com
Landing Pages Without Codes!
MailerLite is a relatively new company, but it has already gained a lot of recognition due to its simple, modern, and clean look.
They used to be a web design company, which explains the sleek-smart website! They specialize in creating professional landing pages for you — without the help of codes. All you have to do is drag and drop your favorite features and host them on the domain you want to!
Keep All of Your Work in One Place!
The company is great as a visual automation builder, but that's not the only great thing about them! You get to have all your email campaigns, landing pages, and different contacts at the same place. Their free plan comes with an unlimited number of landing pages, making it an even better option.
Personalize Your Messages and Emails
MailerLite's newsletter editor is super-smart as it will let you personalize the messages with ease. The drag and drop builder helps you create dynamically targeted email blocks for different audiences.
The video GIF feature of this company ensures that the emails are not bland and boring, rather interactive and fun at the same time. MailerLite's 24/7 email & chat support comes with different video tutorials, guides, and demos.
- One of the most inexpensive email marketing tools
- 12,000 emails allowed per month in the free plan
- Comes with advanced automation and is super easy to use
- Landing pages enabled for users without a website
- Efficient and minimalistic templates
- Doesn't have spam and design testing feature
Plans and Pricing
This is a very affordable Constant Contact alternative. Apart from the free service that allows up to 1000 subscribers and 12,000 free emails, their primary plans are good for small businesses.
If you pick the basic plan from this email service provider, you have to pay $15 per month for up to 2500 subscribers. Then there's the $30 per month plan for up to 5000 subscribers and the $50 per month plan for up to 10,000 subscribers.
Why MailerLite Is a Proper Alternative to Constant Contact?
From customizable signup forms to chat supports, unlimited emails in the paid plans, and the useful free plan — MailerLite is definitely a cheaper Constant Contact alternative.
With the impressive backend design, this email marketing software is excellent for your email campaigns. Moreover, the customizable landing page also gives it an edge over Constant Contact when it comes to advanced features.
Visit the MailerLite website now to check out all the features + latest deals
- Allows users to push notifications, send SMS, Whatsapp, and Facebook messages
- Offers popups, embeddable forms, and wheel of fortune form
- Pre-build automated template for ease of use
- Unique email addons like gift boxes and scratch cards
- Automation editors with pre-built workflows
- Official website: www.omnisend.com
Best eCommerce Tool
When it comes to advanced marketing automation, very few come close to Omnisend. They're the best possible option for you if you own an eCommerce store and a very suitable Constant Contact alternative.
Their features are rewarding and quite easy to set up, so you get to target users in different stages of their purchasing journey with their email marketing automation tools.
Different Customizable Forms
Omnisend comes with a wide range of forms — all with advanced customization features. They offer embeddable forms, popups and allow you to send games like wheel of fortune for a fun experience for the user. This email service provider enables you to send Facebook/Whatsapp messages and push notifications.
Unique Automation Email Templates
Their pre-build automation email templates work wonders in different cases, like welcoming a potential customer or if someone forgets or abandons their cart. You also get to promote cross-selling opportunities by recommending customers different products judging by their previous purchases.
They're one of the top email marketing platforms, and their marketing tools include analytics reports to track the performance of automation workflows.
- Automation workflows for ease of use
- Free plan includes 500 emails per month to 250 contacts
- Wide variety of forms with different customization options
- Well-targeted personalized texts and emails
- Pre-built unique automation templates
- The email templates could be better
- Quite expensive compared to other alternatives
Plans and Pricing
The monthly plans of Omnisend are quite simple. Unlike Constant Contact, you get an email marketing platform that allows up to 500 subscribers and 6000 emails/month with $16. Moreover, you can reach up to 1000 subscribers and 12000 emails/month for $20 and up to 5000 subscribers and 60000 emails/month for $65.
Why Omnisend Is a Proper Alternative to Constant Contact?
First things first, the eCommerce tools used here are basically an email marketing solution for thousands of online marketers. Among the email marketing providers, this is the best option for online marketing. The automation features help create complex workflows, which makes it a great Constant Contact alternative.
Visit the Omnisend website now to check out all the features + latest deals
- Creates eye-catching landing pages for your business
- Excellent audience management and segmentation tools
- Makes customized emails, postcards, and social media ads
- A creative assistant for real-time marketing insights
- Shows your campaign's performance for future decision-making
- A good number of designs and layouts
- Official website: www.mailchimp.com
Creative Assistance and Website Building
As an email marketing tool, Mailchimp is one of the best ones out there. It manages everything from building your own website and growing sustainably. Once you switch to Mailchimp, its Creative Assistant will help you in every step of the way.
We personally found Mailchimp a bit advanced for new businesses. Then again, it's incredibly easy to get the hang of this marketing tool.
All Your Marketing Tools in One Place
Mailchimp lets you customize the user experience, so you're fully in charge of your campaigns. It also comes with a broad range of website tools. You get a built-in signup and a pop-up form for new visitors.
Customize Your Social Media Posts
We especially liked the in-depth reports and exciting new templates. On top of that, Mailchimp offers regular social media posting, ad creation, and scheduling. You also get a customized journey builder, behavioral targeting, and exclusive CRM benefits.
- Your one-stop solution for online marketing tools
- Imports contact information from popular CRM apps
- Authentic campaign stats, engagement, and growth insights
- Your one-stop solution for online marketing tools
- Makes it easy to reach people of a certain demographic
- Website template builder has limited options
Plans and Pricing
Depending on your contacts, the Standard Mailchimp subscription is priced between $14.99 to $540. Small business owners can grab the deal for $51.99 and reach up to 2.5 thousand people a month.
The Premium Mailchimp pricing starts at $299 for 10 thousand contacts. It gives the subscribers advanced segmentation and unlimited audience control.
However, if you want a test run, Mailchimp also comes for free and includes a Basics plan for only $9.99 a month!
Why Mailchimp Is a Proper Alternative to Constant Contacts?
It's hard to beat the call support of Constant Contacts. But Mailchimp brings something better to the table- advanced audience management and customization tools. It offers a comprehensive Audience Dashboard. You can not only look at performance stats of different campaigns but also time your social media ads. All in all, Mailchimp offers more CRM tools at a better price than Constant Contact.
Visit the Mailchimp website now to check out all the features + latest deals
- Attractive landing pages, ads, and sign-up forms
- You can create your very own online marketplace
- Music, courses, ebooks, photography presets can be put up for sale
- Embeds a “Buy Now” button and generates your own product page url
- Comes with a customizable email designer and Creator Pro
- Official website: www.convertkit.com
Gorgeous Landing Pages and Custom Emails
As someone who doesn't have a lot of experience with CRM, consider Convertkit your holy grail marketing tool. First of all, Convertkit comes with a ton of fresh templates for landing pages and emails.
Enhance Your Website Engagement
What we especially liked about Convertkit was their lead magnet ideas. They keep your prospective customers interested in your new arrivals and upcoming products. Not to mention, you'll immediately notice an upward trend in your sales.
Easy-to-Use Analytics Tools for Beginners
You can monitor all phenomenons in the sales funnel on a single dashboard and sell an unlimited number of products. Since the product pages are customizable, your online store will be anything but boring!
- Suitable for new content creators and small businesses
- Displays your sales and performance on one dashboard
- Low transaction fees for new businesses
- Easy to sell and promote your products
- Secures sales with well-timed, personalized content
- Basic landing page templates
Plans and Pricing
Convertkit is completely free for up to 1,000 email subscribers, without the advanced reporting and automated sales funnel, unfortunately. Convertkit Creator starts at $9.
For 3k subscribers, Convertkit Premium is only $49 a month. Convertkit Creator Pro charges a monthly $79 for the same number of subscribers. It comes with a free migration tool, Facebook custom audiences, and subscriber scoring.
If you're interested in Convertkit Creator, we highly recommend you get a yearly subscription. For a limited time, Convertkit is offering two free months on all their Premium yearly plans.
Why ConvertKit Is a Good Alternative to Constant Contacts?
Convertkit is a better alternative to Constant Contact. For starters, it charges you for the same subscriber on two different campaign lists.
Convertkit identifies each subscriber and never charges you double! It's also easy for new owners to scale their businesses with Convertkit. The user-friendly marketing tools will schedule, delay, and send high-volume emails and show you the stats in real-time. All for $29 on Convertkit Creator Pro!
Visit the ConvertKit website now to check out all the features + latest deals
- A drag-and-drop email designer
- Smart Sending and multi-user access
- Advanced analytics tools and design solutions
- Crafts beautiful emails and newsletters in a short time
- Syncs your contacts, lists, and data from 100+ apps
- Official website: www.icontact.com
An Email Marketing Platform for Professionals
Have you ever looked at an amazing newsletter and thought to yourself — where can I make custom email marketing templates for free? We have, and iContact is the answer.
Test Your Campaign with a Soft Launch
iContact lets you run tests, so you know what subject line and landing page will hook the visitors. You also get to know which CTA phrases and graphics sit better with your subscribers before rolling out a new campaign.
Audience Segmentation and Business Insights
A drag-and-drop email designer beautifully gets your message across. This marketing platform is loaded with similar automation tools and creative insights. Its design solutions, audience segmentation, and performance reports effortlessly bring new subscribers your way.
- Allows you to split-test email campaigns first
- Free communication with your customers
- Offers high-volume sending and deliverability services
- Shows traffic, engagement, and sales reports
- User has to select the list manually for every campaign
Plans and Pricing
iContact is way cheaper than Mailchimp and Convertkit. The Standard plan allows smooth marketing for up to 1500 contacts, and it's only 15 dollars a month.
However, business professionals will like the Smart Sending and unlimited landing pages on iContact Pro. It comes with all the standard features and email promotions, contact record updates, and engagement follow-ups for a $30 subscription fee.
Why iContact Is a Proper Alternative to Constant Contacts?
The performance reporting tool is pretty straightforward at iContact. It points at your campaign engagement and sales status so you know what you can do differently. Last but not the least, iContact is one of the most affordable email marketing platforms we have ever used. So, if you want affordability and premium features in the same product, iContact is the way to go.
Visit the iContact website now to check out all the features + latest deals
What Is Constant Contact?
- Official website: www.constantcontact.com
- Over 100 customizable and responsive email templates
- List building and list segmentation tools
- Drag & Drop email editor alongside intuitive landing page editor
- Google, Instagram, and Facebook ads allowed
- Click-tracking heat map and campaign monitor enabled
- E-commerce integration alongside coupon creation and multi-user accounts
Companies That Prefer Constant Contact
When it comes to email marketing, Constant Contact is one of the veteran tools that has been around for over two decades. In general, nonprofit organizations, small business owners, and freelancers prefer them.
With time they've evolved from a simple email tool into a marketing platform that provides you with different services. The event management industry, in particular, refers to Constant Contact because it has some niche features for them.
One of the Best service Providers
This is an easy-to-use tool and has amazing deliverability rates. Constant Contact offers email list management and duplicate contact management. Even though they lack advanced email marketing features, they cover it up with over 100 email templates and subject line A/B testing.
Constant Contact Pros:
- Very high deliverability rate
- Huge selection of customizable and free email templates
- Simple and easy drag & drop editor
- Free website builder
- Exclusive features for event management and surveys
- 500+ integration spanned all across different industries
- Multi-user accounts with duplicate contact management
Constant Contact Cons:
- Limited email marketing automation and optimization features
- Doesn't have any RSS email function
- Has a limited contact management
- Constant Contact competitors have much higher reporting ability
- Very basic forms and landing pages
- Doesn't have chat support and web push notifications
Plans and Pricing
We'll have to agree, considering the pricing and the Constant Contact features — there are definitely more efficient email marketing platforms with more features and better email marketing capabilities. When it comes to the pricing, they don't give you any free plan, but they do have a free trial.
Constant Contact has two main plans, one is the Email, which starts at $20 per month, and the Email Plus, which starts at $45 per month. Both of them offer unlimited emails, but Email Plus gives you extra services like RSVP forms, polls, and coupons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I look for Constant Contact alternatives?
The reason is quite simple — Constant Contact is gradually becoming outdated, with new tools making the whole email marketing automation much easier.
It's still relevant for small businesses, but if you have a bigger business and want value for the money, then there are plenty of other Constant Contact alternatives to choose from.
Is Constant Contact free?
No. It doesn't have a free plan, but it does have a free trial option. So you can try them out and see if they're the right fit for your business.
Should I opt for free marketing tools?
While it's true that having a free plan does save you a lot of money, but in most cases, they won't save you from the hassle.
Free tools often lack additional features like campaign monitor, transactional emails, and many more. There's also a limit to the number of emails you can send. If you're okay with all that, then you might go for free marketing tools.
What is the best Constant Contact alternative?
It depends on your budget and preferences, but GetResponse is the best Constant Contact alternative due to its efficient marketing automation workflows.
What exactly is the A/B testing in an email marketing platform?
A/B testing is a great way to examine what the subscribers actually want from you. You can do the A/B testing in all the topics of the mail including the subject line, call to action, body, headline, lead magnet, etc. All you have to do is make some changes in each option and see what the audience response is.
Do I really need more features other than the basic ones?
It depends on the purpose you'll be using the email marketing platform for. Features like transactional emails or Facebook ads may not be just as necessary to your work — so check what your work or business requires and then choose a plan.
Best Constant Contact Alternatives: Summary
While searching for the best Constant Contact alternatives, we have come across a few excellent options that are significantly an upgrade on the aging Constant Contact.
For better reports and automation workflows, you should go for GetResponse, which is arguably the best in the business in this regard. If you're an online shop owner, then Omnisend is a great pick. Now if you're a fan of inexpensive options with good features — then Sendinblue would be a good Constant Contact competitor.
However, when we're talking about the best free plans, there's no better than Mailerlite, although Mailchimp's freemium offer comes quite close. At the end of the day, the best Constant Contact alternatives are the ones that suit your line of work. We'd suggest you pick your preferable Constant Contact competitor accordingly. Best of luck on your mission!