Once known as the best email marketing tool in the market, Aweber has been losing that reputation. Why? Because there are better Aweber alternatives out there offering more affordable pricing, and at the same time having all the email marketing functions you need, plus more.
- Sendinblue ⇣ – Best overall alternative – Sendinblue's all-in-one marketing platform gives you unlimited contacts and you only pay per email sent.
- GetResponse ⇣ – Runner-up – GetResponse is the #1 online platform for email marketing software, landing page creator, webinars hosting and much more.
- Mailchimp ⇣ – Cheapest alternative – Mailchimp's all-in-one integrated marketing platform helps you grow your small business on your terms.
TL;DR: For unsatisfied Aweber users, we’ve got some really good Aweber alternatives here. Let’s start with Sendinblue. It has powerful features like SMS marketing, transactional emails, and everything else you need from a decent email marketing software.
Another top alternative is GetResponse – It’s an all-in-one marketing platform. You get everything that you get from Aweber, but the customizable pricing option gives you the upper hand on spending.
And the third-best alternative is Mailchimp. It provides a smooth digital marketing experience with various integrations through social media apps.
Best Alternatives to Aweber in 2021
Let’s go through the best alternatives to Aweber and find out which one suits your needs the most.
1. Sendinblue (Overall Best Aweber alternative)
Main Features of Sendinblue
- Website: www.sendinblue.com
- Incorporates transactional emailing
- Uses key metrics to give you a detailed analysis
- Has a free version with unlimited contacts and other important basic features
- A whole suite of cloud-based communication available to create successful businesses
Detects actions that are taken by the recipient and triggers specific actions accordingly.
These actions include delivering a welcome message to a new subscriber, organizing contacts in your list according to subgroups, updating your email list to keep the most contacted subscribers on the top, sending regular campaigning messages, and so on.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
With this additional feature, you can now control your contacts directly with this software. Sendinblue’s CRM feature can store all the contact information of your clients – everything from names, phone numbers, email addresses to notes, project-related documents, tasks in the project, and so on.
Add all the relevant information to the platform so that you can centralize and manage activities much more efficiently.
Transactional Email Management
By transactional email management, we mean a range of different activities that range from emails related to the creation of new accounts, password-change requests, receipts, push notifications on bills, and related social media updates.
This email will be sent to customers as soon as their transaction has been confirmed by the system. The feature is particularly useful for e-commerce stores.
You can choose from a variety of different templates for both business marketing emails and for transactional emails alike. You also have the option of creating your own templates by using the drag and drop editor in the software.
Stats and Analytics
The software analyses bounce, click-throughs, and the overall engagement with your business in order to give you a detailed stat update on the system. These real-time reports help you to improve the deliverability of your service.
Sendinblue can help you with Facebook ads in order to increase engagement in your service. You can build from scratch – add elements, choose the text, fonts, images, and sync CTAs to drive prospective clicks into fruition through a pre-built pathway.
- Doesn’t require installation – web version
- Automation features work with unlimited platforms
- Free version lets you send 300 emails per day
- CRM feature lets you upload contacts and manage them
- The remote support team provides an advanced level management
- System slows down when integrating with plugins
- Does not offer synchronization between calls, direct messages
- Read my Sendinblue vs Mailchimp comparison
Plans and Pricing
There are 4 plans – free, lite, premium plan, and enterprise.
- The free plan is self-explanatory – at $0/month.
- Lite comes at $25/month for 1000 contacts. Increasing the number of contacts will increase the price – you can add up to 100,000 contacts with this plan.
- The premium plan comes at $65/month for 20,000 contacts, and the price will go up as you keep adding contacts – you can add a maximum of 10,00,000 contacts here.
- Enterprise – this is a customizable plan that is designed as a special contract for businesses that have more than 100K contacts.
Why Is Sendinblue Better Than Aweber?
Sendinblue is more than an email marketing platform. It has additional features that are quite unique to the general email marketing platforms in the market.
There is a transactional email management system and a feature that helps you to create Facebook ads along with regular features like retargeting warm leads, providing detailed analytics, segmenting audiences, and so on.
2. GetResponse (Runner up Best Aweber competitor)
Main Features of GetResponse
- Website: www.getresponse.com
- Comprehensive email marketing
- Complete with a webinar software
- Supports domain management
- Website creator incorporated with AI
- Includes lots of readymade templates
- Has conversion funnels that include sales, lead magnets, list building, etc.
The emails that are sent out to subscribers will work according to pathways created via their responses. When the recipient responds, an automatic response will be generated by the autoresponder feature of the software.
It will detect the pathway chosen by a recipient on the other end and then generate the next steps as a reaction accordingly. This feature makes it very easy for people to connect to your service; thus, it will boost sales for you.
Build Landing Pages, Webforms, etc.
You need to build a lot of campaigning assets to create an appeal for your business. One very important asset is a perfectly responsive landing page for your website.
GetResponse gives you the ability to create perfectly responsive landing pages and much more for potential clients. This is an intuitive drag and drop system that doesn’t require you to have any prior knowledge. You can create landing pages, web forms, webinars, thank you notes, opt-ins, and much more.
Analyze and Optimize
The software has an analyzing tool that will measure conversion rates and tell you whether your strategies and templates are working. If the growth seems to be underwhelming, you can optimize your system for greater success.
These reports will come up on your dashboard – they will include details on the number of click-throughs, unsubscribers, bonuses, and complaints.
As a user, you can use the webinar feature of the software along with the email marketing tools. Host a webinar to announce products, prepare demos, and organize training sessions.
This feature also allows you to share presentations, moderate chats, create and manage polls, share desktops, manage attendees, and so on. To create a premium experience for your contacts, you can also put password protection on these webinars.
- Will analyze and create reports to help you track your company’s growth
- Serves all types of firms, no exceptions
- Very productive visual campaign builder
- More than 150 applications, including customer relationship management systems, content management software, social services, etc.
- Has a Learning Center to help users understand the software thoroughly
- Several different prices and plans are available
- Templates cannot be changed/edited easily
- Progress feedback is not given in real-time, which makes it a bit inconvenient for quick optimization of current strategies
Plans and Pricing
The company offers a 30-day free trial on a basic version of the software that contains everything from a website builder, email marketing features, and lead generation tools.
Once the free trial runs out, you will have to choose from 4 types of plans.
Pricing is given below.
*All prices (except MAX) are given for a standard of 1000 contacts in the list.
- Basic: $12.30/month
- Plus: $40.18/month
- Professional: $81.18/month
- Max: This option is for more than 5000 contacts, and it has a personalized rate. Contact the company to get your price.
After you have sent out emails, made that landing page, and managed other essentials about your website, you will be able to see whether they are actually helping the growth of your business.
Why Is GetResponse Better Than Aweber?
The main purpose of GetResponse begins after this creation stage, which is – they get you that response! You will be able to track the overall responsiveness of your target base.
This tool is designed to help you excel in email marketing strategy by distributing specially designed emails that nurture the growth of your business. It will maximize the potential of the campaigns by reducing costs on your part.
3. Mailchimp (Cheaper Aweber Alternative)
Main Features of Mailchimp
- Website: www.mailchimp.com
- Tracks customer activity to help you strategize
- Allows automatic publishing upon automatic scheduling
- Social media integration across all popular sites
- Content, contact, and campaign management
- Capable of multi-channel marketing to drive business growth at a great pace
With this feature, you can set up email templates for welcoming new subscribers, reaching out to more people to build the company, and responding to people's queries.
You don't have to send the same email to multiple people – go to settings and turn on the default marketing automation tool to set up key triggers that will send emails to the recipients based on their prompt.
This is a feature that allows you to transfer your data from one platform to another. Along with PayPal, Facebook, Google Docs, Analytics, Gmail, there are more than 200 apps that Mailchimp integrates data with.
You will be able to generate a custom code for supported apps and e-com stores to add to your website. This will create more engagement for your business.
Customized Sign-Up Forms
You can customize sign-up forms according to your company’s theme. There are some readymade signup forms that you can use as well.
Segments Emails According to the Demographics
With MailChimp, you can create segments in your subscriber list based on parameters like gender, age, interests, etc. Then, you can create multiple templates and send them to different demographic groups according to what fits where.
If you are sending the right emails to the right groups, you will end up having more conversions, and with that, more success as well.
- Helps to improve your marketing strategies
- You will get reports on customer engagement
- Allows to set up the right targeting schemes for the right audience
- Segments demographics for a higher conversion rate
- Creates new lists when you try to update the tags on existing lists
- Best for smaller businesses, not for everyone – here are better Mailchimp alternatives
- Also check out my Constant Contact vs Mailchimp comparison
Plans and Pricing
Mailchimp has 4 different purchasing plans. The free plan will last for 30 days. Details of the free plan, along with the other 3 plans, are provided:
- Free plan – at $0/month, you will get to keep 2000 contacts and avail features like marketing CRM, creative assistant, Website builder, Mailchimp domain, webforms, and landing pages.
- Essentials – starts at $9.99/month for 500 contacts. You will get everything that is offered in the free plan and some extras – email templates, multi-step journeys, custom branding, split testing, 24/7 customer service.
- Standard – starts at $14.99/month for 500 contacts. You will get everything that is a part of the essential plan and some more.
- Premium plan – starts at $299/month for 10,000 contacts and all features of the standard plan plus more.
Why Is Mailchimp Better Than Aweber?
Mailchimp is a marketing service that is designed to help you make campaigns and reach out to people via email.
You can use their service to manage mailing lists, create templates, integrate with supported platforms, automate and track your marketing strategies. So, basically, MailChimp will make you more efficient – so that you don’t have to spend time on the tenuous task of responding to emails.
Main Features of MailerLite
- Website: www.mailerlite.com
- Lots of newsletter templates
- Manages all your subscriptions and sends them the right messages
- Enables you to tag, segment, and personalize your contact list
- Builds websites complete with landing pages, pop-ups, forms, etc.
- Has drag and drop editor along with a rich text editor
- New features like split testing, auto-timer, auto resend help to optimize your campaigns
You can put a lot into your digital marketing campaigns with the help of MailerLite’s features. You can begin by choosing a template from the several newsletter templates available on the website, or you can build your own newsletter template as well.
There are e-commerce campaigns that will particularly help you to build e-commerce stores that will create a new buzz in the market. You can also use the rich text editor in order to personalize messages that you send out to potential clients.
HTML and Drag and Drop Editor
There are two kinds of editors on this website – HTML Email Editor will help you to add snippets to your company’s website, customize variables so that you can take full charge of triggers, and so on.
The drag and drop visual email editor, on the other hand, is something similar in the sense that it will let you integrate design into your website. You can use this feature to make videos, create social media content, and create highly dynamic content that will propel audience engagement.
Sell Digital Products
You can sell products digitally and receive payments through Stripe, which is an integrated payment service that operates with over 200 currencies to enable transactions all across the globe. Make this feature easily visible by displaying it on your landing page using the HTML editor.
Build Pages for Unsubscribers
When someone unsubscribes from your service, you should send them a note or make them do a small survey so that they reconsider their decision. Some of these surveys are built into the software, but you can make one to your own satisfaction to nurture customers.
- There are a lot of useful digital marketing features
- Lets you design and set up automated RSS emails
- Builds websites and landing pages for easy integration of customers
- Manages subscribers
- Contains lots of newsletter templates
- Email spamming feature requires an update because it makes mistakes sometimes
- Doesn’t have CRM systems
Pricing and Plans
The software has a 14-day free plan. Other than that, subscriptions are priced as below:
- $10/month for up to 1000 subscribers
- $15/month for up to 2500 subscribers
- $30/month for up to 5000 subscribers
So on it goes, with the prices increasing as the number of subscribers increase.
Why Is MailerLite Better Than Aweber?
MailerLite helps you to create email marketing campaigns that resonate with an audience. You will be able to connect via integrations, grow your subscriber list, deliver and track the results so that you are always one step ahead of the curve.
Also, one feature that makes MailerLite special is that it works with Stripe to allow you to sell digital products and earn revenue from them.
Main Features of Omnisend
- Website: www.omnisend.com
- Fast and easy to use email marketing tool
- Helps you to analyze customer data and use it for the most benefits
- Drag and drop editor helps you to personalize the templates easily
- Creates beautiful pages for your brand without requiring you to code
- The prebuilt workflows make your life easier and get you more sales
Omnisend gives you two options with email marketing – a single campaign or a split campaign. You can use both to figure out the difference in success rates and deliverability.
There are two types of pre-built templates here for basic automation – one is standard, and the other is themed.
You get 6 pre-built templates and 12 themed templates. Everything can be customized to further suit your convenience and drive engagement with email campaigns.
Working with templates is super easy with Omnisend’s drag and drop email builder. There are ready-made blocks with features that directly link up with eCommerce sites. In order to use them, all you have to do is drag and drop them into your email template.
Omnisend has a huge set of workflows to help potential or current customers through each step of the marketing automation processes.
Starting with sending out welcome messages to reprocessing returned customers, all tasks are sequenced to work without your direct involvement. Once the customer makes a certain command, he/she will be directed to the next step seamlessly.
- Sends out automated personalized messages in email campaigns
- Advanced reporting based on the level of engagement you’re receiving
- Handles contact management by segmenting and sending out personalized communication
- Versatile drag and drop editor make it easy to customize templates
- Plans could be improved
- Sometimes tech support takes a whole day to respond
Plans and Pricing
- Free plan: Send about 500 emails/month at $0/month. Keep up to 250 contacts.
- Standard plan: Starts $16/month, get all Omnisend features.
- Pro plan: Starts at $59/month, you can send unlimited emails.
You can also get a one-time purchasing deal on the email marketing services of Omniplus Standard for a whole year at $199.
Why Is Omnisend Better Than Aweber?
Omnisend is an all-in-one marketing automation platform that not only sends out emails but also connects you through direct messaging, WhatsApp, dynamic Facebook and Google integrations, and so on. It basically has a wide reach across platforms and thus a high conversion rate from website visitors to clients.
This email marketing software works best for growth-focused e-commerce companies that have a revenue of around 1-10M and a pool of 10-50 employees.
Main Features of ConvertKit
- Website: www.convertkit.com
- Create web pages to promote your service/website
- Email sign up forms are directly sent to visitors
- Customizable Automations to target audiences through your email campaigns
- Lots of integrations to create more opportunities for growth
Helps to reach out to a large audience by sending out automated emails. ConvertKit has high deliverability, which also leads to higher engagement with email campaigns. The software lets you schedule your emails for a later time so that you can stay in touch with potential customers without actively putting time into it.
Add a Signup Form or a Landing Page
You can create beautiful landing pages and engaging sign-up forms by using customizable templates. Add them to your website's email marketing campaigns so that interested customers can easily sign into your service.
No coding knowledge is required to do this. You can make as many of these signup forms and landing pages as you need because ConvertKit lets you make an unlimited amount.
Target Content Towards the Right People
Don’t bombard everyone in your contact list with the same emails. Create custom pathways and set triggers on them so that prompts are sent to your customers accordingly.
- Easy to use
- Simple and effective
- Integrates with over 70 automation tools
- Landing pages with lead magnets to draw in more responses
- Automated pathways make it easy for customers to engage with your service
- Double opt-in feature holds off subscribers from being added to the list
Plans and Pricing
- Free plan: Get to keep 1000 subscribers for 1 month at $0 with basic features
- Creator: Manages up to 300 subscribers at $9/month with the free plan features and more
- Creator Pro: Manages up to 300 subscribers at $29/month with advanced features
Why Is ConvertKit Better Than Aweber?
ConvertKit is an email service provider that helps your business to gain pace by allowing you to send out emails to your subscribers. You can create landing pages and sign-up forms, send automated texts, accumulate data on the success of your strategies, and so on.
This service is gaining popularity in e-commerce businesses because of how easy it is to use.
8. Constant Contact
Main Features of Constant Contact
- Website: www.constantcontact.com
- Keeps emails in a series for successful automation
- Allows to build lists, create segments among them, and put tags
- Can send a timely reminder email to those who don’t open their messages
- Helps customer-management relationships by sending personalized welcome messages
Target Audience with Customized Email Templates
You can choose from a wide range of readymade templates in order to create professional emails to send upon customers’ prompts. All the templates are customizable, so you can target them towards a specific audience.
The software detects the pathways taken by a customer and sends a relevant text or email to them in response. This is an automated feature, and you don't have to put any energy into doing this by yourself. It saves you time and adds a touch of professionalism to your business.
Manage Your Growing List of Customers
Keep all your contacts in here. You can create segments among them so that sending special offers, deals, discounts is less of a hassling task for you.
- A great number of templates are available
- Creates landing pages and integrates sign up forms
- Integrates online marketing with popular platforms like Google, Facebook and finds more customers
- Allow customers to join directly by clicking on the link they get in text messages
- Not good value for the price
- There are better Constant Contact alternatives
Plans and Pricing
Constant Contact lets you try out all the features for 60 days at $0/month. But after that period, you have to start paying.
Prices start at $20/month for 500 subscribers. As the number of subscribers increases, the price also increases. For 2500 subscribers, you have to pay $45/month; for 5000 subscribers, you pay $65/month, and for 1000 subscribers, you pay $95/month.
Why Is Constant Contact Better Than Aweber?
Constant Contact is an email marketing automation platform that provides everything that you need in order to make your business look and feel professional to customers.
The seamless online marketing integration with popular third-party tools and automated email marketing makes it easy for you to deal with customers’ requests and queries in due time.
If you have a small business, the clutterless system of Constant Contact is an ideal tool for your sales team to work more efficiently.
Main Features of iContact
- Website: www.icontact.com
- Hundreds of customizable templates
- Understand email statistics easily by the clearly laid out customer data
- Autoresponders make your business much more professional
- Has a markup that ensures messages end up in the inbox directly
You can find lots of email templates here that are all mobile-compatible. In the templates, you can add personalized text, incorporate your own ideas by using the drag-and-drop editor and add colors. None of this requires any coding skills, so you will be able to do this on your own.
You won’t be left in the dark making guesses on whether your emails are getting sent or not. This website will track the messages you send along with the response that they receive. With iContact, you can actually make contact and never end up in the spam filter.
Autoresponders are amazing – they will reply to any query of the customer, and they will greet new customers with welcome texts. You will be able to set up customized responses in advanced automation so that your reply to emails always sounds warm and reassuring to the clients.
This feature is a savior for sure! It keeps up engagement in your business without requiring any effort on your part.
- Easy to use
- Provides automated marketing
- Analyses the effectiveness of your approaches
- Responsive technical support team
- Prone to outages, so you have to keep your contact lists downloaded for safety
Plans And Pricing
You can use the free version of iContact for 30 days, but it has limited functionality. Features will include email building, making landing pages, automation, personalization, and reporting.
To get more advanced features and to keep using the account, you have to get a paid subscription. Choose any from these plans:
- Base Plan – $15/month
- Pro Plan – $30/month
In order to customize your own plan, contact their customer service.
Why Is iContact Better Than Aweber?
iContact is a subscription-based email marketing platform that has everything you need in order to keep your business growing. It helps you to analyze data and make corrections in your strategy so that you get better feedback from users.
It’s very easy to use, intuitive and if you do run into problems that you can’t solve, the live chat support will always get it sorted for you. It basically takes no time for you to get help with iContact. Compared to Aweber, the iContact support system is much more professional.
What Is Aweber?
Main Features of Aweber
- Website: www.aweber.com
- Flexible email design has multi-device responsiveness
- Multiple variations of emails are split-tested for the highest productivity
- Data segmentation is used to predict and correspond with user’s activity
- If this/then that’ logic keeps marketing automation processes simple
Aweber is an email marketing solution that works via emails. It has great reachability and can offer unparalleled support for your business to grow with speed. There are a lot of cutting-edge new features that you can explore in order to build your company.
It aims at building traction for your company by helping you to segment your subscribers into different groups for greater manageability, and it will further help you to create campaigns, perform split testing to measure effectiveness, create sign-up forms in different styles, send unlimited emails, newsletters, coupons, etc.
You will also receive detailed reports on how well your clients are responding to your company’s tactics and how well your strategies are working.
Offers 700 Email Templates
Inside the Drag and Drop Email Builder, you will find more than 700 readymade email templates waiting to be used. These are professional templates that are designed to make your business look good, but you can create emails on your own templates as well.
As the user, you can do this by setting off instructions on ‘if/or’ functions. The software will then detect the recipient’s actions and trigger autoresponders to tailor messages and send them in an instant. Personalized responses are also sent for one-on-one interaction.
Advanced Tools for List Segmentation
It can be used to divide your contacts into subgroups so that you can target emails to certain addresses in particular. This advanced segmentation tool is very handy when you are tackling different projects at the same time.
Responsive Design in Emails
Your user might be logged into his/her email account via the phone, laptop, computer, tablet, etc. The software will detect the screen size of the registered device and change the size of the email so that it always reaches out to the recipient in an easily readable form.
You can study the effectiveness of different email formats and layouts by choosing between the variations in their arrangement. Send one format to one group of contacts and the other to another group so that you can compare which one got a better response.
In this way, you can choose the more effective format to achieve higher success.
Use Analytics for Assessment
A marketing campaign has several key metrics such as open rates, clickthroughs, bounces, and so on. These will tell you how effective your strategies are so that you can ditch the ones that don’t work and keep building ones that do.
- Simple to use and set up
- Create attractive forms, send out push notifications, etc.
- Send newsletters, coupons, and special offers effortlessly
- Updates you on the effectiveness of your strategies
- Supports a great number of platforms for e-com solutions, CRM software, social media, etc.
- The user interface is difficult to get used to
- You will be charged for ‘unsubscribed’ contacts if you don’t remember to remove them
Plans and Pricing
Aweber has a free 30-day plan. Once the free trial is over, you have to make monthly payments, depending on the number of contacts in your list.
The free trial will let you have an email list for a maximum of 500 subscribers, a maximum of 3000 emails, build landing pages, etc.
Here’s the chart for the paid plans.
- Upto 500 contacts: $19.99/month
- 501 – 2,500 contacts: $29.99/month
- 2,501 – 5,000 contacts: $49.99/month
- 5,001 – 10,000 contacts: $69.99/month
- 10,001 – 25,000 contacts: $149.99/month
- More than 25,000 contacts: Contact Aweber for the pricing
Aweber is one of the top email marketers to spread the word about your company. The autoresponder tool helps you save time by tracking the recipient’s actions and generating instant responses.
The software has good customer service that is always ready to help. There are over 700 email templates that you can use, and all instructions are clearly laid out in the software toolkit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Aweber free?
Yes. It does have a “forever” free plan, but it is limited to 500 subscribers so you can try them out and see if they're the right fit for your business.
What is the best Aweber alternative?
Sendinblue has powerful features like SMS marketing, transactional emails, and everything else you need from a decent email marketing software. GetResponse is an all-in-one marketing platform. You get everything that you get from Aweber, but the customizable pricing option gives you the upper hand on spending. MailChimp provides a smooth digital marketing experience with various integrations through social media apps.
Is it worth paying for email marketing software?
Yes, it is! Email marketing is immensely helpful in boosting the growth of your business. But not only this, email marketing software will help you to effortlessly stay in touch with your customers and clients.
Best Aweber Alternatives: Summary
Aweber is a good tool for email automation, but there are some amazing alternative email service providers that you should consider. You might not need a system as robust as Aweber, or you might need something even more robust but a bit more affordable.
Well, we’re not telling you to try out all the email marketing platforms. But we do hope that you found our list of the 8 best Aweber alternatives helpful. Hope you will be using one to see major growth in your business venture soon. Best of luck!
For better reports and automation workflows, you should go for GetResponse, which is arguably the best in the business in this regard. If you're an online shop owner, then Omnisend is a great pick. Now if you're a fan of cheap options with good features — then Sendinblue would be a good Aweber competitor.
- Bluehost Review (Still The Best Cheap Web Host?)
- SiteGround Review (Still the Best Web Host For Speed & Security?)
- Fastest WordPress Themes in 2021
- How To Install & Configure WP Rocket (Recommended Settings)
- Elementor vs Divi (WordPress Page Builder Head-to-Head Comparison)
- Why I Switched To SiteGround (and Why You Should Do it Too!)